Chapter 1: Left Alone

"Why on earth did you buy me this!?! I wanted a King Charles Spaniel puppy not a old collie" The evil women screamed in my face as she looked down at my body studying me.

"But hun she is cute and she is only two" her Dad pleaded.

"I don't care! I don't want her!" She yelled again turning away from me, her hazel eyes refusing to look at me. Whimpering I ran away and hid in the corner of the room to get away from the spoilt brat, before she decided to hit or kick me.

"Ok dear I will take her back", her father finally said before grabbing my rope lead and taking me out into the rain.

-~-

He drove quite a distance before stopping, rain hammering on the cars roof. "Where are we?”

He looked at me before sighing and pulling me out of the car and into the rain, then he did something that still gives me nightmares, he left me, he left me in the rain, all alone, with no hope. I cried.

A crackle of thunder nearly made me jump out me skin. Shaking uncontrollably I hid in an already soaked cardboard box. I called out for help but no, nothing, no one came. All night I cried till I fell asleep from exhaustion.

-~-

The sun slowly rose over the buildings of Bristol city, but it brought no warmth to my soaked tri-merle coat. I could have continued crying but my throat was corse and my odd eyes burned.

"Why me?" I questioned quietly as I lay in a wet mess.

"There is the reported stray”

I looked up and seen a man and woman in navy uniform. Focusing I could see the silver writing on their uniform “RSPCA”

The male slowly walked up to me and took the rope lead. “Come on girl, let’s get you all cleaned up”. Shakily I got to my feet and they lifted me into the back of the van. 

“Put on the CD Dylan” I could hear the female RSPCA Officer say then I could hear music through the cage walls. It had a very strong beat then a large voice blared out, 

“Brothers of the Mine Rejoice… 

“Swing Swing Swing with me… 

“Raise your pick and raise your voice… 

“Sing sing sing we me… 

“Down and down into the deep who know what we’ll find beneath, diamonds rubies gold or “more, hidden in the mountain core” 

It was rather catchy but the chorus was defiantly strange but they Officers seemed to like it as they sung along.

“DIGGY DIGGY HOLE”

After a bit more singing we arrived at the shelter. 

-~-

A vet check and bath later I was put in a kennel with some food and a warm dry bed, Bliss compared to what I have just been through.

I looked around the kennel and looked at the piece of paper on my door.

“Name: …”

“Age: 2-3”

“Found in Bristol”

“Medical Conditions: None”

“READY TO BE RE-HOMED”

Sighing I finished off my food and then curled up in the bed and fell asleep, happy to feel the heat.