Chapter 33.

Girlfriends

[Nea's POV]

It's already Friday and my last class of the day ended. I recalled two days ago, Adam and I had our first fight, or is it not. But he's upset because I avoided him on purpose. I know I'm an open book, people can read me easily. I am not a good liar, but I'm a great introvert. I have been hiding my feelings since high school and I am good at it. But now, I don't know how did I change and I begin to show my feelings slowly, I wonder if it's a good thing.

That day, we ended up making up with each other, although I managed not to tell him my thoughts. I don't want to burden Adam with my troublesome thoughts, once is enough.

My phone vibrates and I look at the text. I literally squeal and run back to my dorm quickly to open my laptop. Kris looks at me dumbfounded, but I can't say anything as I am excited. I turn on my laptop and then I sign on my Skype, a second after a video called was made and I accept it fast.

"Hey, girl! Ssup!" The girl in the other line started and then there's a boy interrupting, "Ssup Girl!"

"Tia! Mark!" I began to yell, but I can feel my tears started to pool and both of them laughs as they said in unison, "Nea!"

I brush my fallen tears, "God, I miss you guys."

"We miss you too," Tia said and Mark nods.

"Wait, how come you guys are in the same place?" I said in an annoyed tone.

"Well, Mark had a student exchange program here at my University," Tia said convincing me.

"Really? Wow, I'm jealous." I said slowly.

"You can also do it you know. I heard you're in BU, there's also a student exchange program at my University you know Nea." Tia said giving me an idea.

"Yeah, there is, you don't know?" Kris suddenly said and I look at her disbelieving, "How did you know?"

"Well, It's my habit to look at the bulletin board every day," Kris said while organizing her bag.

"Who's there Nea?" Mark said and I knock my head, another habit of mine, "Sorry I forgot to introduce you guys, wait a minute ok."

I drag Kris involuntarily to my table and I put her in my webcam range, "Guys, meet Kris my roommate and Kris this is my best childhood friends, Mark and Tia!"

Kris said hey and then they all clicked right away like how I and Kris are on the first day. After that, I've been feeding them how I have been since the wedding day and till now. I also catch up a lot of their well being and Tia already got her boyfriend in the same University, I figured much because she's so beautiful. 

I didn't notice time flies as I was skyping with them both. After hours of talking they ended up because of the time zone and they have things to do. I looked at the time it's already 9.30 and I look outside of the window, the sun already set and dark sky takes over.

I take my phone to listen to music and I'm surprised there are many texts and missed calls from Adam.

God, I forgot I put it on silent.

I called Adam back and it only rang once for him to pick up, "Where have you been?"

"Sorry. Mark and Tia called me on Skype and I just got overwhelmed and forgot the time. I have been missing them all this while. So? Sorry?" I said slowly.

"Nah, it's okay. I understand, I just got worried since you didn't reply or answer my call. I almost run to your dorm to check up on you." Adam said and I sense his voice calms down as I heard a key sound being put away.

"You're getting a bit protective, do you realize it?" I said playfully.

"So? You're my wife. I need to protect you." Adam said assuringly.

"Yeah, yeah, Mr. Husband, I know. Thank you, muahh." 

"Arghh.." Adam sounded in pain and I get panics.

"Why? What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Nea your.. your kiss got me." He said as he giggles.

"You! Don't scare me like that!" I yell, but deep down I feel relief.

Adam is still laughing and I like his laugh, like a lot. We talk to each other every night until I fall asleep when I'm in the dorm. It becomes a habit for me and I don't mind it actually. Today is just like every day, we talk even though there's no topic, but we manage to talk to anything as long as we're talking to each other.

-----

It's Saturday and I'm dragging Kris for a breakfast session with Adam and the others. They all greet and meet with each other and I got another surprise as I see Leia with the group. We had a girl hug in the middle of the restaurant. The guys just smile and ask us to keep it down a little.

Sara then asks me to join them at a party tonight, which is not my thing and I give many excuses, but she kept on insisting because I've never been to a party before, never. All of them give me assurance as they are all going to be there including Kris.

Here we are in Sara's apartment as they are trying to find a nice dress for me and Kris. We spent the entire evening getting ready and also talking. Leia already got her input about me and Adam as she talks and gives advice to me since she grew up with him. Lizzy is also back from her meeting with her parents and is now listening to what Leia told me.

I have a great girl's day, getting dressed and makeup session with them. I didn't know how my circles got bigger but I 'm not feeling uncomfortable by them anymore. I feel like I've known them for a long time already as we laugh and spending time together. Deep down I feel scared, scared that I will lose them.

-----

The boys are waiting for us downstairs and I walk slowly to them as I am wearing black skinny jeans, a white off-shoulder top and a long necklace to match it up with my outfit while my wedding ring necklace is still there because I didn't want to take it off. 

As soon as we get downstairs the boys clapped their hands and say bravo to the girls. I look at the boys and I saw each of their eyes are on a specific person. Alex is looking at Leia lovingly as always. Lucas is smiling while Sara is showing off her outfit to him. William is blinking with no expression as Lizzy gets close to him and she looks nervous around him, okay, I didn't see this coming while Noah is practically blinking his eyes fast as he looks at Kris who's on my side while she didn't bother looking at him.

This is getting interesting.

I'm busy looking at the others that I didn't see Adam standing in front of me, "Hey baby wifey. You look beautiful tonight." Adam whispers to my ears and I shiver to his closeness but I shrug him off quickly.

"Only tonight?" I ask and he makes a surprised face, "No! Of course not." He brushes it off and laughs awkwardly.

"Yeah right, baby hubby." I said back, but he grins, "I like what you call me. Do it again."

"Nu-uh, no way. I'm only saying it once and for all." I push him aside and he chuckles as I climb into his car and sit on the back seat.

He looks at me confused, "Why are you at the back?" 

"I'm sitting with Kris of course," I said as I look at both of them.

"I'll be okay, just sit in front Nea," Kris said as she sits at the back and pushes me to the front seat. I look back, Noah is already sitting next to her as he smiles at her.

Well, at least he's not ogling  Kris, otherwise, I'll smack him.

William suddenly gets inside of Adam's car as he pushes Kris to the middle seat. I can see Kris' eyes widen to the sudden contact with William and I see their eyes connected a few seconds before Kris turns away and blushing. My eyes also widen at Kris blush and I blink a few times.

"The other car is packed," William said as he looks outside and Adam just nods and drives away to the party located in a housing area located a bit far from the University.

-----