Chapter 6.

I'm tired

[Nea's POV]

I walk downstairs to find my in-laws and Sara sitting on the couch in the living room. They look at me with a questionable look.

"I'm going to meet my friends for a bit. I didn't have the chance to say a word to them at the wedding."

I said as I quickly walk out of the house, or I could call it a mansion for its hugeness. I've never lived in this kind of house, my house was practically smaller than this but it's the warmest house ever. I felt like there's a bundle of things growing in my heart. It feels heavy, and I feel like I could break down at any moment.

This is not what I expected. I didn't expect any rainbows, but this feels worse.

I continue walking aimlessly since I lied about meeting my friends. They are not in town, they are in university now since it's Monday and not weekends. I didn't go to university, my family couldn't afford it. Bella is in university with a full scholarship furthering her Master's while Fay is in high school. Mum is working as the breadwinner since Dad falls sick and was made to retire early. Both of them are in their 40's and still struggling to survive and give their daughters the perfect life. That was it when I decided to work to help them, I work as a part-time tutor since I'm good in study. Most of my time was spent on working from day till night.

I walk towards my old house and stopped a bit far from it. It is smaller than Clark's family house and not really convenient, but it's full of love and warm since we as a family are bonded. I'll definitely miss living here now we have moved away, to a two-room apartment near the suburb. The memory of us, as a family in the house, was still vivid to me.

As I stare at the lawn in front of it the memory of the day when I get a scholarship offers from MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) for linguistic studies almost two years ago. I yelp in front of the house when I opened the letter of the scholarship "I got it! Oh My God! I did it! Mum, Dad!"

My dad who was just about to get inside the car went back out to congratulate me with a hug "I knew you will get it eventually honey"

Mum who was in the kitchen ran out of the house upon hearing the news to give me hugs and kisses "Congratulations honey!". Bella who was in the middle of brushing her teeth and Fay , who just got up also ran outside to congratulate me. 

That was the last memory of us in this house until two months later, Dad collapse while working and diagnose with heart disease. He was made to retire and Mum who has never worked before had to while I decided to help them and gave up on my studies.

Without me knowing there are tears pooling in my eyes and I wiped it with my jacket sleeve.

"Aryn is that you?"

Uh oh..This voice?

I try to walk away without looking back, but that person grabs my hand and turns me to face him.

"Nea Aryn Lee," He said it with his soothing voice which I have not heard for two years.

I look at him, He has not changed, has he? The same face, expression, and voice.

"Luke" I feel a little choked when I say his name.

"Where have you been? I mean you and your family suddenly moved out while I'm in Uni. I asked my parents but they didn't know about it too. What happen?"

He bombarded me with those questions which I definitely didn't want to enclose it to him.

I bit my lip and try to not look him in the eye. He notices it but didn't let go of my arm, which he won't until he get his answers.

How can I forget he lives here?! Dang Nea. Now what?! I didn't want to answer him, but he's not someone who will take silence for an answer.

I try to yank my arms away from him, but his grip is firm. Now that he got a bit bulky I can't even resist as much as before.

"You know you can't yank me away Aryn. You've never been able to even before" He laughed a little.

"No. I can and I did" I smack his arm and poke his waist where he's ticklish and he let loose of the grip while I again try to run.

I am not quick enough and my short leg gave me away when Luke literally grabs me by the waist, turn me around and pull me up making me face him upside down.

Damn this tall, bulky man. How did he get stronger just in two years?

"Nu-uh, Not so fast huh" He smiles, which is annoying for me.

"Put me down Luke"

He shakes his head made up his decision "I can't afford to lose you again."

His word makes my stomach whirls and my face was already red due to the gravity forces when he hold me up in the air.

"I've been .." Luke is trying to say something when a car honk made us jumps by its loud sound.

I raise my head to look at the owner of the car only to find Adam is looking at us intensely.

He looks angry?

"Put me down now Luke!" My voice sounds urgent and Luke let me down slowly so that I won't trip.

I try to walk quickly when I feel light-headed and almost fall to the ground. Luke grabs me by the shoulder to make me steady. I heard car door slams and I saw Adam walk towards us, my head cleared up quickly.

"I've been looking for you," Adam said without glancing at Luke that's still holding on to me.

Uncomfortable.

I push Luke's hand from my shoulder. "I can get back home on my own."

I didn't say goodbye to Luke as I walk away from both of them. Luke clearly still didn't get the notice when he runs up in front of me "Aryn.."

"I'll be in town, we'll meet each other eventually. So back off now Luke" My tone is definitely not friendly.

Luke standstill when I walk past him and suddenly Adam grabs my hand to take me to his car. I saw Luke was literally looking at us as we get inside of the car until Adam drives out of his view.

The evening wind feels cold and my hair is a mess. Adam drives fast, I don't even want to know why.

When we reach the house, I quickly unbuckle the seatbelt and open the car door when Adam speaks up

"We need to talk"

What now?

"No, we don't"

I walk out and somehow I feel really tired and annoyed. I just want to go to sleep. I walk inside and go straight upstairs.

I'm complicated. I've always been like this. I'm also a quitter, I decided to give up quickly. Every single time, all that makes me happy was my imaginations. I know I sounded like a loser... it is because I am one. I don't want to try something that will cause me to be unhappy or break down. So I decided to just run from it. My family, friends and even Luke always told me this, but I just don't want to have my heart to break, not again. So I decided to just shut it all down.

Accepting this marriage is a big deal in the first place. I decided to change for the better and maybe tries to open up, but now that it comes to this I don't think I can. I don't think I can anymore. My own safe circle is my family and now I feel like I've lost them too because of this marriage.

I don't know when did I fall asleep, but all I know is that someone held me up and tuck me in, to sleep. I open my eyes a bit to see the backside of that person and I saw Adam shut off the light switch and go out of the door, closing it. He takes a glance at me before closing it down.

I'm tired, but I'll be fine tomorrow.

-----