It's a Date

Requested by livcaitlyn. Thanks for the idea!

- General POV

"Louis, come on! It's the apocalypse, I think I should see where I'm going." The brunette groaned as she kept her head lowered, holding Louis' hand as her only way of knowing where they were heading. "Just trust me." He said back confidently. "Besides, I've got Chairles. No need to worry!" He mused, gaining a faint smile from her. "That's what, the millionth time you've said that? When are we getting there?" She giggled, still unhappy with his vagueness. "We'll be there soon." He promised, guiding her through the forest they had become so aquatinted with. Although she knew they were far outside the 'safe zone'.

Finally after what seemed like hours, they stopped. The sound of crunching leaves under their footsteps, and of course, Clem's wooden leg AJ made her, ceased as another sound could be heard. "You can look now." He smiled, grinning widely as Clementine opened her eyes, gasping when she saw it. "You found a waterfall?!" She couldn't believe her eyes. She looked around, seeing a few birds hop around the ground happily, looking to the waterfall as it rushed down. He turned back around to his girlfriend, almost doubling over when she practically rammed into him, hugging him tightly. He hugged back, giving her a loving kiss on her head before moving away, pulling two items from his coat pocket. "I even brought a snack." He joked, holding the bag of pretzels in his hand, along with his pack of cards. "And a card game?" Clem laughed as they sat down on the soft ground. "Well, we've actually... Never been on a real date before. Of course there was that time before we invaded the Delta, but that doesn't really count." Louis chuckled, shuffling the deck. "And this place is actually one of my favourite places to go when I'm stressed or something. I've done a lot of thinking here. Figured I should share it with someone special." He admitted, smiling warmly at his girlfriend. "Wow, I sure feel special." She half joked, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "What game is it?" Clem asked, inhaling deeply the fresh, misty air. "Well I was thinking either a game of war, or a game of truth or dare." He smiled mischievously. "Oh, we're definitely doing truth or dare." Clem laughed, taking her half of the deck from his hand.

They both pulled their card at the same time, Louis having a 10 and Clem with an 8. "D*mnit!" She shook her head playfully. "Okay, truth." Clem smiled, setting the card down separately from the rest. "Hmm... Okay. So, when we ran into those guys you used to know, specifically Gabe, did you still have feelings for him?" He tried, still remembering his surprise for later. "Seriously? Everything you could've asked, and you're over here being jealous of the caravan group we met?" Clem mused. "No, I didn't feel anything for him. I'm yours and you're mine, it's as simple as that." She stated before realizing what she'd said and blushing a deep red. "Okay, Clemster. Draw again." He said as they both drew out another card. "Ugh. Okay, I choose truth too..." Louis trailed off, turning to fear when he saw the look Clem gave him.

"What's the thing you're always doing at the table?" She asked, embarrassed of the slightly inappropriate question. "What do you mean?" He asked back, trying to recall the 'table thing'. "The thing where you always... You know..." She bit her lip, wishing now to vanish into the waterfall. Louis' expression changed from confused to... Something a little different as he nodded. Sitting beside her, he looked into her eyes, moving a hand to her leg. Clem looked down, flustered as she realized that he was doing this, now. "Lou..." She trailed off as he moved his hand back and forth over the inside of her thigh, making her almost groan as he squeezed it seductively. They leaned in, kissing passionately as he kept his hand there, on her thigh. Moving his other hand to her stomach, they kept kissing as he moved his hand up her shirt, not removing it but moving his hand over her bare stomach. She moaned into the kiss as her hands too, took their own paths. She ran them down his sides, touching his stomach and chest through his shirt.

"Louis..." She started, still unsure of what to make of the feelings she'd discovered. "Louis, I..." She broke from the kiss a moment, feeling the need to speak with him. "I love you." Clem choked out. She knew she made a mistake when she felt his grip tighten on her stomach, although his face stayed the same. Except for one thing, he'd teared up. He took his hand from her thigh and placed it in the same spot as his other hand. She shivered feeling his hands over her bare stomach, but she didn't mind. She liked the feeling. He wrapped both hands around her back, still under her shirt, but not removing it. Louis kissed her gently this time, although making her fear the worst as he said nothing. Finally, moving his mouth to her ear, he whispered, "I love you back.". That was enough to make her start crying as she dug her head into his shoulder, tears falling from her face as she smiled warmly at him. They kissed again as Louis remembered his earlier surprise.

Smiling into the warm and gentle kiss, he pulled something small out of his pocket, holding it in his hand. Clem realized there was something between them, and, looking down to see what it was only made her cry even more. She covered her mouth as he held the ring in front of her, hand slightly trembling. "Louis, we're too young..." She argued, having to accept reality. Besides, she didn't feel quite ready. "It's okay, it's a promise ring. A promise that we'll always be together." He took her hand, sliding the ring onto her finger as glistening tears rolled down her cheeks. He cupped her face, wiping the tears and touching foreheads with her. Louis looked down as she took his hand, linking pinkies with him. "I promise." Clementine smiled. "I promise." He copied back, shaking their little pinky promise handshake and leaning in for another kiss.

Wow this one's long. Sorry it took so long to make. I'm trying to update more, but I have a large workload for school coming up so I might not be able to much next week. I will try and write in this book more often though. Thanks for reading!