Anything For You

(high-school AU)

- General POV

Clementine walked alone down the school's hallway. Something she was all too used to doing. The students had mostly all gone to the cafeteria already for lunch, so it was unusually quiet in the surrounding halls. As she went to put on her headphones, Clementine heard a noise, almost like a thud coming from nearby. Of course, being her, she decided to go and check it out. Despite agreeing to meet Louis in the music room, she figured he could wait a few minutes. Besides, he could still be at his locker, which was in the hallway the noise came from. Clem rounded the corner, seeing none other than her group's rival Mitch. Why does he look mad? she thought before looking a few feet away from him. And...there was Louis. "Why the f*ck are you so d*mn annoying?!" Mitch fumed. Clem watched as he pushed her friend into a locker, a protective anger coming over her. "I-i'm sorry! Please, I need to be somewhere!" Louis said in a nervous tone. "I don't give a d*mn about your plans." Mitch spat back, punching the other boy harshly in the gut and causing him to double over in pain. "Hey!" Clementine shouted in anger. Mitch turned around quickly, his expression growing darker when he saw her. "What the f*ck do you want, b*tch?" he turned to face her as she approached, careful to keep her chin up. "Don't hurt Louis." she threatened, ignoring the boy who shook his head at her, urging her to stop. "Is that some sort of threat? You don't know the first thing about threatening, do you?" he mocked her.

Only seconds later, Mitch sent a fist to Clem's face, punching her squarely in the jaw. She backed up in an effort to keep her balance, holding her injured cheek. Then, in a swift movement, she grabbed Mitch's shoulder, punching him back. It was then that she realized her mistake, seeing Louis run off behind her. She wondered where he was going, but part of her was afraid. She'd never fought anyone before. The teenage girl tried to dodge Mitch's next attack, but hit herself against a locker trying to get away. Of course Mitch took advantage of her being stunned a moment, grabbing her ponytail and throwing her to the ground. He got on top of her, punching her face for the second time before wrapping his hands around her throat and choking her. Clem reached a hand to his face, jabbing her fingers into his eyes. She threw his hand off of her neck when he flinched and lost grip, getting up and throwing him to the ground beside her. She slammed her elbow into his gut before crawling away in an effort to escape. But then he grabbed her leg, trying to pull her back. "That's enough, both of you! Stop right now!" The principal's angry voice boomed from the end on the hall. Clementine caught the message, however it seemed that Mitch didn't, still wanting to get in one more injury. He continued pulling her closer until she kicked him in his face. That was right before the principal grabbed her arms, pulling her away from the boy. She sat a moment on the hard floor, panting and watching the principal help Mitch up. "Can you stand?" Louis asked from beside her. "Did you get the principal?" she questioned back, accepting his hand as he helped her to stand. "Yeah. I thought it'd do more help than to stay and try to fight." Clem nodded, trying not to show the dizziness that clouded her thinking. She still felt her friend's hand on her back as he watched her in concern. "Clementine, you're coming too." the principal shot a dirty look to her and Louis before she started walking in their direction. "See you later?" Louis asked, worry as his expression. "...maybe, if I get out alive." Clem shrugged before walking back to the office with Mitch and the principal.

Both teens waited impatiently in the office chairs, only wanting the whole ordeal to be over with. Mitch held an ice pack to his head, but Clementine had refused the offer. She looked over to the boy, who glared back with a dark expression. She stared him down, wiping the blood from her lip before turning and looking back to the clock. She turned to look when a door opened, revealing Lilly, her family's friend. Clem figured it would be an understatement to say she did not look impressed. "Come on, we're going." the woman said in a low tone. She grabbed the girl's wrist, practically dragging her from the scene. It didn't stop Clementine from turning and looking to Mitch. "Let's continue this tomorrow, then?" he smirked, anger behind his smile. "I swear if you lay a finger on Louis--" she was cut off my Lilly, who sounded decently frustrated. "Clementine, not now." she said as they walked past. Clem freed herself from the woman's grip, turning around a moment just to flip him off before exiting the school.

"What were you thinking?!" Lilly shouted at her as the walked to the vehicle. "Why are you picking me up?" Clementine dodged the question. "Your parents couldn't come get you. Neither could your uncle Lee. So I'm here." she replied lowly. "You shouldn't have said anything, Clementine. I thought you knew that." Lilly shook her head, staring ahead before stopping to face the teenager. "What was I supposed to do? Just let him beat up Louis? If it means he doesn't get hurt, I'll do f*cking anything!" the girl said back, frustrated by the conflict. Lilly looked back in shock, which quickly turned to anger. "Don't you dare swear at me. You know what? You can find your own way home." Lilly fumed, getting in her vehicle and driving away alone. Clementine stood in shock, alone in the parking lot and unsure of what to do. Until she heard footsteps behind her.

"I'm sorry for everything earlier." Louis said quietly, catching the girl by surprise. "It's fine. I chose to help, and...this is what I got in return." Clem said, gesturing to the bruising she'd obtained. "I heard what you said. I just...thank you." he looked at her with sadness. "Like I said before, if it means I can protect you..." she trailed off, looking to the ground and hiding the sudden red that dusted her cheeks. "You didn't have to do anything. You know that, right?" Louis asked in guilt. "I know. But I walked to help." she replied, wiping her lip again. "Why?" "Well...because I love you." Clem paused, feeling even worse at his expression when she said that. "I mean...sorry, I mean I care about you...didn't mean to make that awkward..." she sighed. The boy walked closer, embracing her in a long hug. She couldn't help but hug back, but she was surprised when he whispered to her. "I love you back, Clementine." the boy spoke softly, butterflies in his stomach. But the good kind. "I hope you know, I'd do anything for you too." she sighed as he pulled her away, hands lingering on her shoulders. "You got something on your lip." he smiled. Today was the day. "Where?" Clem asked, slightly embarrassed as she raised a hand to her face. Until he pulled her hand away gently, feeling more nervous than he ever had. "Right there." Louis leaned in, lips connecting with hers softly as he shut his eyes tightly. Only hoping for a good outcome from his bold move. The girl didn't move away, but rather melted into the kiss, forgetting the pain from the recent events. The boy pulled away, lingering near her face a moment before stepping back in embarrassment. "Sh*t, I'm so sorry, Clem. I--" he started. "Don't be. Louis, I...I feel the same way." she cut him off as she approached, wrapping an arm around his neck and kissing him again. Louis was surprised by this, but not in a bad way as he wrapped an arm around the girl's waist. Despite everything, the couple found joy in being together. Mostly because, it meant not being alone. But rather being with each other, the one they wanted to be with most.

Sorry about that end. My laptop's about to die lmao. Another high-school AU lol. I'm getting to part two for the last oneshot. And it's almost 1 am here. What is my life. Ok byeee