Scars

Requested by alwaysandforeversoft. Thanks for the suggestion!

- General POV

Clementine stood in front of the mirror in her underwear, examining all the little nicks and cuts which have faded over time. Every scar that ever graced her skin, visible to her. It made her disgusted. She felt ugly with all the reminders of past events. Mostly because it made her feel broken. Shattered inside, like a piece of glass that no one took care of. The young girl shook her head, she couldn't understand what Louis saw in her. She picked up her shirt, just about to put it in as she heard the door open. Clem looked quickly, seeing Louis peer inside, immediately going red and turning around. "Sh*t, Clem, I'm sorry!" He said frantically as he kept a hand over his eyes. The girl watched him guiltily. He should know about all her scars, she thought.

"Lou..." She started. He stopped hearing her voice, noticing how her words were laced with a certain disappointment. "Yes?" He asked nervously. She must've been mad about him walking in. He just forgot to grab his music! "Can you..." She paused, thinking. Should she really risk this? Clementine turned around to look in the mirror again, seeing the bite mark on her arm, scar above her eyebrow, gunshot wound. The burnt in symbol of the New Frontier. Louis waited patiently, guessing she must be contemplating. She always did this when she was unsure of something. "Can you turn around?" She asked. Oh f*ck, he thought. Louis (being Louis) was unsure of what this meant.

"Why?" He asked in a quizzical tone. The girl paused, sighing. "Because I just...need to talk to you about something." Clem said. She watched as he slowly turned to face her, eyes looking directly at hers in a desperate attempt to not look down. "What do you think of my scars?" She asked as he cocked an eyebrow at her. What? "What scars?" He asked innocently as she rolled her eyes. "Didn't you see them?" She asked, gesturing to her half-naked body. "I've been trying not to look down." He admitted as she chuckled a little, she found it cute he was so respectful of her. "Well you've seen the one on my forehead." She pointed to the indented gash above her eyebrow. "Yeah, what about it?" Louis asked. He genuinely didn't get where she was going with this. "You don't think it's ugly?" Clem asked unsurely, squinting her eyes a little. She was skeptical. "How can I? You're beautiful." He shrugged as her cheeks tinted a hue of dusty pink.

"What about this?" Clem asked, showing her arm where Sam had bitten and mangled her arm. "It doesn't define you, Clem." Louis looked down at his girlfriend. Was this what she thought on a regular basis? "And then there's this one. I joined a group once. Stole medicine to save AJ's life, and...they took him from me for it. I thought about cutting it out of my skin but it wasn't worth it." The boy traced his fingers over the crude symbol, making her shiver. He only nodded listening to her, a worried expression now on his face. "What about that one?" Finally Louis examined the girl's body. Every scar and curve on it. He decided it was just as beautiful as her personality. "From when I get shot." She sighed. What was he thinking?

"It doesn't matter." The boy spoke in a soft tone, gaining an inquisitive look from Clementine. "What do you mean? I mean, along with my body type, they--" the girl started to protest, being interrupted by her boyfriend who now held her shoulders lovingly. "Your body type is just as perfect as you are. Same with the scars. They make you who you are today and personally? I love that, Clem. I love you." Her amber eyes now looked into his deep brown ones, filling with a glassy layer of tears. She hugged him tightly, forgetting how...exposed she was. But she didn't care. "I love you back, Lou." She whispered as he rocked back and forth, taking in the sight of her beside him. In front of him. Just with him. That's all he wanted, was to be close to her. His heart almost ached hearing her say it back...but in a good way, if that makes sense. That's all either of them wanted, was just to be together.

Clementine brought her head up, staring into the eyes of her lover for a moment. Then, without thinking, she leaned in and pressed her lips against his. Louis stood shocked a moment, not hesitating to kiss back once he overcame the surprise. It was long, as the two basically started making out, but it was passionate. In a caring way. Finally pulling away they breathed more heavily, still smiling. Louis hugged her tighter as they came together again, giving her a kiss on her head before closing his eyes to savour the moment.

Sorry this one's shorter. Normally I do a 1000 word minimum, but it's late here and I'm tired af. Thanks for reading!