Chapter 9.

Moving On

[Adam POV]

I get calls and a message from unexpected someone saying she wants to see me.

I rush towards the front door while grabbing my car keys, but someone grabs my arms. I look behind me and I see Nea's holding on to me. She looks hard to breathe and pale, probably because she tries to catch up to me.

" D D Don't leave me"

What? Suddenly? Does she know who am I running to?

"I'm sorry, but I really have to go"

She shakes her head and grabbing my arm desperately. I hold her hand and let it go slowly from my arm. She looks at me almost crying.

"I'll be back, I promise"

I push the door open and I get in my car, drive it fast. I see from my rearview that Nea's is out of the house and looks at me, hopelessly as I drive until I'm out of her view.

I'll be back, so don't make that face.

After a few minutes, I arrive at the coffee shop where we usually meet up. I see that she sit in our spot drinking her favorite black coffee.

"Hey"

I said as I smile softly. She looks up to me, didn't smile back.

"You look good. Considering how were we during our last meeting."

Again, with that sarcastic tone.

"I don't want to argue with you, not today"

"So do I."

She casually said as she put her coffee down and look at me straight in the eye.

"I'm moving." 

"Where?"

"As far as possible"

"When?"

"As soon as possible"

I look away to the street, the weather started to get cold as I look at the window slowly getting frosty. Season's change, people change

"If it makes you happy, I'll be happy too"

This is it. It's the end. My heart's throbbing.

"We'll never make it anyway"

She said those words that make me snap, furious.

"You won't know until you try"

"I tried! We tried. But somehow it just won't happen the way we want it to."

She looks outside to someone and she smiles. I saw that there's a man across the road smiling back to her.

"You didn't just move away, your heart also moves on"

I stare at her. Her eyes are glossy.

"I have to, and I hope you're happy with your wife."

She stands up and stops for a second to say something before she walks out of the coffee shop and crosses the road. My eyes follow her to the man as they get in the car and drives away, out of my sight.

I stay, for how many hours, I don't know. Replaying memories of us for 2 years, together. What she said to me before walking away stuck in my head.

"Be happy Adam, you deserve it. And, make her happy, she deserves it too."