Chapter 1.

Marriage? Me?!

[Nea POV]

I never thought I would ever be married. I am a forever single, I never have any experiences being romantically in a relationship with someone or anyone. I do have crushes on some people but they never reciprocate. My college friends called me F. A stands for forever alone.

Today is my wedding day which I have never ever expect will happen in this life, my life. Everything seems suspicious and fast. I kept on thinking that all of this is a dream.

My inner thoughts halt when someone knocks on the door. I just look at her when my little sister came in and sat on the edge of the couch.

While scrolling her Instagram she said, "Everyone's ready, how about you sis?"

I'm tight-lipped.

She stopped scrolling and looked at me in the eyes and I looked back at her while faking a smile

I don't know whether I'm ready or not, I don't even know how the groom looks like and I've never met him. Will he accept me? Will he like me? Why did he agree to this wedding? I am just confused and my thoughts are full of unanswered questions.

Just so you know, yes it's an arranged marriage. We both never knew each other nor cross paths in each other's life. A few months ago, I happened to help the groom's mum, Mrs. Meg, while I went strolling alone at XX Mall. Mrs. Meg was struggling while carrying her groceries to her car when it's drizzling but suddenly it's raging and I helped her out. Somehow since then, we both met again due to her request.

*Flashback to a few months before

One day when I was having lunch with Mrs. Meg she dropped the bomb.

"It's Saturday, instead of having lunch with me why don't you go on a date with your special someone dear?"

Mrs. Meg sudden inquiries make me choke while I was drinking my tea, and yes I love tea instead of coffee.

"My friends are all busy catching up with their lives, and I don't have any special someone at the moment so... I don't date" I awkwardly laugh.

"You don't have a boyfriend? Even someone as beautiful as you Nea?" Mrs. Meg sounded surprised

Older people tend to say I'm beautiful which I think it is mostly because of my manners with older people. Those around my age don't even glance at me, which is why I am a forever single for 20 years. I always wear jeans with t-shirt and jackets on top of them. Sneakers and spectacles are my best bud. I've been wearing spectacles since I'm 9 years old due to bad eyesight and I'm definitely not the type that wears make-up. It's definitely not appealing to boys around my age, even my college friends say that I should change how I dressed up to be appealing.

"I'm not beautiful Mrs. Meg," I said slowly while holding the cup of my tea

"You are, Nea. Maybe people do not notice but I do and I have an eye for that" Mrs. Meg holds my other hand on the table to assure me

I smile back at her without giving any replies.

A few days later Mrs. Meg asks for my mum's line number and I gave it to her without any suspicion since she has been saying she wanted to meet my mum one fine day.

Later on, my mum came to my room when I was watching Korean drama on my laptop.

"Mrs. Meg called me," Mum said when she sat at the side of my bed

"What did she say?" I ask back without looking away from the Korean drama 'Full House'.

"She proposed and asks for your hand in marriage with her son." Mum calmly said while stroking my black-brownish above waist-length hair.

"Oh, I see. W..What??!" I jumped and sit across my mum with a shocked expression

"She proposed and asked for your hand in marriage with her.." Mum tried to explain again when I cut her off and jumped out of bed

"But why? Why me? There's a lot of people in this world, even more beautiful... If it is because I helped her, she doesn't have to pay me back, not this way.." I bit the edge of my fingers while pacing back and forth in front of mum.

"She doesn't think it is like that honey, she genuinely wanted you to be her daughter in law and a family member." Mum put her hand on my shoulder stopping me from pacing back and forth.

"There are other girls, Urmm.. how about introducing Bella to Mrs. Meg, she's my older sister and she's better and even more beautiful than me. Mrs. Meg will definitely like her as much as she likes me." I hold mum's hand giving her another idea.

"She wants only you for her son, Nea" Mum smiles and walked out of my room.

"Me for her son? Me??" I'm flabbergasted and my brain cells stopped processing.

*End of Flashback

My little sister, Fay snapped her fingers in front of my face "Back to earth sis! They are calling you to the wedding hall, Come on"

She stands up and offers her hand to me while smiling "You're beautiful today sis!"

Bella came in just in time to help me walk to the wedding hall where my dad has been waiting at.

"Ready yet?" Bella offers her hands to support me while smiling "You're beautiful today Nea!"

I hold both of their hands and grasp it nervously, their hands are warm. I nervously hold their hands walking out of the waiting room towards the wedding hall.

Yes, I might as well go through this once and for all, nothing to lose. Let's get married Nea!

-----