Chapter 22.

The Lee's

Adam and Nea are at The Lee's family house. Adam sees how happy Nea is spending time with her family, her smile is glued to her face. Her laugh also louder than what he had heard before, it's somewhat ear-catching to Adam.

Mr. Lee sits next to Adam, who's on the couch while the girls are happily talking to each other on the floor.

"That's how they are whenever they gather up. It's unbelievably noisy when Mark and Tia come around." Mr. Lee says as he looks pleased with his daughters.

"She looks like she's above the cloud," Adam says slowly.

"I'm lucky to have them as my daughters, they are irreplaceable. I really hope you won't break my little girl's heart, Adam. I can't ask for more than just hoping you will take good care of her. She may look strong, but she's not. She doesn't show how broken she is when she didn't get to further her studies because of a family situation, because of me which I still feel guilty over it till now. This is the only thing I could do for her as her father. Do you get it, Adam?"

Adam nods seriously "I will not break her heart, Mr. Lee, I don't wish to see her sad either. I feel like I've broken my own heart by doing so."

The girls quickly up on their feet walking towards the kitchen to help their Mum preparing dinner. Time sure flies quickly whenever something good is happening. Adam is still talking with Mr. Lee when Nea stands in front of them with a smile.

"Mum said dinner's ready."

"Okay, I better go there straight or your mum won't let me have dinner." Mr. Lee quickens his pace to the kitchen.

"What are you talking about with dad?" Nea walk side by side with Adam as they walk towards the kitchen.

"It's men's talk," Adam says, but Nea groans annoyed by Adam's answer. Adam laughs to Nea's reaction which he found cute when he pinch her cheek slowly.

Both of them sit next to each other at the dinner table, which is small but almost full of food. Mrs. Lee sure made a bunch for both of them and the family. Lee's family started dinner after said their prayers and the girls sure have a big metabolism since they eat a lot, like a lot.

"So, how are your parents, Adam?" Mrs. Lee asks a question since she didn't get to have a proper conversation with Adam while she prepares dinner.

"They're good. They just got back from business meetings in London yesterday."

Mrs. Lee nods as she asks seconds question "What are your plan now that both of you are married?"

Adam seems like he has prepared for this question when he answers smoothly.

"For the time being, I'm planning to finish my studies and in the meantime developing the business that I and my friends have been planning for years. Later on, we could work on it for the future."

All of them nods except for Fay and Nea who's looking at Adam while she continues to eat.

"What about you, Nea?" Mrs. Lee turns to ask her daughter plans.

"I don't have any plans yet mum, but I'm thinking to continue my work, part-time tutoring. Then I can still help you guys."

"No, you can't. You're married, besides you don't live here anymore." Mrs. Lee dropped her forks and look at Nea's straight in the eye.

"What? So then you're the only one who's working to pay the bills now? You'll overwork yourself by then Mum. So yes, I'll still be helping you." Nea continues to eat avoiding her mum's gaze.

"No, you're not."

Nea dropped her fork to retaliate, but Bella cuts off her "It's my turn now Nea. You have to live your life now. You're not alone anymore"

"How about your studies Bella? Don't ring a bell that you're still studying?" Nea stops eating as she sighs.

"I'm also working now, part-time. It's more than enough money to help mum and dad and also fay for her school."

Nea look defeated, Adam grasps her hand under the table. Mr. Lee grasps her other hands reassure Nea that they are going to be okay.

"Okay then, but promise me, anything happens just tell me. I'm still a Lee even though my last name has been changed to Clark."

All of them are smiling to her words while Nea's close to tears. Mr. and Mrs. Clark, both say "You're forever our girl."

"Cut it out with the tears, so when are you guys going to Boston?" Bella asks while she eats.

"Boston?" Nea asks and Adam is fidgeting in his seat.

"You are going to university with Adam, right? Boston University?" Bella continues dropping the bombs.

Nea whipped her head at Adam as if she heard this news for the first time. Adam smile awkwardly "Remember yesterday, I ask, did mum told you about when we talk about me going back to university? This is it."

"Wha... But how? I didn't apply." Nea stuttering, Fay refills her glass so that she can drink the water to calm down.

"I applied for you since I knew what you wanted to study. They have accepted you, and you'll be enrolling after new year's eve." Bella calmly explains with a smile.

Nea started to cry as she put her hands to her face, covering it. Adam rubs her back instinctively as she let out her feelings. Adam looks around and to his surprise, all of the Lee's are crying too, either slowly or only tearing while looking at Nea's.

When Nea's is still not having a sign to stop crying, Mr. and Mrs. Lee come to hug her warmly "I'm sorry that it took a long time for you to pursue your studies, we are a baggage to you all this time. We are soo sorry, honey."

Nea shakes her head profusely "No you're not! Don't say it like that.", and she continues to cry.

Both of them shoves her to Adam playfully "Hey, you've already got a big chest to cry on now, so make use of it."

Both Nea and Adam laugh while Adam hugs her while rubbing her back, calming her down. After dinner, they both made their cue to go back home. Nea hugs and kisses her parents as if she doesn't want to let them go.

Bella hugs Nea tightly as she says "I'm one call away if Adam bullies you. Okay?"

Fay turns to hug Nea's next, but she says while looking at Adam, "You got yourself a crybaby. Sorry, not sorry Adam." Nea smacks Fay's back, hard, but she laughs instead.

Both of them waves goodbye as they get inside Adam's car, driving back home. Nea holds Adam's free hand as she says without looking at him "Thank you for today. I'm happy."

Adam stops at the traffic light and pulls Nea's face to face him, "You're welcome, I'm happy if you're happy too."

Both of them looks at each other in the eye while smiling softly and continue their drive home.

-----