Chapter 3.

The After Party

"Don't expect love from me," Adam said to Nea on their first day of being husband and wife.

Nea turns around to face Adam who has just become her husband, her first man ever in her 20 years of life. Both of their eyes connected and she just gets a grasp of what she has come into, she nodded "I won't."

Both of them are in the waiting room in the corner of the wedding hall after the wedding ceremony. Nea's eyes are still on her husband while Adam is walking towards the couch nearby and plop in it. She stood nearby while slightly playing with her fingers

"Why don't you sit down, it must be a pain to wear that dress," Adam said without looking at Nea.

Nea nod and walk towards the couch and silently sit on the couch across Adam. Her eyes are stealing glances at Adam, whose eyes on his phone, scrolling to nothing.

The door to the waiting room burst open to Adam's and Nea's families. All of them seem friendly like they have met for years. Adam slowly dropped his phone to look at them.

Nea's eyes gleaming towards her sisters that is walking towards her giving their big hug. "Congratulations on being a wife Nea!" Bella said and Fad nod silently. Nea's mum and dad gave her a big hug and kisses "Live your married life happily like us, okay?". Nea just silently nods and tears pooling in her eyes "I will mum and dad. We will"

Adam looks at Nea as she said those comforting words to her parents. He suddenly felt guilty that he said those words to her not long after they made their vows to each other.

He jumped a bit when his dad pats his shoulder "Now she's your responsibility, be a good husband and lead her a happy life". Adam quietly nodded.

Sara walk towards Nea as she smiles "Welcome to the family, Nea!" giving Nea one warm hug. Nea hugs Sara back and smiles "Thank you, Sara". Adam's parents came, later on, to give her another warm hug as they welcome Nea to the family.

Both of their family walks out of the waiting room after that to give the newly-wed couple time before they are back to the wedding hall for the after-party celebration. Being left alone they look at each other eyes for a moment and speaking through it. There's a silent attraction to both of them but neither spoke a word when suddenly one of the staff came in and both of them jumped out a bit "Excuse me, Mr. and Mrs. Clark, the party will start in 5 minutes" bringing them back to the reality.

"We better get going then, the guests are waiting," Adam said as he offers his hands to Nea. She looks at Adam's hands before accepting his hands and intertwines it with hers. Both of them then walk out of the waiting room accompanied by claps and congratulations from their guests.

[Nea's POV]

Walking down this hall towards our newly-wed table is so making me nervous, I saw a lot of guests coming, some of them are my family's friends and acquaintances, along with it I saw my friends, two of them, which totally got my back since like, forever. Tia, a blondie with a cute smile, she's a 5'9 the same as Mark, a Canadian boy who's energetic as fuck and he's also considered as cute (for me since I'll never see him as a manly guy). Both of them are my best bud and I always tell everything, literally anything to them as we made a no secret pact since we were 9 years old.

Both of them waved and smile brightly, being happy for me, although a month ago they literally calling me crazy one for accepting an arranged marriage proposal, on top of it I never have met the guy that I was supposed to marry.

A sudden small grasp to my hand that intertwines with the certain someone broke me off my inner thoughts. I look at his face to find his eyes trying to say something, and then I heard him asking "Are you okay?"

"Why? What's wrong?" I reply back questions instead of answering him and look around for anything that is wrong.

"Nothing. You suddenly stopped here that is wrong" He answered me instead and I look at him and where we are standing. Then I look at the table where we were supposed to be at "I did? I'm so sorry, we should get on it now" as I slowly dragged him back to his feet towards the table.

I could sense his eyes on me as we walked towards the table. As I was about to pull out the chair to sit down he's one step ahead of me and does it instead. He signals with his eyes asking me to sit down. "What's with this sudden act of gentleman" I mumble some sarcasm as I sit down and I bet he heard it although my voice was practically like a 5% volume on. "Somewhere deep down, in this depth of a man," He answered my sarcasm coolly as he sat down next to me. I rolled my eyes upon hearing that.

The MC of the party is one of Adam's friend, Noah. He's one of the smoothest MC I have known (although I've never known any mc in my social life). He leads the party as he follows the tentative of the party which Sara arranged. She planned it two weeks ago when she asked to meet me for the first time and that's when I got to know how bright and kind-hearted she is the same as Mrs. Meg.

When it's time for the welcome speech, both of us get up from our seat and walk hand in hand to the mc's side to deliver our welcome speech. Adam take the microphone from his best friend's hand as he starts his speech "Thank you our dear mc, Mr. Noah for the great mc-ing, firstly I would like to thank everyone, every single one of you our dear guest for coming to our wedding which was kind of a rush since it was planned for only two months, I wonder what my mum was thinking of."

Yeah hell, it was, how hectic it's been for these two months. I'm also wondering what does Mrs. Meg, which is my mother-in-law by now was thinking of having the wedding in two months after I said yes.

My inner thought cuts off when the guests laugh at Adam's words "No, it's not a shotgun wedding, thank you for pointing it out Mr. William. We actually are a couple which entangled in an arranged marriage"

He hesitates for a bit and then said while looking at me "We've never met each other, and now we actually are each other husband and wife for this lifetime. I've never once thought this is how I'll end up my 21 year's old life but I guess it will be better from now on." The guests that tensed up are now laughing again to Adam's words that's sounded like a joke.

I try to find his eyes to know what he meant but was struck by his smile instead as he looks at me with a loving smile that I have never seen before. I heard my own heartbeat beating fast and loud, my cheek is red with blushes although I didn't wear it much since I didn't like make-up.

He quickly looks back at the guests to finish up his welcome speech "Anyway, pray for us to have a beautiful wedding life and for us to be happy with each other". The guest claps loudly when he finished his welcome speech and both of us went back to our seat for the dinner to be served.

As he let go of my hand I thought to myself.

I must be crazy.

-----