Chapter 5.

Aftermath

[Nea POV]

I yawn and stretched out a bit as I went out of the airport. It's been 3 days and 2 nights, wait! I should rephrase it, it has been one hell of a boring 3 days and 2 nights honeymoon trip ever. He has been doing his own thing which is playing games, watching movies or swimming his heart out.

We rarely got out of the villa, although it's a Soneva Jani's water villa! Damn! It's beautiful, I do dreams of coming to this kind of place, but never thought I would be bored instead. At the very least he could swim to release his stress or boring, while I couldn't since I don't know how to swim, I've never learned on that. Luckily, my sister and Tia put some books for me to read if I had some free time. Yeah, I have lots of free time. Thanks to certain someone.

He made me wonder, I thought we were on a great term for a bit after he said those don't expect love from me thingy. I thought at least he will be trying to be good ad I will too. I mean we are supposed to be getting to know each other now that we are married, aren't we? Isn't that's why we are in an arranged marriage? Correct me if I'm wrong, but he looks like he was forced to do so. I have this one thing called guts, which have never been false, since like, ever and this is what my guts tell me.

He taps on my shoulder and gives me a look to a car across the road. The car that was sent to pick us up has arrived and both of us get to it. As the car moves past the airport and to Adam's house, I occasionally try to have a conversation with him since he didn't want to when we are in Maldives.

"Happy to be back?" I smile a little to him as I look at him.

"Yeah." He replies back without looking back at me.

Great!

"Look I just wanted us to be on great.. at least on good terms since we are married and.." I cut off my words when he suddenly turns to me.

"Listen, I meant what I said back there in the waiting room. Don't expect love from me because I can't give it to you since I have only one heart and I.." Adam sternly talks back and I felt like I couldn't handle it anymore so I help my right hand up to make him stop.

"I didn't. I won't expect anything from you. I only wanted to be at least on good terms with you since we will be living together and all but I can't force you so... just stop" I said as I turn back to the window on my side.

He continues on talking "I didn't want to be on good terms with you. I actually was forced to marry you although I have someone else I want to marry"

That's when I felt everything is crushed, even before it started. I felt like I'm the top loser in this universe. Like it's been 20 years of living and no one ever came to say he liked me and now even my husband didn't like me. Wow, like how deep can I falls.

"Really? I thought so since you said those things in the waiting room before. No worries, I won't push you any further." I fake a laugh while talking back to him.

I look at the side mirror in front and I saw the driver was looking at me with a pitying look

Now, I look like a loser.

[Adam POV]

I finally blurted out what I've been keeping inside, it's like I've been taking it out on her. It's like I'm blaming it on her although it's not her fault. Even if she didn't accept the proposal, I bet my mum would find another girl for me to marry.

I try to find her eyes, to make sure of what she said that she understands me and she won't push any further. She won't even look at me, and somehow the same guilty feeling, when we are in the waiting room, came across. We didn't say another word to each other as the car brought us back home.

When we arrived, Mum, Dad, and Sara are already waiting for us. As soon as Nea get out of the car, they welcome her to our house, which will be her house from now on. Mum literally kiss her cheek and hug her warmly as she asked her about the trip.

She replies back to Mum and Sara as she smiles warmly at them. I didn't notice that Dad was standing next to me as he looks at my point of view.

"She's cute and beautiful huh?" Dad asks me suddenly putting me off of my trance.

"Yeah.. what? Dad." I nudge him a little on his side.

"How's the trip?" Dad asks with a serious face.

"Honestly, nothing" I reply back and get some of the bags out of the car before the maids come and take it inside.

"Looks like I won't be hearing any good news for a while," Dad says as he hums inside the house.

I bit my lips a bit, and ruffle my hair as the guilty feeling getting bigger by the time.

When I walk inside the house, I saw Mum and Dad on the couch conversing with each other. "Mum, where's Nea?"

"She's in your room, unpacking" Dad answered me instead as Mum didn't even want to look at me, I figured Dad told her everything since they didn't have any secret with each other.

I smile at dad and walk upstairs towards my room. Upon arriving in front of my room I saw Sara was talking and laughing with Nea as she helps her unpacking. When Sara notices me at the door, she smiles and went to hug me "Adam! I've missed you."

"It's been only 3 days, you've been on long before but you've never seemed to acknowledge it before. Why now?" I shoot her a questionable look.

"What I can't even admit that I missed my brother? For god's sake, Nea this is how insensitive your husband is." Sara throws her arms up on my shoulder and yanks me down.

I saw Nea's smiles a bit and her eyes seem sad "I know." She continues to unpack and Sara notices the tenses rising between us as she takes a step back "I should head down to Mum and Dad now. Mum literally searching for me"

Lies. My family aside from me are all quick to sense when something is up. I was always the one not being able to, my friends also called me dense.

I sat down on the bed as I look at Nea as she finishes unpacks "So little. This is are all your things?"

She looks at me eye to eye. Somehow her eyes seem tired.

"Yeah, I didn't own much. We always share our belongings since our age and size are close to each other. I couldn't take it from them anyway." She casually replies as she sat on the edge of the bed.

So she's close to her sisters.

"Where am I supposed to sleep tonight?" She asked me with a stoic tone.

Is she mad? High probability, who wouldn't? I made it clear that I didn't want to have anything to do with her when I said those things.

"You can sleep on this bed, it's yours too" I reply back as I saw she stand up.

"No, you literally said that you didn't want to be on good terms with me so I don't think we should share anything in the first place" She put her hands on her hips making me nervous.

"I don't want to feel hopeful, to begin with, and again." She said softly almost sounded like a whisper but I heard all of it as she walks out of the room and closes the door.

What have I done?

-----