Chapter 43.

Disturbs

Nea just finished her last paper and is now sitting on a bench near Adam's college, waiting for him and Noah to finish their paper. Luckily both of them have the same date for their last paper. Nea put her hair up as she's reading, She wears a black long-sleeve turtleneck, jeans, and her black sneakers.

She didn't put on her earphone, to save battery since they'll go back straight home from University. The others went back home already since they finish early, except for Nea, Adam, and Noah.

Suddenly someone sits in front of her and she looks surprised as the stranger smiles, but she didn't start the conversation first.

"Hi, I've been looking at you from just now. Are you a business student?"

Nea shakes her head and trying to avoid the stranger approaches, but he put his hands on her book, covering it to make her look at him.

"Look, I'm sorry if I disturb you, but my friends over there are expecting me to get your number and you are actually my type. So why don't we get to know each other? Sorry, where's my manners, I'm Evan." He held out his hand to her, she doesn't know whether to shake his hand back or not. She contemplates, not wanting to be rude or just ignore, but he's still waiting and his friends are looking at them, he'll only get embarrassed if she ignores him.

Nea slowly held out her hand to shake his hand but suddenly a hand cut off her action and shakes Evan's hand instead. Nea looks up only to find Adam and Noah standing next to her and Noah is the one shaking Evan's hand.

"Hey, what the heck Noah. Go away, don't disturb us. I just.." Evan tries to talk but Noah cut him off.

"God! Are you dense or ignorant? Don't you know she's Adam's girl?" Noah signals and Evan looks at Nea and Adam.

"Yeah, so what?"

"You're a dick, you know?"

"I just wanted to be her friend, is that wrong?"

"Yes, it is, if you have a death wish." Adam's voice sounds cold and stern.

Nea slides her hand to Adam's and she stands up, "I'm sorry Evan. I think I'll have to decline, I'm sorry."

Nea barely dragged Adam away from there and Noah follows suit. They get in the car and Adam is still not in a good mood. Noah tries to liven up the mood, but Adam doesn't even bother to say anything so Noah just shut up.

The drive seems long and boring without any interaction. Noah is already in his plane to dreamland and he even snores, probably didn't get enough sleep studying for the exam.

"Adam, are you okay?" Nea looks at him and he didn't look back.

"Why didn't you just decline him in the first place?"

"It would embarrass him."

"So what? He knew you're mine, but he still pursues you. Don't you think about that?"

"Adam, he just said he wants to be my friend, it's not a big deal actually.."

"It is!" Adam's voice raised a bit and Nea's eyes widen.

"Every single person in the college already knew about me and you, so he shouldn't make any move to you in the first place. He should've known and you're supposed to be firm and decline him, don't pity anyone.."

"So you're saying I should've been a bitch to him? Although he didn't do anything bad to me?"

"Yes!"

"Adam this is absurd. You're blindly jealous and you know that I don't have any feelings whatsoever towards him." Nea explains slowly not to wake Noah up.

Adam sighs in angry and rakes his hair to the back.

"I don't know Nea, who did you have feelings for." Nea gasps silently and her eyes widen to Adam's word.

"Where did this come from?"

Adam rubs his face roughly, "I'm sorry I must've been tired. Just forget it. Let's just get home quickly."

Nea stopped pursuing this topic as she turns away from Adam and looks outside. She put a hand to her heart, there are discomfort and pain after what Adam had said.

-----

The air between them both are cold since the incidents earlier. Adam goes out immediately after dropping Nea at the house. Neajust silently get inside and lock herself in the room.

She occupied herself listening to her song and cleaning up the room. Sara comes in after quite a lot of knocking but no answers. Nea saw Sara sits on the couch near the window, but she doesn't feel like talking so she busied herself with cleaning.

Sara walks towards Nea and stops her. She pulls Nea's earphone away and makes her sit on the bed. "Hey, I heard from Lucas. Are you okay?"

Nea just keeps her mouth closed and look at the view outside the window. "Adam is such a dick! It's not even your fault that Evan tried to get to know you, so why is he blaming you in the first place?"

"Maybe, it is my fault.." Nea said slowly.

"What?? No! It's not your fault, Noah told us everything since he faked his sleep and he said sorry for eavesdropping, but even he said that this is not your fault." Sara rubs Nea's shoulder to make her calm and feel better.

"I don't think this is the root of the problem. There's something else that's bothering Adam." Nea said and Sara just being silent.

"I can't say anything if that's what you think, but I do hope you guys could figure things and made up. I know it's hard for both of you but hang in there. There's a rainbow at the end of the road." Sara hugged Nea and smiles before she left Nea in the room, thinking about it.

Nea falls asleep while waiting for Adam. She slightly awake when her body is being picked up and tucked in properly to the bed. She opens her eyes slightly and she saw Adam's blurry, "You're late..Where have you been?"

Adam tucks her hair behind her ears and touches her cheek slightly, "I'm sorry. I had a lot of thinking and I know I'm being a jerk and a crazy jealous dick to you today. I.."

Nea pulls him to her and hugs him, "No, I am sorry for making you jealous. I should've ignored him in the first place. I'm sorry Adam."

Adam pulls away and smiles softly, "Just get some sleep okay? You barely can open your eyes now." Adam put her hands down and kiss her forehead long enough before she falls into a deep slumber.

-----