Chapter 37.

Spring Break

Adam's car drove inside of the town and Nea open the car window to feel the spring air in her palm. She smiles brightly, feeling happy to be back in town. Adam slips his hand in Nea's hand and she grips it back sending warm feeling. Sara and Lucas sit in the back and they are both in their own world.

"Happy to be home, baby wifey?" Nea looks at him and smiles as she nods continuously showing her excitement.

"Noah's right. You guys are cheesy." Lucas rolls his eye and Sara laughs.

"Like you guys are not." Adam shrugs as he turns right to send Lucas to his house first.

"What? Me and Lucas? No, we're not an item." Lucas whipped his head to Sara but she didn't look at him. Hurt shows in his face, but he hides it in a matter of seconds.

Nea turns around to see both of them and then she looks at Adam questioningly, but he just mouthed 'I don't know'. Sara didn't bother to look at Lucas as he gets out of the car, but Lucas keeps on glancing at Sara. 

"Okay, what happened with Lucas, Sara?" Adam asks as soon as they left Lucas home.

"Nothing," Sara says coldly.

"Seriously, Sara Kathryn Clark answer me will you?" Adam urges her but she remains silent. Nea put a hand on Adam's shoulder and she signals to let her be for now and Adam nods reluctantly.

Sara quietly gets out of the car and went straight to her room upon arriving at their house. Adam and Nea eyeing Sara move until she's out of their sight, Adam lets out a sigh. Luckily, Mr. and Mrs. Clark are not at home at that time, they will be back by dinner time.

"I'll talk to her." Nea touches Adam's arm as she smiles.

"Thank you. It's just that they are always in a good term, this is the first time they've been this way. I thought they liked each other." Adam takes the bag in Nea's hand as usual.

"They do. Don't worry, I'll talk to her and you should probably talk to Lucas." Nea glances at Adam and he nods agreeing.

Nea knocks twice before she enters Sara's room and she finds her lying on the bed while fiddling with her iPhone. Nea quietly sits next to Sara on her bed and didn't say a word, just quietly sitting there.

After about 10 minutes of silence, Sara started, "He went on a date last week with one of my classmates."

"Did he say anything after that?" 

"No. But she did, she says she had a wonderful day and thanks me."

"But it's not him that says that."

Sara sits up quickly making Nea jumps in surprise. Sara lets out a big sigh as she rakes her hair and her dark brown hair falls to her back.

"The fact that he didn't say anything that makes me mad! Is he enjoying it? Did he have fun? Did he like her now? These unanswered questions make me mad! Urgh!" Sara throws her body onto the bed with a thud.

Nea lay beside her and smile, "Why don't you just ask him?"

Sara covers her face with her hand and shakes her head, "I can't. I.. I just can't."

"You know, nowadays, girls can also make the first move instead of waiting for the guy to make it first. We, girls, can't just keep waiting anymore." Nea pulls Sara's hand away.

Sara turns to look at Nea, her tears stream down her face, "He has never said he liked me, not even once. How can I confirm that he likes me and for me to make the move?"

Nea wipes Sara's tears with her thumb and smiles, "You don't need confirmation to tell him your feelings. You just need to confront him and just go for it. Even if he doesn't reciprocate, it's his loss. Because, you, Sara Kathryn Clark is a gem and only the special one will see it."

Sara sobs and hugs Nea tightly, "Gosh, you know what to say and what to make me feel better. No wonder Adam falls head over heels for you. Thank you, I'm glad I have you as my sister and for Adam to have you as his wife."

Nea stops stroking Sara's back but continues when she gets her head back. "You're welcome, and no, thank you for accepting me as I am."

Knocks on the door make them release their hugs and they saw Adam peeking, "Urm, sorry to interrupt but can I have my baby wifey back?"

Nea burst out laughing and Sara rolls her eyes, "Fyi, she's also my sister. We sisters never ditch each other for men."

Adam scoffs and rolls his eyes, "Nuh-uh, not a chance. Nea's mine alone and forever will be."

Nea smiles warmly as she looks at Adam, "What are you doing here, Adam?"

"Oh yeah, there's someone coming for you Sara." Adam scratches the back of his head and moves aside to show Lucas at the back looking straight to Sara.

Nea pats Sara's hands twice as in giving her strength and she walks towards Adam. Both of them left the room to give Lucas and Sara space to make up their misunderstands. Adam wraps his hand to Nea's shoulder as they both walk downstairs.

"Should we leave them alone?" Adam asks and Nea nods agreeing. Both of them walk out of the house to Adam's Ford Explorer. 

"Let's go to our secret place," Adam says and Nea grins widely making her eyes squints more.

-----

Adam holds Nea's hands as he leads her towards their secret spots and they both sit on the big rock. The spring winds blow Nea hair everywhere and Nea takes out her hair tie from her jeans pocket.

"Let me tie it for you." Adam snatches the hair tie from Nea as he turns her making her back faces him.

"Are you sure you know how to tie it?" Nea sounds worried and Adam chuckles.

"Relax wifey, I know. I often tie Sara's hair back in the day." Adam ties Nea's hair in a swift move showing his moves.

"You know, the more I know you the more I surprise of your feminine side." Nea jokingly said and Adam laugh.

"Feminine? Me? Adam Nicholas Clark? Seriously?"

"Yeah, I feel like you are more to the feminine side."

"Hey! No, I'm not! Should I show you my masculine side now?"

Nea quickly gets up and looks at Adam, who's now grinning and his eyes glinting mischievously.

"Oh no, no. You don't have to." Nea backing away slowly putting both her hands up to her chest, while smiling widely.

Adam shakes his head continuously with a straight face, "No, I'll show you. C'mere."

"No!" Nea runs away as she laughs, but Adam's long legs catch her quickly as he spun her around by the waist and picks her up in the air. Nea's face is now close to Adam's face as she put her hands on his shoulder to support herself.

"Now, am I masculine enough?" Adam asks as he smirks and Nea shakes her head and giggles.

Adam lowers Nea a bit as he pecks her lips making her stop laughing. Adam chuckles to see Nea's surprised face and she blushes. Adam puts her down slowly and she quickly turns around to hide her blushing face.

Adam back hugs Nea as he puts his chin on Nea's head, "I'm happy when I'm with you Nea. You make me happy more than... Emily."

"I'm happy when I'm with you too, Adam." Nea rubs Adam's hand as she leans back to Adam's body and he tightens his hold on her. Adam kisses Nea's hair as they enjoy each other's presence and the view of the whole town.

-----