Chapter 13.

New beginning

[Nea's POV]

Both of us walk side by side heading to our room. There's a little bit of awkwardness between us, but at least the air around us is not cold as before. I see Adam's smiling from the corner of my eyes, he seems comfortable now. Our hands brush each other as we walk, I feel a little tingle as it comes in contact. Adam slowly takes my hand, grasps it with his. Then he stops abruptly, trying to say something and I turn to face him. Waiting for his next word.

"There you are newlyweds"

Both of us jump to surprise when someone appears from the room.

"God! Lei, you gave us a scare!"

Adam put his hand on his chest, trying to calm down. I smile a bit, realize how close they are with each other.

"What did I do? It's not like you've done something bad, is it?"

Leia's looking at us with a suspicious look. Adam coughs a bit before pushing her aside.

"What? We didn't do anything. Anyway, why are you here early?"

"I come to check up on Nea, besides, none of us went home yesterday"

"What?"

"Us?"

Both me and Adam look at each other, confuse.

.

The boys sleep like a log close to each other in the guest room. Alex already awake and wash up as he gets out of the bathroom. He looks surprised to see Me and Adam, but he just calmly walks to us.

"Morning! Hey Nea, how're you feeling?"

"Good now. Thank you, Alex, right?"

Alex nods before looking at Adam, who's about to jump on top of the sleeping boys.

Adam takes a step back and jumps on top of the boys making them grunts and wakes up immediately at the sudden weights.

"What the h*** Adam!"

Noah yells trying to smack Adam, but Adam is quick to cover himself. William sits up and looks confused while Lucas trying to sleep again, even though there's a commotion nearby.

I laugh looking at them behaving like a child. Alex also smiles when he sees me laughing. Lucas looks up to see the person that laughs and he finds me. Lucas pushes Adam and Noah off the bed as he comes to me. William just shrugs at the fallen boys and walks to me.

"You're okay now Nea?"

Lucas turns me around to check up on me, making me a bit dizzy.

"Stop it, Luc. You're making her dizzy." Adam smacks Lucas's head and pulls me back to his side.

"Sorry, Nea. It's just that we're worried about you."

"You did?"

All of them nods and that makes my heart warm and fuzzy.

They are all nice people.

"Thank you and sorry for troubling you guys"

"No biggie! You're one of us now anyway since you're officially this dude's wife!"

Lucas put his hand on Adam's shoulder, but Adam shoves it off.

"Hey! I still haven't forgotten that you jump on us, Adam. You're so going to get it, Will, Noah!"

I look at them as they wrestle each other and laughing. They look so close to each other and it reminds me of Bella, Fay, Mark, and Tia. We are also close to each other, joking and teasing like them.

Now I miss them.

Alex pats me on the shoulder asking me if I'm okay with his eyes. I nod and smile assure him that I'm okay. I gesture towards the boys and if he didn't want to join them. He just shakes his head and smiles.

Leia and Sara come into the room, saw the boys' acts and shakes their head at the same time. Leia comes to me and drags me outside towards the living room.

"They are lively"

I said as she makes me sit on the couch next to her. She slowly takes out the drips from me and does a simple check up on me. Sara comes later and takes a seat beside me.

"They've been together since kindergarten. They never changed though, sometimes it's annoying"

Leia makes an annoyed face, making me and Sara burst out laughing.

"I heard from Lei that both of you walk side by side and smiling to each other from the corridor in a blanket this morning. What happen?"

Sara asks me with her beautiful brown eyes, staring at me.

"We were just talking"

"Just talking?"

It's Leia's turns to stare at me with her emerald blue eyes.

"Yy...yeah"

"Stop scaring her for god's sake"

Adam's sudden outburst makes them look at him. All of the boys are following from behind.

"We're only asking...Don't be so protective brother"

Sara pouts and crosses her arm. Adam flicks her forehead slowly as he takes a seat next to her.

"I'm not. You guys are staring at her like she's your food."

Leia's shrugs, and put her hands on mine.

"We're not scary Nea, it's just that there's a new girl in this group aside from us and we liked you so we're trying to be close to you"

Leia's smile looks so sweet, no wonder Alex falls for her despite her rough acts.

"I'm not. I just get nervous easily. Thank you, I would like to be friends and close to you guys too"

"And we will! Adam won't be an obstacle to it. Exclamation points."

Sara replies excitedly making me smile.

Gosh, they are all so kind and nice to me. I couldn't ask for more.

I look at all of them before saying another thank you and they all laugh for my awkwardness.

"I'm hungry! What's for breakfast?"

Noah rubs his stomach indicates him hungry.

"The maids are given a holiday since mum is not here. We probably should dine out"

Sara says as she looks at Noah.

"Then, let's have breakfast at Sam's."

All of them nods and I follow suit.

"We can also have a day out, like a bowling or something today"

Lucas gives out some idea, Leia shrugs it off since I'm still not healthy yet.

"It's okay, I can at least get some fresh air"

"Are you sure?"

Adam looks at me to make sure I'm okay and I nod and smile softly. Noah claps twice as he gets up.

"Okay then, let's meet up at 10!"

-----