Isolation

Requested by MellowAndDasher. Thanks for the request!

- general POV

Clem laid on her bed, facing the room but not moving. The only movement she made was breathing, she she intended to keep it that way. Well, until she heard a knock at the door. "Clem?" Ruby called from outside. "Yeah?" She replied, sighing. She didn't want to see anyone right now. Not even Louis or AJ. "Can I come in?" The redhead asked from outside. "Yeah." The teen huffed a little as the door creaked open, revealing Ruby who held some medical supplies. "Just wanted to change your bandages. I don't want your leg gettin infected." She said, placing the items onto the dresser. Clem barely moved, only enough so Ruby could remove the bandages and clean the wound again. "Louis is really worried about you. We all are. You've barely been out in days." She said quietly, not looking up. Clem's stomach tightened at the mention of his name. Every time he came in he seemed more distraught and irritated. Not at her, but...she couldn't figure out why.

"Anyways, he was just asking if he could come in and see you today." She shook her head a little, not wanting to provoke an argument with the other girl. "I don't really want to see anyone today." Clementine shrugged, feeling guilty when Ruby looked up at her sadly. "Are you sure? He seemed really--" "I'm sure. Just tell him...I needed to sleep." Clem interrupted as Ruby finished wrapping new bandages. "I...okay. I'll come check on you tomorrow. Take care, okay?" She smiled before closing the door. Clem felt herself tear up as she heard the door click shut. She didn't want to be alone. But feeling so weak around people made her shut everyone out. She didn't want them to be disappointed in her, or see her as a failure.

Clementine lay there awake as before, still and unmoving. She couldn't sleep. She hadn't properly slept for the past few weeks. Ever since she lost her leg. The hours ticked by until the girl questioned if she was even truly awake anymore. Until there was another knock. "Clementine?" Louis' voice sounded from outside the door. Clem closed her eyes and sighed. Did she honestly want to be alone? "Yes?" She replied a bit harshly. "Can I come in?" He asked. Her stomach dropped a little hearing how sad and lifeless his voice was. Is this what she sounded like? "Okay." She said after contemplation. The girl watched as her boyfriend entered the room quietly, timidly walking up to the bed and sitting next to her.

"Why aren't you wanting to see me?" Louis asked. He seemed sad...but also a little angry. "What?" She asked. Now wasn't the right time for conflict. "Ruby gets to come in and see you every day, yet we barely ever speak anymore. Clem..." He started. It was then that she noticed the tears in his eyes. He was truly hurt. "It's so dark in here. What...what's been going on?" He asked as he struck a match, lighting the candle on the dresser. She'd left it dark, just as every other night. No use in getting up to light it if she didn't care. "Nothing's wrong." Clem lied. Why was she making it worse? "If that were true you wouldn't be isolating yourself like this. What's bothering you?" He said, sitting down again. He didn't touch her like he usually would...it was strange.

"I don't know, Louis! I don't fucking know, okay? I just...I feel like I let everyone down. I feel like a mess! Like a failure! Isn't that reason enough for this?" Clementine snapped as tears started rolling down her cheeks. She didn't want this. But there was no hope anymore. "No, it's not. Clementine, I...I'm miserable without you around. AJ is miserable. He cries all the time wondering why you hate him! Why you won't see him anymore!" Her eyes widened as her heart broke into a million pieces. Is this what she was doing? "Please stop doing this to yourself, it's not worth it. You're not a failure, Clementine. You're my girlfriend. I love you. I hate seeing you like this, it breaks my heart every day!" Finally the boy grabbed her hands, lifting them to his face. "I miss feeling this. I miss kissing you. I miss hearing your voice and seeing you smile. I just miss you. So much."

Finally Clem sat up shakily, leaning closer to her boyfriend and trying to stop her mind from going into overdrive. She watched as he cried quietly next to her, unsure of what to do to make it better. How could she? She was the reason for his pain. And AJ's. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She cried, pulling him closer and crying into his figure. He hugged back, his head next to her's as he nuzzled into her. "It's not your fault." He whispered sadly, still holding her hands in his. "Hey...baby, look at me." Louis whispered, lifting her chin to see her face. "I love you. That's never going to change." He smiled a little before leaning in to kiss her. Clementine melted into the kiss, for once feeling okay. For the first time since getting bitten the chaos in her mind left. "Can you go get AJ?" She whispered as they parted. He nodded, quickly wiping his tears and running to go get the little boy. Clem only hoped this was the right decision.

"Clem!" AJ cried as he ran to her full speed, nearly knocking the wind out of her as he hugged her tightly. "I thought you hated me..." He said as Louis closed the door, going to go join them. "Goofball, I could never hate you. No, I love you." She chuckled a little as her tears started to dry. "I love you back." The little not said as he settled in next to her. "Please, no more isolating yourself." Louis smiled as he kissed her on the forehead lovingly. "No more isolation. I promise." The girl nuzzled into him once more as she fell asleep. For the first time in weeks, she was happily asleep. With her family.

Sorry this isn't so much 'yandere Louis'
I don't really know how to write that, I'm sorry!!!
But I hope you enjoyed it anyways, and thanks for reading 😘🙂