Accepted

Btw that picture is fucking DOPE as HECC

- Clementine's POV

I stood in front of my parents nervously, trying to keep a level head. "What is it you wanted to tell us?" My mom asked confusedly as I struggled to say it. My eyes landed on the wooden cross hung up on our wall...would I get disowned? "I'm..." I started, looking down in worry. I'd been in the closet for so long...was this the right move? What would I do if I needed to leave? Would Louis be mad if he knew? I knew he accepted it, but what about his own girlfriend? "I'm bisexual." I finally blurted out. Although I wished I hadn't looked up to see their shocked faces. A moment of silence passed as my dad sighed, opening his mouth to speak but closing it again after. "No you're not." My mom said coldly. I looked back up with hurt. I'd tried telling them before, but...they always made me feel so unsure. They made me question myself, even when I knew I was right. "Yes, I am. I know I am. You can't just tell me something about myself!" I said louder, although I felt so small and afraid inside. I just couldn't let on.

"Clementine, you know it's a sin. Besides, what would Louis think if he heard you right now?" My father spoke up, gesturing to me. Once more my eyes stopped on the little cross. What would Louis think? The thought echoed in my mind. What would he think? "I'm sorry, I can't condone something so...unnatural." My mom spoke up. Her tone was so...cold. It was like she was speaking down on me, rather than equally. If it's so unnatural then why does it feel so natural? It's not like I'd cheat on my boyfriend, not at all. I love him. But it's just how I am. "I...I need to go." I stuttered, turning to leave. "No. You do not walk out on us like this. We need to fix this problem. I won't let my daughter ruin her own life by accepting this disgusting behaviour! Clementine, you know it's not right!" My father shouted after me as I ran up the stairs to my room. "The only problem here is you!" I shouted back, slamming my door and locking it.

In a rush I dumped all the contents out of my school bag, grabbing a few clothes and stuffing them inside. I grabbed my phone quickly, tears blurring my vision as I started typing shakily. "Is it okay if I come over?" I texted to Louis before putting it down on the bed and continuing to fill the backpack. It would only be until this was blown over. Finally I zipped up the backpack, slinging it over my shoulders, along with my purse and school supplies, which were now inside another bag. I didn't know how many days I'd be away, but...since it was only Friday I couldn't be too sure. "Yeah, are you staying the night?" He replied as I picked the phone up. "Yeah...I'll be there in a bit." I said as I opened my window. "Is something wrong?" The boy replied only seconds later. "I'll explain later." I said before starting to climb out of the window. Finally I heard loud footsteps coming up the stairs. I could practically hear the anger. "Clementine, open the door!" My dad shouted as he knocked, jiggling the handle. I ignored him as I backed out of the window, dropping down carefully. From there I ran down the street, looking back as tears rolled down my cheeks. I loved my parents, why did it have to come to this? I wondered if God would be as mad as my parents were.

Finally I made it to Louis' house, my hair and clothes wet from the rain. I knocked on the door gently and heard shuffling inside, being opened by Louis' mother only seconds later. "Clementine? You're wet! Oh, honey, come inside before you catch a cold." She put her hand on my back, urging me inside before going to the kitchen. "Let me make you some tea, you must be freezing." The woman said as she pulled out a mug and a tea bag. "Thank you." I replied quietly as I took my shoes off. "Louis! Clementine's here!" She shouted to the boy who was in his room. I heard hurried footsteps before seeing my boyfriend in his pajamas, worried as he ran up to me and hugged me. "Hey, are you okay?" The boy asked worriedly as he encased me in his warm embrace. "I...I don't know." I whispered as tears started escaping me once more. "Honey, why don't you have a seat at the table." The kind woman said as she placed a steaming mug of tea down on the table. I nodded, sniffling as I sat down next to Louis.

"Why don't you tell us what's wrong?" She smiled to me as Louis held my hand under the table. I sipped the tea, trying to calm down before explaining. Let's hope the second time would be better. "I...well, I'm, uhh...I'm bisexual." I said, for the second time today. I looked over at Louis, hoping he wouldn't react the same as my parents. To my surprise, he only smiled, squeezing my hand a little tighter. "And I came out to my parents. But...they got mad. So I came here. That's why I had the backpack and everything." I explained, gesturing to the bags laying near the entrance. "You were hoping to stay here for a few nights?" His mother asked understandingly. I nodded, as did she, before I turned to Louis. "So...you aren't mad?" I asked as he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "What? Why would I be mad?" The boy asked. "Well...because we're dating." I mumbled a little as he chuckled, pulling me in for another hug.

"Baby, I'm not mad. It doesn't mean you'd cheat on me. It just means if we weren't dating, you'd be interested in dating a girl as well as a guy. I'm just glad you told me." Louis smiled lovingly, kissing me in a comforting gesture. Well, it worked, as I almost immediately relaxed in his arms. Why couldn't my parents be like this? "Sweetie...your parents might not accept how you are. But they still love you. We still love you too. And you know, coming from your background...I know for a fact that God still loves you. He wants you to be happy. And if this makes you happy, then by all means accept it. It's a part of you, so don't be ashamed, okay?" Her eyes were glossy with tears as she stood up, coming around the table and hugging both of us tightly. "I love my little pumpkins..." She said as she embraced us both. Finally, I felt...accepted. And above all else, loved.

Ehhhh I feel like the ending is kinda bad but whatever
"The people who matter don't care, and the people who care don't matter."
Aaaanyways...for any of you who are closeted, or out but not in an accepting environment, just know, you're safe here. I know it's not ideal, I'm in the same boat. We can get through this together. You're not in the wrong, you're not hated. If you believe in God, he's not mad at you. I promise. You're not going to hell for being lgbtq+, I can 100% guarantee you that. It's just a thing to scare people out of being themselves. Anyways though, I hope you're all doing well and accepting yourselves. Because you're amazing! You're all such amazing people and I couldn't care less if you're straight, gay, bi, pan, ace, trans, gender neutral, I DON'T CARE!!! You're all beautiful and you're all wonderful amazing people. Just remember: you were made for a reason. Don't let people crush you or tell you otherwise. I'm going to go ahead and say this...I'm bisexual. And demisexual, so I'm on the asexuality spectrum as well. And it doesn't matter, because in the end love is just love. This one hits close to home for me because I'm Christian in a Christian family who doesn't support lgbtq+. I'm closeted right now, and I plan on staying that way until I move out. Although I'm not in a dangerous environment, if you are, you'll get through it. You'll persevere and make it through this. I promise, it'll get better. Take care everyone! 😘❤️😉😁👍👌
Also I'm sorry this is SO FUCKING LOOOONG
But I just needed to get all that off my chest. So there. Have a wonderful day!!!!!