Positive (part 1)

- Clementine's POV

(Set years in the future)

I woke up to the darkness, an overwhelming feeling taking over me. Without any hesitation I practically fell out of my bed, running to the corner of the room and starting to gag. What the h*ll?! I thought as I heaved loudly, clutching my stomach in nausea. Hesitant footsteps approached me, along with a concerned voice. "Clem, are you okay?" Louis asked as he knelt next to me on the floor. I started to nod, however stopped as I ducked my head to choke up more. My whole body shook as I felt him rub a hand over my back, attempting to soothe me. It was working, however my stomach didn't want to comply.

The next morning, after much more nausea and discomfort, I approached Violet. "Hey, can we talk for a second?" I asked, pushing back the approaching headache that ached in the back of my head. She nodded in slight confusion, following me inside to the girl's bathroom. "Is something wrong?" She asked, leaning on the sinks. I looked away in embarrassment, opening my mouth to speak but hesitating. "I think I might be pregnant." I looked to the ground, feeling the sudden shift in atmosphere. "What? How?! I mean...I know how, but...sh*t, are you sure?" The panic grew in her voice as she stood up straight, looking at me uncertainly. "Well, no, I'm not sure. Which is why I need to be sure. I mean, Louis doesn't know--" I was cut off with even more urgency lacing Violet's words. "Louis doesn't know?!" Her eyes widened in shock. I shook my head. "Why not?" She asked. "Well how do you suppose I tell my boyfriend that I might be having his kid?! Just say 'Hey Louis! You didn't pull out fast enough!'" I frowned, starting to feel the severity of the situation. "Ugh, Clem! I didn't need to hear that!" She groaned in disgust.

"Well what do you suppose we do?" Violet asked. I shrugged. I was just as uncertain as she was. "Any stores nearby?" I questioned to her, who looked at me confusedly. "I went with my aunt once, when she was buying pregnancy tests." I explained as she contemplated the thought. "Well even if there was, I'm not sure there'd be any working tests in the store. But I'm going hunting today, I can try and look for one if you want." She offered, earning an urgent nod from me.

Later in our room, the door burst open. First thinking it was Louis or AJ, I didn't bother to look. Until I heard her voice. "Clem. I found one." Violet said, waving the package in her hand. My mouth opened in shock as I walked quickly up to her, taking the box and examining it. "Vi, thank you so much. I need to go try it." I said, walking towards the door. "Do you know how it works?" She called behind me. "I'll figure it out." I said back as I rushed down the hall to the bathroom. After reading the instructions over and over, I went in one of the stalls and attempted to take the test. Walking out and holding the plastic object, I washed my hands, watching it the whole time. I sat on the floor, paced around, read the box again and nothing changed. I was afraid it didn't work until I saw lines beginning to form. I waited another few moments, taking another look and seeing complete lines. "The f*ck does this mean?" I clutched it nervously, holding the box in the other hand and reading over again. Suddenly my stomach dropped. "F*ck. No, no, no this can't be right!" Tears stung at my eyes as I shook the test, hoping to correct it. Nothing happened. "F*ck!" I said louder, raising my hands to my head and attempting to calm down. I read the box again carefully, comparing it to the actual test. And again my stomach felt worse and worse. "I'm pregnant." A tear fell from my face as I attempted to swallow the news.

After finally leaving the safety of the bathroom, I went to find Violet. "Hey Clem!" A familiar voice sounded from behind me, making me freeze in my tracks as my heart sped. "Oh! Hey Lou." I laughed nervously, quickly hiding the test behind my back. "What's up?" He asked as he approached me, casually putting his arms around me and giving me a quick peck on my lips. "Not much. I'm just waiting for my shift." I answered, trying not to show my anxiety from the surprise visit. I contemplated telling him, but...What if he gets mad? "You don't have a shift today..." He questioned. I worried as he moved away, mouth moving but I didn't hear what he said. What if he doesn't want to be a part of the baby's life? Another thought emerged as his expression turned into a slight frown. What if he doesn't want to be a part of my life? "Clem?" His voice echoed in my mind as I came back to reality. "Huh?" I replied confusedly, I hadn't heard him say anything because I was too lost in thought. "I said have you been feeling any better?" He laughed worriedly, wrapping a protective arm around my waist. "Yeah! Yeah, I've been uh...so much better." I nodded, replying almost too fast as I moved away. It felt like betrayal to let him go on unknowing. Louis looked at me almost in hurt. "Baby, what's wrong?" He asked. The word echoed in my thoughts. Baby. "Nothing! I just...I'm sorry, Lou. I'm trying to find someone." I explained, regretting how I'd been acting. Unknowing waving my hands in front of me. "What's that?" He asked, pointing to the test in my hand. My face immediately went red as I tried to come up with an explanation. "It's uh...some colouring thing for AJ. I found it in the fishing shack." I tried to cover up, although I know his suspicion was correct. "I have to get going now, I'll talk to you later!" I turned around, walking quickly around the corner as I heard him say something else. "That looks a lot like a--", he called after me, although I didn't stop to hear.

It was late now, and Louis was already in bed sleeping. I, however, sat at one of the picnic tables, trying to figure out what to do. "You need to tell him. I'm sure he'll understand!" Violet had said earlier. Would he understand? I questioned. Finally I stood, walking back to our room. I walked inside, closing the door gently and walking up the stairs. What's wrong with you?! Just tell him, its not that bad! My thoughts haunted me as I reached our hall. The floorboards creaked under my weight as my stomach turned. By the time I reached the door, I'd already teared up. I opened the door slowly, letting it click behind me as I walked to the bed and sat down. However I struggled to lay down from the guilt I felt. Why don't you trust him? You really are a great girlfriend... My thoughts mocked me as I hugged myself, beginning to cry. What's wrong with me? I thought, letting the emotions run through my mind, ignoring the rustling beside me. A pair of strong arms wrapped around me as I cried, and he rested his head in the crook of my neck. "Clem, what's wrong?" He whispered, swaying me back and forth as I fought to stop crying. "There's just...something happened." I confessed, turning to face him. "What?" Louis asked again, holding my hands. "I can't tell you." I shook my head. "Baby, you know you can tell me anything, don't you?" He squeezed my hands tighter, embracing me as I rested my head on his chest. It was time. "Lou...I'm pregnant." I felt him hold his breath as he pulled me away, looking me in my eyes. "Are you sure?" He said seriously. "I took a test that Violet found." I responded.

Louis sighed. Then before I could say anything, he hugged me with a force that took me down onto the bed. I looked at him in shock to see what could possibly be the biggest smile he's ever made. "Clem, that's...that's amazing!" He grinned, taking my hands and kissing me lovingly. "You're not mad?!" I asked in shock. "Why would I be mad?! Well we didn't plan for it but...Clem! We're having a kid!" He practically yelled in excitement. "That explains why you've been feeling so sick recently." He concluded, his smile still apparent in the dark. I nodded. "Clementine!" He exclaimed, gaining a confused expression. "We're gonna be parents! We're gonna have a kid!!" He got up out of the bed and picked me up quickly, spinning in a circle and kissing me. Finally I smiled back as we touched foreheads, letting my worry leave me in the celebration. I was so lucky to have him in my life, to make it okay. To be my boyfriend, and to be my child's father.

So this one I had planned for a while. Actually before all of the requests I got. Except I only got good ideas for it now lol. It's kind of a cliche for oneshots, but hey, it was really fun to write. I hope you enjoyed, and thanks for reading!!