Dare and Glare

Requested by clementineisbest. Thanks for the idea!

- General POV

"Can I ask you something?" Louis fidgeted with the card in his hand. "That's kinda the point of the game, Lou." Clementine laughed as she leaned in. "Why're you still with Gabe?" He asked hesitantly. "... Not right now." She said quietly, gesturing to AJ, who sat questioningly beside them. "Let's just change the game. Get rid of the truth part, we'll just do dares." She added, taking their cards and shuffling the deck nervously. Louis looked at her worriedly as she didn't break eye contact with the card deck, her hands starting to become shaky. Her head jerked up at the sound of a few brief knocks at their door. "I'll get it." She exhaled, standing and opening the door. "We need to talk." Louis heard from outside. It was Gabe. "Uhh... Okay." She agreed quietly, stepping out into the hall with him.

Louis and AJ exchanged a worried glance as raised voices came to shouts, and shouting to what seemed like crying. Before he could stand to get the door, Clementine came in quickly, not facing them and leaving the door open slightly. "AJ, can you go find Tenn or something? I mean...go on patrol or something..." AJ looked to Louis questionably, who nodded and assured him things were under control. Despite not knowing if they were himself. He walked out slowly, worried as she seemed to hide her face from him. He left nonetheless, not wanting to get involved in things he didn't understand. After he shut the door, Clem slouched against the wall, looking distressed and upset. "Clem...?" Louis asked, taking a step closer to his friend. She didn't reply, instead only looking at the ground while tears ran down her cheeks. "Clem, what's wrong?" He repeated as he reached a hand to comfort her. Finally Clem stood shakily and wrapped her arms around the taller figure. Not knowing what to do, Louis hugged back tightly in a desperate effort to help.

"Gabe...broke up with me." Clementine breathed shakily, not letting go of the only comfort she had. "I thought you didn't like him anymore...?" Louis asked as for a moment she cried harder. "Okay just...calm down. And tell me what happened, okay?" He broke from the hug as he looked down to her. It broke his heart to see her in this state, but he knew the only way to help was to understand. "I...I didn't like him anymore. It's...well he started yelling at me. And saying that he liked someone else." Louis stood in shock as he tried to process everything. Still holding onto her shoulders, he pulled her in again as she kept talking. "I got upset and started asking if he was cheating, but he just dodged the question and said that I didn't like him either, so it didn't matter." He rubbed her back to comfort her until finally, the teenage girl pulled away and regained her composure. "I don't care that we're not together anymore. I'm just...I'm mad that he would...or figured he could just...go with someone else behind my back." Clem took a deep breath. "Clem, it's gonna be okay. I promise. For now though, I'm pretty sure it's time to eat." Louis moved towards the door, taking her with them as they headed down to the courtyard.

Timeskip (later after supper)

"Truth." Louis replied, fully engaged in the card game around the fire. "Is there anyone here that you...have a crush on?" Gabe smirked, watching the other boy's expression shift to uncomfort. "Wow, ok. Umm...well, yeah. Yeah, there is." He said, shifting in his seat in embarrassment. "Who is it?" The other boy laughed, to which Louis replied saying, "that wasn't part of the question. Flip another card!" And the whole group playing took one from their deck and glanced at the other's. "Looks like Sophie wins this one." Aasim said unenthusiastically. "And I lost. I choose dare." Gabe said as he watched the redhead with something...more than anyone thought. She smiled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear before looking up, meeting eyes with the boy. "I dare you to kiss me." She said in a sing-song voice. Clem's stomach dropped, and she couldn't control the expression on her face. What's worse was that it didn't seem to affect Gabe. At all. He shrugged nonchalantly, beginning to stand. The rest all gawked as well, but just as Louis went to grab Clementine's hand, she stood up with tears forming in her eyes. "Is this what you were doing?!" She shouted, gesturing to the two teens. "You were cheating on me with...with Sophie?! Yeah, I knew there was someone else! I...you b*tch!" The girl stormed off into the dark, heading in the direction of the watchtower to calm down. Sophie and Gabe stood awkwardly as Louis walked past them, going after the girl. "Way to go, you d*ck." He muttered, speed walking to catch up with her.

"AJ! I'll take the shift now!" Clementine tried her best to sound as usual while the younger boy climbed down. "You sure?" He asked, noticing the footsteps approaching them. "Yeah. You go enjoy the rest of your evening, okay goofball?" She smiled, thankful he couldn't see the tears streaming down her face in the dark. Without another word, he ran off, likely going to find someone to talk to. However she didn't notice Louis behind her as she climbed up to the watchtower. "Mind if I join you?" He called up to her, hands ready on the ladder's wrungs. "I'm fine up here. You should be with the rest." She replied, secretly hoping he wound to stay. However a small part of her wanted him to. It didn't stop her from rolling her eyes when she heard him sit down beside her. "Wanna talk?" He said bluntly. "What's there to talk about? You already know the story." Clem sighed, breaths shaky and uneven. "There's always more to say. I'm not judging you, if that's what you're worried about." Louis looked to the girl as she stared up at the stars, wiping the tears from her face as they kept coming. "I just didn't want to be alone again. But I wasn't good enough. I'm never good enough..." She trailed off, bringing her knees to her chest hopelessly. "You think he cheated because you're not good enough? Clem..." He trailed off sadly. "He cheated because he's an ungrateful little b*tch. There's nothing wrong with you. You can't say anything to make me think that there is, either." Louis finally took hold of her hand, surprised by how cold it was. "I didn't even like him anymore. But I didn't just cheat on him because I like someone else." Clementine paused as she realized what she'd just confessed to.

"You like someone else?" Louis asked as his heart best a little faster. "Uhm...yeah. But I don't think they like me back." She said disappointedly. "Who is it?" He asked. "I can't say. You'd probably be upset." Louis laughed a little at the comment. No one she'd like that he did. "If you're wondering, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be who I like." He coaxed a little, trying to pry it out of her. Gently. "Well I know that. It's just that...well, who do you like?" Clem turned to face him as her tears finally started to dry. His eyes widened. Oh no. "Well I like someone who...isn't playing truth or dare right now." He said as she glanced to the circle of people, trying to single the person out. "Well that leaves Ruby and Omar." She said confusedly. "Okay, well the person is a girl. And it's not Ruby, she's dating Aasim." He laughed at her conclusions, however his hands how slightly shaky as he realized how obvious the answer would become. Maybe that was the point.

"So...someone not at the school, then?" Clementine watched as he shook his head slowly. "No...actually, this girl is...sitting right beside me." Louis shut his eyes as her expression changed. "You mean...me?" She nearly whispered. "Mm-hm." Nervously, he watched as she opened her mouth to speak. "I like you too." She said as the distance between them somehow vanished. "Really?" His voice quiet, their faces lingered only inches from each other. "Since the first time I saw you." And with that, their lips met gently as Louis cupped her face. The kiss lasted moment after moment as the two came to feel everything they had wished for months. Finally they parted, faces still close as he whispered, "see? You're not alone. And I promise, I'll never leave you."

Sorry if the end is bad. I kinda suck at writing when I feel sick. And I'm nauseous right now, so... Yeah. Fun. Well I hope you enjoyed, and thanks for reading!
Also, please know that I'm really busy lately so publishing is really inconsistent and like...random. Sorry!