Chapter 7.

Unravel Knots

[Adam POV]

I walk inside the house and went straight to the dining room. The maids are preparing for dinner at the table. Mum is in the kitchen, cooking, she doesn't like other people to cook for us so she cooks with the help of the maids.

My eyes trail around looking for Nea but she was nowhere to be seen.

"What are you looking for, brother?" Sara looks at me puzzled.

"Nea is not here is she?"

"Nope" She popped the 'P' while doodling something in her notebooks.

"She probably went straight to your room, Adam. Look for her there" Mum said as she focuses on cooking.

I was about to walk away when Mum yelled loud enough for me to hear

"Dinner is almost ready, get Nea to freshen up and come downstairs"

"Alright Ma'am" I shout back.

I climb the stairs to our room and Dad was heading out of his workroom when he patted me at the back "Don't take it too long son, your Mum might turn green and bulky."

I chuckled "I might tell Mum on you"

Dad laughed out loud as he went downstairs and I heard mum asked him about it.

I open the door to my room and it's pitch black. I switch the lamp and I saw her at the edge of the bed, sleeping. She looks tired, jet-lagged probably. I try to wake her up, but to no avail so I hooked her arm on my shoulder and pick her up to place her on the bed. I tucked her in and take her specs off of her face.

"Mum.."

I heard she mumbles in her sleep as I pulled out the string from her tied hair, slowly.

Homesick? She must've missed her family while I'm not being helpful. I'm so selfish, sorry Nea, for taking it out on you.

I turned on the table lamp and went to the door. I switch off the light and turn to glance at her before I closed the door and went downstairs.

"Where's Nea?" Mum asked as soon as I sit at the dinner table.

"She's sleeping, won't wake up. Tired and jet-lagged probably."

"She's too tired Meg, just let her sleep and let's talk after dinner, okay?" Dad holds Mum's hands knowing she wants to talk to me.

Dinner is bland when I keep on thinking what mum wants to talk about and I know what is it about.

After dinner, Mum literally dragged me to the living room and order me to sit on the couch while she stands in front of me, both hands on her hips.

I wipe my face with my hands a few times, I'm tired and jet-lagged too, but Mum probably won't let me go anyway.

"What happened on the honeymoon trip?"

Mum finally starts voicing out. Dad and Sara sit at the nearest couch, all of the maids already went back home.

"Nothing."

"What do you mean by nothing Nicholas"

Mum always uses my middle name when she is mad, but when it's getting to the climax, she will use my full name.

"Nothing, nothing ever. We do our own stuff, no talking, sleeping or any others like newlywed if that is what you meant Mum." I'm getting annoyed.

"And why is that? How did things escalate like that? I know Nea and she will not behave like that unless.." Mum is trying to finish her sentence but I cut her off.