Chapter 25.

Thank you @purple053 for the votes :)

-----
The start of a journey

Mrs. Clark knocks on the door of Adam and Nea's room. A few seconds later, Nea opens the door and she smiles at her mother-in-law.

"Mum, come in." Nea walks back to the dressing room and Mrs. Clark follows her from behind.

"Done packing?" Mrs. Clark sits on the chair of the vanity desk.

"Done. I don't really have many things to pack up Mum." Nea smiles while sitting on the floor facing Mrs. Clark.

Mrs. Clark stands up only to sit in front of Nea on the floor. She holds both of Nea's hands in hers. Nea looks at Mrs. Clark, confused.

"I want to thank you for agreeing to this marriage. I'm also sorry because of what Adam had said before that's hurting you Nea. Everything is my fault, not both of you."

"What are you saying, mum. Everything happens for a reason. Besides Adam and I made peace already... And We also decided to get to know each other and also go through this marriage, step by step."

Mrs. Clark cries as she hugs Nea, "Thank you. Thank you so much for accepting Adam. I know my son, he can be a jerk and a mess, but he has a kind heart. He might be slow about this, but he'll open up to you later. I am glad I met you, honey. You are a gift to us, The Clark."

Nea smiles and pats Mrs. Clark on the back, softly. "No, you guys are the gifts actually, to me. I couldn't ask for more."

Adam comes in a bit later, founds Nea and Mrs. Clark hugging and with tears pooling in their eyes.

"What happened? Did I miss something?" Adam looks puzzled.

Both Nea and Mrs. Clark laughs a bit, remembering their moments just now. Adam shakes his head as he headed towards the bathroom saying, "Women."

-----

Adam and Nea relaxing in the theater room, watching "Princess Diaries". Nea has a bowl of popcorn in her hands, Adam lays on his back while looking at Nea. 

"Are you sure you wanted to stay in the dorm? I mean I could rent us a house near the university."

Nea turns her focus to Adam, "You're living with the boys, how can I snatch you from them? Besides, I could actually try living in the dorm."

"Firstly, I have classes with those boys and we will be meeting a lot actually, so there's no such thing as you snatch me from them or whatsoever. Second, do you really, really want to try living in the dorm?" Adam straightens his posture as he is now facing Nea while he grasps her hand.

Nea nods a few times, "I wanted to. And if later I want to live outside, I will tell you."

"You better tell me then." Adam pinch Nea's nose playfully making her smiles and they both stare into each other's eye.

"You guys are cheesy!" Noah comes in, followed by Lucas, Sara, William, Alex, and Leia.

"Jealous much?" Lucas throws a cushion towards Noah making him grunts.

"I'll meet my other half soon." Noah sits next to William but was pushed hard on the floor, William replies "Or later."

All of them laugh, but Noah just shrugs it off. Noah focused on the screen as he's trying to remember the movie and once he did, "Seriously Adam? You're watching Princess Diaries?"

Another cushion was thrown at Noah by Adam, "Shut up! Nea wants to watch it."

Noah clapped and he extends his hand to Nea, handshaking, "You got him whipped Nea! Good job!"

"Will!" Adam gives William a signal and Noah is pushed to the floor again, but he laughs this time.

"You really wanted to stay in the dorm Nea?" Leia asks and Nea nods while looking at her.

"You know you're always welcome to stay in my apartment," Sara says as she pats Nea on the shoulder.

"I know, Thank you." Nea smiles and she turns to watch the movies again.

"Can we change the movie?" All of them throw cushions at Noah this time to shut him up, Noah put his hands up to give up, "Okay, I surrender."

-----

The last holiday weekend comes, all of them are getting ready to go back to University. Early Saturday morning, Nea is sitting on the chair which Adam puts a few days ago, next to the window only because Nea often sits on the floor only to stare outside the window. She's listening to her Spotify playlist and singing softly while enjoying the view.

Adam wakes up to see Nea sitting on the chair while singing slowly. He smiles and gets out of the bed, walking towards her. She looks at Adam, who's standing in front of her and smiles, "Good Morning."

Adam leans in to kiss her forehead, "Good Morning to you too." Both of them smile while looking into each other eyes.

"Ready?"

Nea shakes her head slowly, "I'm nervous."

"I'll be there for you." Adam extends his hand to which Nea hesitantly accepts, "Promise?"

"I promise." Adam flicks Nea's nose playfully and she smiles. "Come, let's get ready and have breakfast before we start our journey."

Both of them are ready to start the day and journey to Boston. Before that, both of them and Sara have breakfast with Mr. and Mrs. Clark. Then they met up with the boys because they had planned to convoy together to Boston. Sara decides to hitchhike with Lucas and William leaving Nea and Adam alone in his Ford Explorer. Alex stayed behind for one more day because Leia is having her residency at the hospital in town.

After almost 5 to 6 hours driving they arrived in Boston. Nea expression showed how she's terrified of new things and Adam holds her hands most of the time to calm her down. 

"Welcome to Boston, Nea Aryn Clark." Adam holds her hands tightly assuring Nea everything will be okay.

"Everything will be okay as long as we're together," Nea mutters slowly but Adam heard her and he nods with a smile. "We will."

-----