I Spy

Requested by Jillypotato. Thanks for the idea!

- Clementine's POV

I walked down the hallway, glancing around as usual. Subconsciously looking for my boyfriend...but also kinda not wanting to see him. We'd been struggling a little lately, getting more...distant. It made me worried. My amber eyes settled on the tall boy as I turned slightly to see him better. But I saw someone shorter, with long, straight ginger hair. Sophie. My stomach already tightened a little as I decided to walk up to them. Anything having to do with Sophie was bad news. "What do you think of my outfit?" She asked innocently, watching Louis examine her tight...revealing clothing. "Looks good, Sophie. Why?" He asked cluelessly. I loved him but sometimes...he was too innocent for his own good. "Oh, just trying to impress someone I like." She smiled sweetly at him. Smile frozen on her face when she realized I was behind her. And her stance changed too, she became more tense. "Hi Clem!" The boy smiled as I walked up to him, eyeing the other girl up and down before looking away. I made sure she saw. "I told you not to call me that." I joked, rolling my eyes playfully.

Not many people know this about me, but...I get very jealous and protective. Very fast. And I can say that in this moment, I was really, really protective. I knew what she was doing. I saw her play, and she knew it. "Hi Sophie." I smiled bitterly to her, watching the girl stare daggers at me while she smiled back. "But anyways Sophie, I think you'll have no trouble getting the attention of whoever you like." Louis finished, smiling. I clenched my jaw, watching the taller girl play with her hair as she looked down at me for a second. Her emerald green eyes staring back at me in a subtly threatening tone. Relief finally ended the tense meeting as the bell rang out, I watched as Sophie waved sweetly to Louis...winking at me before she turned.

During lunch I sat alone, watching Louis talk with his friends. Watching, staring hatefully as I saw Sophie sitting closely next to him. I couldn't even eat my lunch at that point, I was seething with anger. "Clementine?" A timid voice asked from behind. I snapped out of my thoughts, turning to see Gabe standing hesitantly. "Oh, hi Gabe." I said, smiling slightly as he sat down next to me. "Are you...okay?" He asked slowly. My thoughts raced wondering what I must've done to show that I wasn't okay. "Uhh...yes? Why?" I asked. The boy only pointed to my hands. A wave of embarrassment flooded my thoughts, I'd been squeezing the day lights out of my sandwich. "Shit." I said, dropping the flat, squished bread onto the wrapping as I searched for something to clean my hands with. They were full of the condiments. "Here." He said, passing me a napkin. "Oh, thanks." I smiled back, wiping my hands off.

As I stood up to put it all in the trash, I noticed someone looking my way. Louis eyed me cautiously, looking away when he saw me looking back. He looked uncomfortable. Maybe he was jealous? Well, good. Maybe that way I can get his attention.

Later

"What the fuck, Clementine?" Louis said as soon as he closed the door. I nearly jumped out of my seat, watching him take his shoes off. He knew we were home alone right now, he asked to come over. Guess I know why now. "What do you mean 'what the fuck?'?!" I asked back, raising my voice to match his as I approached him. "You just sat there, letting Gabe flirt with you?! Why didn't you tell him to back the fuck off? Do you like all the attention?!" The boy said, nearly yelling. "You actually think that?! And what about you, huh? Sophie was practically drooling over you and you just..." I trailed off. What happened to us? "I just what?!" He yelled, stepping forward while I kept backing up. "You didn't stop her or anything."

"I didn't stop her because I wanted you to be jealous! So that you'd talk to me instead of focusing on everything else all the time!" He shouted, finally breaking from his front as tears started to fill his eyes. My heart dropped as I realized how I'd been pushing him away lately. I rested my back against the wall, opening my mouth to speak even though not many words came out. "That's why I let Gabe start flirting with me." I said, quietly, watching his face turn to confusion. "Because you were...jealous?" Louis asked, stepping closer. I couldn't back up anymore. "And protective." I added, laughing slightly as the boy towered over me. "I always have to remind myself that I'm not the only person that matters in your life. Which I guess is why I got distant. Because I didn't want to seem clingy or needy. Or overprotective.....which I am..." I continued, trailing off when I felt a hand wrap around my waist.

"But you are needing something." Louis leaned down, whispering into my ear. I shivered slightly, almost every ounce of anger leaving me instantly. He pulled away, his deep brown eyes staring longingly into mine. Before I knew, our lips collided harshly, moving with the others passionately. This is what we wanted. But both were too afraid to say. Finally Louis pulled away, both of us breathing deeply as his face lingered only inches from mine. "Clementine..." He said quietly, his hands finding their way up to my shoulders. The boy pressed his lips against mine harshly as he tugged at the zipper of my jacket. It glided down until finally the zipper was completely undone. He placed his hands inside the jacket, pushing it down as I heard the material hit the floor. The cold hit my skin, only my tank top left. But not for long.

Ahhhhh omg I'm so sorry that ended that way idk what's wrong with me 😂😂😂
And also, I am SO SORRY that this is so late. There was a lot going on that was taking up my time (and mental health)
Not much has changed but that's okay because I'm just figuring stuff out. And yes this is a day late, I was SUPER busy yesterday. But sorry for the long delay and I really hope you enjoyed this oneshot! ❤️