Chapter 35.

Black World

[Adam's POV]

I'm not feeling good today, It's like I'm not at peace and I don't know why. I put a hand on my heart and there's discomfort. Alex pats my shoulder as he looks at me, "What's wrong?"

"I don't feel good. Maybe I'm tired." I say as I sigh.

Alex talks to Garret, the house owner, and he nods, "Let's get rest upstairs."

"No, I can't leave Nea alone. I'll go and find her." I say as I try to walk but Alex stopped me.

"Leia and Sara are with her right now. No need to worry and you need to rest for a while."Alex assures me and he drags me to the stairs.

I saw a glimpse of Nea on the dance floor with Sara and Leia, she smiles brightly and I also smile. Alex stayed with me in one of the rooms as I take a nap. All of a sudden the door burst open and I saw Sharlene in front of it. Alex asks her to get out and that I need a rest but she insists on talking to me, she looks drunk to me.

"It's okay Alex, let her in." I sit on the edge of the bed as Sharlene struts to me. She stands shakily in front of me.

"Talk," I say in a cold voice, I didn't forgive her for what she had said the other day.

"Can you give us some space?" Sharlene says to Alex but Alex just looks at her silently.

"No, he stays. So talk or get out." I coldly answer as I walk to the balcony.

Sharlene follow me to it, "Are you mad at me?"

I scoff, "Why would I? You're no one to me."

"So she is someone for you? That bit**" Sharlene snaps.

"I won't tolerate you talk about what's mine like that." I stare her eyes coldly.

"Yours?" Sharlene asks and I can see she's fuming.

I nod, "And I'm hers." 

"What do you see in her? I'm much more beautiful and more than anything. Why can't you see me?" Sharlene steps forward and I put a hand to stop her.

"Don't. I've never thought of you as more than an acquaintance, I didn't ask you to like me either. SorrySharr, but just leave us alone." I say as I look at the poolside.

Wait, is that Nea and Luke? Why are they together?

"Alex, call Lei asks her.." I continue to stare at Nea and she's looking up.

Sharlene turns me around as she put her hand on my shoulder, but push her hand off me.

Damn, this woman, Nea's looking here.

I try to turn to look at her but this time Sharlene take an extreme step, she put her hands on my shoulder as she leans in to kiss me. My eyes widen and I put a hand between our faces quickly. Alex pulled her to the back fast and rough, she stumbles and falls to the floor.

"How dare you?!" Alex is fuming and I turn around quickly to look at Nea but she's not there, Luke is also not there.

Sharlene is trying to say something, but Alex is angry and I stop him as I say, "Nea saw us."

Alex's eyes widen and both of us run downstairs quickly to find Nea. I look around, but the crowds are not helping, I found Sara and Leia frantically looking around.

"Where's Nea?" I yell so that they can hear me.

"We lost her. Lizzy and Kris are looking for her outside." Leia says as she looks at me and Alex pats her back. They are saying something, but my mind blocks all of it as I'm trying my hardest to find Nea in the crowds.

Come on baby, where are you?

My body shook as William runs to me and he's panic.

"Nea... Nea.." William tries to say something while pointing outside.

I can't say anything as I run quickly outside and I found a crowd of people gathering around near the pool. Noah pushes through to make way for me, and my heart stopped seeing Nea's body lying and she's unconscious.

Sara and Leia gasp as they both put a hand to their mouth. Alex, William, and Noah stand behind me. Lucas is next to Luke who's trying his hardest to wake Nea up.

"Goddammit, Aryn, please. Please." Luke pumps her chest a few times.

I feel my knees weaken as I fall to my knee next to her, "Babe, baby, hey, Ple...Please wake up."

Luke gives me a stare and then Garret comes to inform an ambulance is on its way. A few minutes later, the medical officer checks her and put her on the stretcher towards the ambulance.

"We need her guardian to come to the hospital with us." The medical officer says and Luke pushes me to the side as he says, "I'll go."

I was fuming, but I can't say anything since I'm the reason she's unconscious. Lucas stepped in and pushes Luke away, "Thanks dude, but he's her husband and her legal guardian unless you forget" 

William pushes me to the ambulance as I step in and hold her hand desperately as I mutter nonstop, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

-----

Nea is taken to the emergency room while I wait outside silently because I almost made a scene when we arrive in the ER just now. All of our friends arrive a bit later as they come towards me asking her condition, but I can't say anything except for a sigh.

Not long after, a doctor comes out and I stand in front of her, "Is she okay? How is she?"

The doctor smile, "She stable now. She's unconscious for lacking oxygen, but we've pumped out all of the water she swallows and now she's resting. No need to worry now."

My legs gave in as I fall to the floor and tears fall down as I shut my eyes in relief. Sara and Leia hug me as they say they're sorry many times. Luke comes in running a few seconds after.

"How is she? Someone tell me!" Luke eyes each one of us and Alex tells her condition and he sighs in relief.

Luke stride towards me and he holds me by the collar, "How could you leave her alone??! She.. she's not a party person so why did you drag her there?" The boys and Garret who comes with Luke trying to break us apart while I stand there silently.

"She's not a fan of crowded places and she can't swim! You should've not left her in the first place! She's your wife for god sake!" Luke stabs me with his word and Garret is shocked to hear this news.

Ahh, no wonder she didn't even swim when we're at the Maldives. How can I not know this?

Luke tries to say something again, but William stops him, "Luke, We know you care about Nea, we're too. But open your goddamn eyes, Adam's is not okay right now! Nea's condition is affecting him too for god sake!"

Luke stops and he looks at me silently and then he strides away, Garret follows Luke as he pats me on my shoulder. I feel my heart and head are getting heavier as I blink and I feel the world is spinning at the moment. All I could hear at the moment is Sara and Leia screaming my name and my body falls to the floor with a thud. My world turns completely black.

Nea...

-----