Chapter 17.

Conscious

[Adam POV]

Alex pushes me to our table. My ears turn red and my hand formed a ball of a fist.

"Relax, Adam." Alex is trying to make me calm again.

My eye trails Nea, Sam, and the Luke guy. I stand on my feet again when I saw that Luke guy holds Nea's shoulder roughly. I almost take a step towards them, as Noah, William, Lucas, and Alex all hold me down, not letting me go.

"Let me go damn it!" I hissed slowly as I look at them one by one.

"Sam covered Nea, you don't need to make it worse now," Lucas said while nodding his head towards Nea and Sam.

Sam totally block that guy from Nea and I feel a bit relief seeing him out of the restaurant. Nea put a hand on her temple and she turns around to look at me. Our eyes met for a few seconds before I heard Leia mutters behind me.

"Asshole." She said as she pushes me away, she looks mad, at me.

Sara shakes her head as well as she walks away while looking at me. Leia takes Alex's car key from his jeans pocket and she walks towards Nea with Sara behind her. Both of them pulls Nea out of the restaurants, her eyes show confusion, and I know why exactly is that.

As soon as they out of the restaurant's door, I plop down in the seat behind me. Brushing my hair to the back roughly shows my frustration about the event that happened just now. I didn't mind all of the eyes that look at me as I sigh profusely.

"You okay?" Sam asked me as he stands in front of me.

"He fucked up," Lucas said on my behalf.

"Bigg time." Noah continues.

"How the hell did you come up with 'partner', considering she's your wife?" Alex takes a seat across me.

"It must've hurt her," William adds up.

"I know," I said slowly but they all heard it.

I did it again.

Sam smiles as he pats me on the shoulder. "Apologize, then, and tell her you didn't mean it that way"

I look up to find Sam's eyes "What if... Nothing. Thanks, Sam" I said as I stand up and walks to the door.

My brain overloads with what should I say and what should I do when I see her later. I didn't realize Alex is already sitting in the passenger seat in my car when I look at him quite surprised.

"Leia takes my car, remember?"

-----

I nod silently as I drive back to the house. I didn't bother to get out, although it's been almost 20 minutes since we arrive.

"What are you thinking about?" Alex broke off the silence.

"A lot of things." I sigh and white smoke comes out since the snow begins to fall.

"Elaborate" Alex turns to look at me.

"Why did I say 'partner' instead of wife? If not, what are we then? What kind of marriage do I want with Nea?"

"Are you thinking of hiding this marriage?" Alex questions me with a confused face.

"In the first place, before marriage, yes, I didn't want to expose it. I wish for it to remain hidden until after university that's why we only invite close family and friends to the wedding." I said while looking outside.

"Now?"

"I don't know. Just now when I saw that guy holding her hand, both of them smiling at each other. I felt like, claiming her."

Alex smiles at me while I try to ignore what he has been thinking.

"I've seen her with that guy, twice. First, on the day we're back from the honeymoon and second, is today. I could feel there's a history between them when they look at each other like that. And when he said she's his, I kind of want to beat him to reality since, well, umm she's my wife."

"Then, why don't you say it back then? That she's your wife?"

"It's like I said, my mind wants it to be hidden but..."

"Sub-consciously you want him to know that she's yours?"

I nod a few times slowly. Alex always knew what I wanted to say, I always confide him with what I feel troubled, including when I got to know that I have to marry Nea.

Alex laughs a lot until his eyes are teary. I scoffed at him and I laugh too.

"You're impossible. You're falling for her aren't you?"

"What? Where did that come from?"

"From my point of view, you are, not deeply yet, but slowly for sure."

I scoffed and look outside the window, again, but this time I try to make sense of what Alex had said.

Did I? I have been feeling guilty towards her, a lot, that's it. Ha-ha, how can I fall for her in the short time since I broke up with Emily? It's ridiculous! Alex is trying to fool me, yep definitely.

"Nah, I mostly feel guilty and sorry for her. That's just it since I've only been hurting her since the day we got married. I feel like I owe her"

"That is how love starts my brother." Alex giggle as he pats my shoulder and gets out of the car.

I turn off the engine and quickly get out of the car only to disagree with Alex, only to find him giggling as we make our way inside of the house.

"No, you're wrong Alex. You can't be fucking true all the time man!"

My blabbering stops when we arrive in the living room where the girls are. I saw Nea sitting on the couch next to the giant window. Her side profile looking at the falling snow outside. She turns around when she heard Alex talk to her and they converse a bit.

I didn't realize I was looking at her since I arrive and I stand there like a statue. Her blue eyes met my brown eyes, I can't seem to take my eyes away from her as we're looking at each other. At that moment I realize my heart is thumping loudly and I put my hand on my chest as I look at it. I glance around to see Sara's confused face, Leia's annoyed expression, and Alex's smile as he mouthed "I've said it."

I look at Nea who has been looking at me with her beautiful eyes, she looks at me worriedly as she stands up and walks to me.

"Are you okay? Are you sick?"

Her soothing voice somehow makes my heart race faster than before. At that moment I realize what Alex means.

Damn you, Alex!

-----