Chapter 59.

An Addition to Love

[Adam's POV]

"The call is forwarded to the.." I cut off the line and I can't stop worrying when Nea is not picking up her phone. It's not like she's in class because she's got no class today and I quickly dialed up William since he's in Boston.

"Hello," William said on the other line.

"Hey, is Nea there with you?"

"Nea? No, she's at home. I'm on my way to have lunch with Kris and Nea doesn't want to tag along. What's wrong Adam?"

"I called her, but she didn't pick up." I heard a sound of tire screeching and later William said, "I'm turning back, I'll call you later."

"Okay, but be safe Will." 

-----

I keep tapping on my phone, waiting for William and I can't stop looking at my phone. When there's a call from William, I quickly pick it up.

"How is she?"

"Hey, it's Kris. We are on our way to the hospital. Nea.."

"Hospital?! Why? What happened?? I'm going back to Boston right now."

"Wait! Adam!"

I cut off the line before Kris could say anything and I look at Alex who's already packing up our stuff to the car.

-----

I was on the flight when I got a text from William saying that he had brought Nea back at the apartment and that Nea is okay only that she's malnourished. I sigh in relief, but I can't keep calm until I see her myself. 

"Is Nea okay?"

I nodded as I pinch at my nose bridge, "Yeah, they are back to the apartment. I'm sorry I get panicked."

Alex patted me on the back, "I understand, if the same thing happened to Lei, I'll lose my rational too."

"I would like to see that once," I said jokingly at Alex and he laughs.

"You will be, I promise you."

"By the way, how's Lei?"

"She's great actually, and we're good, although she's busy with her duty as a doctor."

"Good, I hope I can hear good news from you guys in the near future then," I smirk and Alex shakes his head.

"It should be you guys first, I think." I just smile back in return.

I hope so too.

-----

Alex drove back to the apartment after not long that we landed in Boston and I quickly go straight upstairs as soon as we arrived. I open up the door and I saw William and Kris are sitting on the couch in the living room.

"Where is she?"

William and Kris pointed to our room and I walk fast towards it. When I open it I found a sleeping Nea on the bed and she's actually looking pale. I sit on the edge of the bed as I stroke her hair and she opens her eye as she feels my touch on her.

"Hey, baby.." Her voice cracks and there's a slump in my heart to see her vulnerable and weak.

"Hey..how are you?"

"Good, just tired. How about you?"

"Good that I get to see you myself now."

Nea chuckles, "You're unbelievable."