Chapter 19.

Dinner

[Nea's POV]

I cough a little as I feel a sudden cold in my chest. Leia quickly gets out of Sara's dressing room to check up on me who's currently sitting on Sara's bed. Yes, we're in Sara's room after both of them dragged me here, mumbling to each other about what should I wear to dinner tonight.

"Have you taken your meds today?" Leia stands in front of me and put her hand on my forehead measuring my temperature.

"I don't think I did. Forgot to, sorry." I said as Leia turns around typing on her iPhone.

"We're all forgot that you're still sick. Your fever came back, but a bit lower, still you need to take meds and some rest, considering a lot happened today."

Sara walks out of her dressing room towards us. "Nea got sick again?"

Leia nods äs she looks at her watch, "Her fever hiked up again. She needs rest and meds, besides we still have a few hours till dinner."

"Let's get you to the room then." Sara helps me get up but Leia stops us.

"I've already called an assistant."

Sara and I tilt our head looking confused as Leia smirks playfully. I heard someone run upstairs and he comes inside panting. Adam looks worried as he walks towards me fast.

"You got a fever again??" His voice sounds urgent as he still panting from running upstairs.

He put a hand to my forehead and another to a side of my neck. I shiver a bit to his touch, his hand is cold. 

"Take Nea to your room, give her meds and put her to bed. She needs rest." Leia gives instructions as she looks at us.

Adam holds a hand out to me as I look at him and his hand simultaneously. "Let's go." 

I put my hand in his and he smiles as he leads me upstairs. I saw Sara and Leia smiling widely, almost grinning when we both walk out. I shake my head amusingly at their expression.

-----

Adam gives me my medicine and then he put me on my side of the bed. He casually releases my tied hair and tucks me in. He fixed the blanket as he turns on the heater using a remote.

"It seems like you've done this a lot." I look at him through the blanket which covers my body till my nose, revealing only my eyes and upper.

He laughs a bit, showing his teeth, kind of cute to me. I try not to stare at him, avoiding his gaze. He takes a seat next to me, covering his position a little bit on the edge of the bed.

"Yeah, Sara is not a very healthy kid when we were little. Mum and Dad literally busy at that time, so it's up to me, the healthy one to take care of her. I got to know later that one of the twins sometimes gets lesser antibody than the other one, and that explains why she often get sick, also how I got these skills."

"Only Sara? How about Emily? Haven't you attended to her?" I slowly gasp when I say the words in my head out loud and Adam totally heard it, as he's making a questionable face.

Oh my god! why did I ask this? I'm getting a bit ahead of myself now. Stupid Nea!

"Sorry, forget it." I turn to the other side, hoping this conversation ends right now.

Adam stands up and walks away.

He must've thought I'm a busy body.

To my dismay, Adam didn't walk out of the room, instead, he lay next to me on his side of the bed. He's looking straight at me, eye to eye.