Chapter 49.

Thank you @sribabydivya for the votes ^^

Embrace Each Other

[Adam POV]

She's getting wilder with only a year apart. She even uses curse words now, which took me by surprise, completely. I was too dazed to hear Nea curse that I didn't realize she scoots away slowly. When she scrambled out of the restaurant, I quickly snapped to reality.

"Damn! Nea!" I run after her as she's about to run away. She's fast, although she's shorter than me, still, she couldn't outrun me. I catch up to her in a few minutes and I pull her back to me. When words can't stop her, I put her on my shoulder so that she couldn't run anymore. She begs and pleads for me to let her down, but I just can't afford to lose her again.

No, Not anymore.

I drive fast, back to the apartment and she pouts all the way back, not even replying to the boys' questions. She got out of the car before I could open the car's door for her and she walks up to the apartment quickly.

Why is she angry? I'm the one who should be angry.

Noah opens up the door and Nea walks inside quickly as she plops down to the couch. All of us are looking at her, I can also say that I'm getting nervous about what we're about to say to each other.

What if she doesn't want me back? What if she wants to end our relationship? What if...What if...

I jump in surprise when Lucas pats me on the back and usher me to go and talk to Nea. The boys walk away and get inside of their own room to give us some privacy, while I walk towards Nea. I plop on the couch next to her, but I give us some space from each other.

She glances at me and she bit her lip, probably wanted to say something, but she didn't utter any word. Both of us are quiet for a while, I'm trying to find the right words and my brain is overloaded by now by the unspoken words.

"How are you?" She asks and I whipped my head to her, surprise.

"Good..No, Not good actually. It's been a hellish year." I said and I can see she looked down at her hand quickly, I know she feels guilty.

"I'm...Sorry." Nea said slowly without looking at me.

"No, I should be the one apologizing, not you," I reply slowly, hoping she will look up. I want to see her face, her smile, her eyes, which I miss so much.

She shakes her head, "I hurt you. I..I.." Her voice starts to crack and I quickly get on my knees in front of her. I shake my head and pull her chin up, making eye contact between us.

Her eyes turn glassy with her tears and I quickly pull her in my arms as I hug her softly. She snuggles into the crook of my neck and I shiver to her touch.

God! I miss her so much!

"I hurt you too, although it's actually a misunderstanding. I'm not getting back with Emily, she's just visiting me that day and it's just that the situation is a..." I try to explain, but my voice cracks just by remembering the saddest day of my life.

"I know. Bella told me, Fay scolded me. Mum and Dad literally not talking to me, for leaving just like that. I hurt you so much Adam, but just so you know, if it makes you feel better or not... I'm having a hellish year for making a rash decision too." Nea said slowly and I pull her away to look at her face, but not breaking the hug.

She smiles softly and nods, "I had trouble sleeping and I can't concentrate for a month after that. Luckily, Tia and Mark are there for me, they are literally dragging me everywhere, to eat, to sleep, to studies and et Cetra."

Unconsciously I smile and I hug her back, this time she wrapped her arms around me, making our body closer. "I miss you, too." Nea says and I chuckle, "Then don't leave me again."

"I'll not, I can't even if I wanted to, because I can't imagine my life without you anymore." Nea sincerely said and I can feel my heart squished.

"Me too baby, me too." I kiss her temple in one motion and snuggles to her neck this time, making her shivers by my touch.

She rested her head on my shoulder and we are actually hugging each other for a long time, relishing the missing touch and presence of each other. The boys get out when they heard silence from the living room.

"Are you guys...okay?" Alex asks worriedly.

"Yes, we are. Although we still need to talk for a lot of things that happens those one year long." I said slowly, but my head is wondering why is Nea not moving at all.

Why is she not responding to anything?

Lucas, Noah, and Alex move closer to us and their eyes glisten in amusement before backing away, making me raise my eyebrows in confusion.

"You might want to continue the conversation the other day, bro. She's totally out of it." Lucas said in between his silent laugh.

"She's asleep, Adam. Take her to your room. She's probably tired and jet-lagged." Alex said as he sits on the edge of the couch.

Asleep? Like this?

I nod as I try to hold laughter and try to put her leg on me as I stand up. The boys take a step to help me stand up with her straddling me. Luckily I'm built up, or else I might need their help to hold her right now.

I walk towards my room and then I put her slowly on the bed, trying hard not to wake her up. I pull out her shoes and spectacles away. I sit on the edge of the bed and I push away some of her hair that covers her face.

Alex, Noah, and Lucas are standing behind me. Alex comes up and pats me on the shoulder.

"It feels like a dream, Alex. And if it is, I don't want to wake up from it because I'm afraid she'll not be here when I wake up," I said slowly as I grip her hand with mine.

"No, it's not a dream, Adam. Besides, we won't just let it happen again. Both of you suffered enough, so stop being stubborn and be there for each other. We'll be there for you both too." Alex assures me and I smile gratefully at them before they went back to their own room.

I lay next to her and pull her close to me. She snuggles closer and I could only smile looking at her sleeping face. I kiss her forehead slowly, and then her eyes, her cheek and lastly I kiss her lips for a second before I pull out and fall asleep with her in my arms. Both of us had a deep and peaceful sleep throughout the night.

-----