Unknown Origins

Requested by Anyaroue. Thanks for the idea! (And so sorry it took so long!!!)

- Louis' POV

The wind blew steadily through my hair as I rode Iris, my dragon. She was a night fury...one of the most dangerous. But I'd gained her trust. My dragon hummed as though like a purr, her wings dipping delicately into the clouds. Until we came to an open island. This was usually how I escaped from all the pressures, everyone constantly being annoyed by my presence. This is where I went to escape. Into the clouds. This was usually calm and relaxing...until I heard Iris start her warning humming. She did it whenever she sensed something dangerous. Whenever she felt we were being watched. I sat up straight, looking around but seeing nothing. Until something caught my eye. The electricity crackle below, near the sand. I heard almost something of a whirling sound...nothing to be seen. My heart beat faster, worry growing until something large and white started to appear next to us. Iris immediately flew down, I felt the drop in my stomach as we got closer to the water. The mysterious, seemingly angered dragon followed us down quickly, forcing us closer to the island. Until finally, it knocked us onto the sand.

Iris stood in front of me protectively, baring her teeth to the stranger. I looked around quickly, concerned for my own life...then I saw a pool of blood. Immediately I thought this dragon wanted me dead, looking closer to see a body. However, they were still breathing. I stood carefully, making my way closer to the person unconscious near the waters. It was odd though, dragons always kill when they down something...that's what I've always been taught. Finally her figure was made clearer, blood on her face and also...all over her leg. Half of it was missing. I watched the girl as I approached slowly, looking over the stranger. "Iris!" I called after my dragon, watching her lower her guard a moment to look at me. As she looked, the light fury quickly used its chance to fly upward, now landing...right in front of me. I breathed heavily, lifting my hands and watching the dragon's demeanor quickly change. It hummed lowly, making its way to the girl and then looking up to me. It wanted me to help her.

I knelt next to the girl, first checking her pulse, and then starting to try and lift her. Honestly, it wasn't hard. She was fairly light, not to mention short. Her dark, curly hair covered part of her face, the tide had gotten far enough to make it wet. I got onto Iris slowly, careful to support her. And then, we made our way back. With the light fury, watching us cautiously.

- Clementine's POV

I shifted in the bed, a pounding headache and my leg throbbing like hell. There was an odd smell, too. Like a cabin. I slowly opened my eyes, not recognizing my surroundings, but not wanting to stick around to find out. I sat up quickly, looking for Aura but unable to find her. Instead, I caught the attention of an unseen stranger. "Hey, why don't you lay back down." He said gently. "Who the hell are you?" I raised my voice, attempting to swallow after I realized how dry my throat was. "I helped you. You were...on an island, injured." He said, raising his hands. His longer hair was up in a ponytail, only a few dreads hanging out to cover part of his eye. I quickly lifted the blanket off, about to stand. And then I looked at my legs. Well...leg. "What the fuck did you do to my leg?!" I shouted, holding what remained of my left leg as the throbbing seemed to get worse. "It was like that when I found you! You were covered in blood." He explained, now seeming fearful of me. Good, I thought.

"Where is Aura?" I asked impatiently. "Aura?" The tall boy asked in confusion, watching as I rolled my eyes. "My dragon. The light fury. She has to be here, she wouldn't just leave me." I explained, watching him nod and look to the other room. "Don't worry, she's here. She actually guided me to you. She's getting along pretty well with my night fury, Iris." He nodded to himself, hesitantly deciding to step closer. "So...what's your name?" He asked, now sitting in a chair next to the bed. I sighed, leaning back and propping myself up on some pillows. "Clementine. And you?" I asked harshly. I was still unsure of this character. "Louis." He smiled nicely. "So...can you get me my dragon back?" I asked, watching him nod before leaving the room momentarily.

Only seconds later, a white dragon came in quickly, not hesitating to jump onto the bed. Or at least...try to. "Hey, Aura...you been okay without me?" I smiled, laughing as she licked my face affectionately. "Ahh! You know this doesn't come out!" I said loudly, petting her lovingly as my eyes landed on Louis. He looked at me with a smile, the night fury he'd mentioned next to him. "So...we should talk." He said suddenly as Aura calmed down, still at my side. "What about?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "Why you're here." The boy replied. "Why should I tell you?" I questioned defensively, raising my head slightly. "We can let you stay here. If you want. I just want to know why you were literally found on a beach, missing a fucking leg." He explained, gesturing to the peg leg they'd given me. I contemplated, deciding to share my information. It was the least I could do since they'd helped me. "My village found out about Aura. They don't think that dragons can be peaceful. They wanted me to surrender her, so they could kill her, and I refused. I was shot down while I was escaping them." I explained, petting Aura as she rested next to the bed. "Wow. That's hard." He said solemnly, sitting next to me. "I'm sorry. You're welcome to stay here, if you'd like." The boy offered.

I smiled gently to him, nodding a thank you as he stood. "If I'm being completely honest...I'm kinda glad that happened. Because I got to meet you." Louis shrugged as I raised a brow. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, watching the boy get closer. I'd be lying if I said my heart wasn't beating faster every second. "It means I think you're really pretty." He smirked, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. I felt my cheeks redden as he closed the gap, kissing me for a moment. But he backed off when he heard Aura make a threatening noise. I watched him start to walk out of the room, I couldn't help but make a comment. "You kiss someone you just met that day?" I called after him, watching the boy turn and smirk at me, shrugging before he left the room. I looked down, feeling a different kind grin tugging at my lips.

Oof. Sorry if the end was kinda awkward or something. Ehhh I tried lmao
I'm so, SO sorry for the long wait, it was completely unintentional. There's just been a lot happening in the past month and I really am trying. I didn't forget about this request, I'm sorry if it seemed that way. But anyways, I hope it was okay. Thanks for reading!