Chapter 20.

Happy Thoughts

[Nea's POV]

It's 6.30 in the morning, I sit up in the bed quietly trying not to wake up Adam who's right next to me. Yesterday's dinner went well and I've never felt happy being around with more than 5 people in my life. I tend to keep my circle small enough so that I won't feel any painful experiences. All of the memories from dinner yesterday I kept it in my heart. Their laughter, smiles, and bonds make my heart warm just by looking at them and somehow I'm grateful that I'm now an addition to their circle.

I tilt my head to see Adam's sleeping face, he scrunches his nose a bit as he's sleeping soundly. I chuckle silently, not wanting to wake him up. I slowly get out of the bed and went straight to the bathroom, tiptoeing.

I tied my hair up in a bun so that I can brush my teeth and wash up properly. Done washing up, I get out of the bathroom only to find Adam sitting on the bed looking at me, his eyes struggling to open.

"Good Morning!" I say cheerfully as I go straight to the dressing room, choosing my outfit for today (Although I only have T-shirts and jeans to wear).

"Good Morning to you too," Adam says with a yawn.

He's out of the bed and walks straight to the bathroom, washing up. Done washing up, he wears his Nike attire and Nike sport shoes.

"Exercise?" I say as I hold my L size black T-shirt and white jeans while sitting on the bed.

"Running to be exact. Care to join me?"

"I'm not the sporty type. I'm far away to be fit."

Adam chuckles "You can cycle while I run"

"I'd rather wait for you here instead. But, one fine day, I'll join you."

"It's a promise then. One fine day." Adam looks me straight in the eye.

Damn his eyes are beautiful.

I held my pinky fingers up as in 'I promise', Adam quickly links his pinky to mine to seal the promise. Both of us smile before he takes off to run while listening to his wireless beats. I quickly go to to take a warm bath, bringing my phone and clothes together. I put my phone on the clean counter as I turn on the music from my Spotify.

🎵Polaroid - Jonas Blue, Liam Payne & Lennon Stella

I get ready to start the day while singing and dancing to the song. I walk out of the bathroom to find my spectacles also singing and dancing my way there. I put it on as soon as I found it and to my luck, Adam is staring at me from the door, sweaty and panting.

Shit! How long has he been there? Did he see everything?

I gulp down air, due to nervousness. The same goes for him.

"You're back?!" I say but my voice cracks a bit since I'm nervous. Adam nods silently, avoiding my eye. Somehow, he seems like holding his laughter.

"You..You saw everything??"

Adam shakes his head, but I know it's a lie since he started to smile. I rolled my eyes, annoyed a bit. He walks past me towards the bathroom, but he stops midway whispering to me, "Nice dance by the way."

Adam closes the bathroom door before I could respond. I put both of my hands to my face as a blush crept to my face.

Oh my god, he saw!

I try to regain my composure back as I sit on the bed, tying my hair up in a messy bun and fix my spectacles. I open up a book, titled 'Finding Audrey' by Sophie Kinsella as I sit comfortably on the bed. Adam went out of the bathroom a few moments after almost 15 minutes.

"What are you reading?"

"Just a book that I didnt.."

My jaw dropped when I look at his naked upper body showing his 6 pax abs as he wrapped a towel to his waist and lower. My eyes blink a few times nervously, but I still didn't take away my eyes from him.

"What?" Adam asks suddenly making me out of my daze.

"What, what?"

"You didn't finish your sentence"

"What sentence?"

At that time Adam knows what makes me nervous as he smiles at me, "Anything to say Nea?"

I notice his naughty smile as I shake my head profusely and jumps out of the bed with my book and phone in my hand.

"I'll wait for you downstairs!" I say as I close the door fast enough but I can see Adam laughing.

-----

Breakfast is ready in the kitchen when I arrived. There's a toast, scrambled eggs, and pancakes on the kitchen island. Mrs. Clark greets me with a smile and a kiss on the cheek.

"Good morning, honey. Where's Adam?"

"Getting ready, probably"

If he stopped laughing.

"How are you? I heard from Sara that you got sick. I'm sorry I'm not here at that time."

"No, it's okay ermm... Mrs. Clark, I'm better now. They all take good care of me"

"You can call me Meg, or even better Mum." Mrs. Clark smiles warmly as I nod slowly.

"Okay,...Mum."

Mrs. Clark smiles as she pours me coffee, which I hesitantly take since I don't want to be rude. She looks at me hoping I take a sip of it. As I am about to take a sip, Adam snatches the cup away from me. I look at him, wide eye at his action.

"You don't drink coffee." He says gently as he takes a sip.

He remembers.

"You don't? Oh, I'm sorry for my ignorant Nea." Mrs. Clark apologizes a few times.

"No, it's okay... Mum."

I can see Adam glances at me when he heard me calling Mrs. Clark, Mum. He smiles softly and he pours tea and put it in front of me. As we both silently eating breakfast, Mrs. Clark asks us.

"What are both of you plan for today?"

"I don't have any..." I try to answer when Adam cuts me off.

"We're going out."

I whip my head at him, "We are?"

"Yeah, we're going to your house?"

"My house?"

Adam nods, continue to eat. I excitedly pat him in the shoulder "Really? For real??"

Adam chuckles "Yeah for real."

"Thank you so so so much!" I quickly plant a kiss on his cheek and went upstairs excitedly.

I'm coming home!

-----