Chapter 48.

Coming back

[Nea's POV]

I am back at BU after a year in Japan at Tokyo, Keio University, Tia's University. Mark and Tia are surprised to see me when I suddenly popped out in front of them, then I make them promise not to reveal my whereabouts. In exchange, I have to tell them everything, besides, I can't keep any secrets with them anymore since I decided to open up.

Mark is currently visiting Boston, he's an intern at a travel company in Boston. I wonder why did he choose here and he said to look out for me. Like I would believe that.. he's probably wanted to meet Adam since I tell him my side of the story. 

Mark can be quite protective of me and Tia, like how he did in kindergarten. I am actually relieved when Mark said he's coming back to Boston with me. I have been getting nervous actually, with the probability of seeing Adam when I come back here. If I could, I wanted to apply for another exchange program on another side of the world, but Tia scolded me and say that I need to face him sooner or later.

The first person that I meet is Professor Blake, she already knows about my return and she gladly welcomes me back. After going out of the admin office, I bumped into Kris and she actually cries as soon as she recognizes me, sob to be exact. I had a hard time introduce her to Mark, who's actually enjoying how Kris beat me up after she cries.

What surprised me the most is when William comes into view and he kisses Kris in front of me. My eyes widen and in a second I covered up my eyes with my left hand and covers Mark's eyes with my right hand.

Mark laughs loudly as he pushes my hand and flicks my head in amusement. William looks at me like he sees a ghost, and he looks back at Kris to confirm what he sees. Kris nods and in a second he embraces me in a tight hug and lifts me up in the air because he's taller than me.

"I can't.. bre.. breath, Will." I pat him a few times before he let me down slowly.

"I'm sorry Nea...But where have you been??" Will look at me seriously and I smile.

"Japan. How are you?" I ask him, but actually, I wanted to ask how is Adam doing.

"Not good, Adam, I mean," Will said and I look at him, I am guilty after all.

"I'm sorry," I said softly, but Mark grabs my shoulder to give me strength and I smile back at him.

"Who's he?" William stepped up and he's towering Mark along with his glare.

I came in between them, "This is Mark, my best friend, you guys have met him once at the wedding."

"Mark? But his hair?" William looks confused.

"Yeah, this is my original color, back then I dyed it blonde, for a play." Mark smile sheepishly.

"I see, I'm sorry for glaring at you, Mark." William smiles guiltily.

Yeah, this is William, kind and nice William.

"Are you back for good??" William asks and I nod, "I'm finishing up my studies here."

"He's here," William said and I stopped in my track.

"Thank you for telling me, Will. See you later Kris!" I turn around and smile before I walk away with Mark. My heart races and I became quiet. Mark holds my hand to give me strength and I take a deep breath.

He's here.

-----

Both of us are hungry, so I brought Mark over to the restaurants nearby which popular among BU students. He's quite a talker as he told me how he decided to apply for his internship here, of all places he could go.

He makes me laugh and smile whenever he starts talking. We both are now walking inside of the restaurants and it's packed as usual. I was listening to him blabbering attentively when someone walks up and stop in front of me. My eyes widen at the figure in front of me and his eyes look sad to me. "Adam," I said softly, but I know he heard me, he always did.

Suddenly he wraps me in a tight hug making me yelps in surprise. He hugs me tightly, as if not wanting to let me go again. I hug him back, memorizing his warm body like a year ago. I open my eyes for a moment and I look at the three people standing a few feet from us, and their eyes are teary too. I blink away my almost teary eyes when I saw a lot of eyes staring at us.

I pat Adam's back continuously, "Adam, let me go."

"No!" He growled and tightened his hug and I started to suffocate, "A..Adam, I can't breathe,"

Mark stepped in as he pats Adam and looks at his eyes, "You're going to strangle her to death if you didn't let her go now."

Adam let me go as he realizes what he had done and I cough, trying to get my breathing back to normal. I look at him and his sad eyes capture me again, "I'm so sorry baby, I didn't realize... "

"It's okay. I understand. Let's get back to the table." I push him back to the table, while the other has scooted over to make space for me and Mark.

Adam takes a seat next to me and his eyes never leave me. I order for both Mark and me, and then I look at all of them. I saw Adam's hand is fidgeting next to mine as if he wanted to hold it, but he holds his urges down.

"Gosh! This is delicious! Girl, can I try yours?" Mark is an idiot as he's being himself right now, the enthusiastic Mark.

I nod and he dipped his spoon in my Aglio olio spaghetti and Adam looks at him. I decide to quickly introduce, "My best friend, Mark. Remember?"

Adam's eyes wander around and he snaps when he remembers, "Yeah, but your hair."

"This is the original one," Mark mumbles since he is in the middle of chewing his food.

"Urgh, swallow it first and then talk, Mark. How many times should I tell you?" I rolled my eyes and Mark makes an annoyed face back.

I sigh and glare at him when I heard laughter, I look and the boys are laughing, "You became a nagger in just a year Nea." Mark nods agreeing.

I look at Adam, who's next to me and he doesn't let his eyes wander away from me, at all. I sigh, "You should eat. How am I supposed to eat if you're staring at me like that?"

Adam turns away and starts to eat his food and I start with mine. After eating, the table is silence again and I glance at Mark and he's actually looking at me with his evil smile.

I mouthed silently, "Don't. Don't you dare."

Mark winked and he stands up abruptly, "This is my cue! I have to sleep early for my first day of internship tomorrow."

My eyes widen as I try to reach Mark's hand, but he's quick enough to get away, "Shit!"

I heard gasps and I turn around all of them are horrified with what I just said. I scoot away slowly and quickly run, out of the restaurants. 

This shit head Mark! I'm going to kill you tomorrow!

I try to run faster, but a hand pulls mine and turns me around quickly. My blue eyes meet Adam's brown eyes and he's panting because he runs to catch me.

"Whe..Where are you going?" Adam breathes heavily.

"I'm..I'm.." I try to come up with excuses, but good lord, my brain is stuck right now.

"You're coming with me." Adam pulls me by my wrist and I wriggle to let it loose until Adam decided to pick me up and put me on his shoulder.

"Oh my god! Adam, let me down. I promise I'll not run." I pleaded him and then I saw the boys are smiling amused at me.

"Just stay there silently, Nea. He won't let you go again." Lucas said and I just stay silently as Adam holds me by the waist and then put me into his car. He makes me gasp when he leans down to buckle my seatbelt. He looks at me and smiles as he tucks my hair behind my ear before he gets to the driver sides, while the boys are squished in the backseat.

Damn, this crazy heart and crazy husband of mine.

-----