Chapter 58.

Wonderful News

[Nea's POV]

It's been almost three months since the trip, and I'm back at BU for my studies which have only a year left while Adam is waiting for his graduation to take place. I am now in the apartment that the boys used to live and sometimes they do crash here when they have a business in Boston. Adam wanted me to live here with Kris since we're both are not staying in the dorm anymore.

"Nea?" Kris popped her head at my door and she smiles, "Will and I are going to grab lunch. Do you want to tag along?"

I shake my head and smile back, "No. I don't want to be the third wheel and I hate tagging along a dating couple."

"Hey! Will obviously won't do that to you, and neither do I." Kris pouted as she stands in front of me.

I chuckled, "I know, I'm joking." Kris rolled her eyes as she sits on my bed, "Are you sure? Won't you be hungry?"

"I'll make something up in the kitchen if I'm hungry. So go now, don't make William wait for you." I push Kris away and she just smiles while grabbing her coat and bag, "Anything just calls me or Will, okay?"

I nodded as she closes the door and I go back to my room. Adam is currently in New York with Alex as they have a business meeting with one of their future clients. He's been gone for 2 days and today marks 3 days of him being away. 

We rarely have a long time away from each other since the day we got back together. Usually, he would spend his time together with me and he even stayed in Boston with me whenever I have a class. 

I don't know why I've been clingy lately and I almost cry when he's about to go to New York a few days ago. I don't want to admit it, but I'm like a hormonal teenager infatuated with her lover.

I walk to the kitchen when I finally stop mopping around and began to feel hungry. I look inside of the fridge and I take out three eggs. I whipped it and make scrambled eggs while also taking out bread to the island.

I make a cup of tea that Leia and Alex gave as a souvenir from Paris a while ago. I was munching my food when I heard my phone ringing and I quickly get off the stool and go straight to my room.

I feel a bit light-headed as I stopped in front of my room and I saw a blurry view. My phone is ringing for a few times as I slowly try to get to my room. But it was a hopeless effort when my view turns black and I fell unconscious in front of my room while my phone is still ringing loudly.

-----

I open my eyes and I see a white ceiling in my view. I look around and there's a white wire which is connected to my arms and I saw the IV drip bag hanged above my head.

I'm in the hospital.

I look around and there no one in the room at the moment except for me. I pull myself up and I try to get off of the bed when the door open comes into view is William and Kris. William runs to my side as he holds my shoulder to support me and Kris comes in second in front of me.

"Why are you off the bed?" William asks and I just shake my head.

"I want to go back home, Adam will be worried if he knows I'm here."

"Adam already knows about this and he's on his way here with Alex."

"What? Why did you guys tell him? He's working, I shouldn't make him worried." I try to push William away, but he didn't budge and he carries me back to the bed.

"He's the one that calls us asking for you when you didn't pick up your phone and we hurried back to the apartment only to find you lying unconscious in front of your room. You gave us a heart attack Nea!" William said and I look at him apologetically.

"I disturb your date, didn't I? I'm sorry."

"What? How could you think about that? I couldn't think of any worse scenario if anything happens to you when I'm on a date with Kris and left you behind. There's no next time and I'll be dragging you instead of leaving you alone again."

I turn to look at Kris and she just smiles at me with an expression 'serve you right' and I rolled my eyes at her. The doctor came in a few seconds later and she checks up on my condition while William and Kris are out of the room.

"Is there something wrong with me doctor?"

"No, you're in a good condition actually, it's just that you are tired and a bit malnourished, you've to eat a lot although it's hard because of your first trimester."

What?

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch you... What trimester?"

"First trimester. Congratulations, you're pregnant Mrs. Clark." 

I'm pregnant? Seriously?!

My eyes widen and I look at my still flat stomach, "I didn't notice, I..I'm surprised."

"That's normal since this is your first pregnancy and you probably didn't have any morning sickness for you to notice.." Doctor Melrose looks at me expectantly and I shake my head to her question and she continues, "I thought so, every person experiences different types of symptoms and in your case you're malnourished and that means you have to eat a lot of food. I'll prescribe you vitamins for your pregnancy and if there's anything, you are welcome to consult with me since I'll be your doctor from now on."

"Thank you, doctor, and can I go home now?" Doctor Melrose smiles, "Yes, you can, and do get what I prescribe for you at the counter before you go home." I nodded and watch Doctor Melrose walk out of the room.

Kris and William walk in a second later, "What did she say? Is there any problem?"

"Nope, she just said I'm tired and I need to eat to regain my energy." I said as I look at Kris and William that let out a sigh of relief, "And she also said I can go back home. Will, can you help me with the process?"

William nodded as he goes out of the room while Kris is in the room with me and later we went back to the apartment. I look outside of the car window as I put a hand to my stomach, I can't stop smiling as I am thinking of a way to tell Adam about this news.

-----