Chapter 28: Back to the Towers

Koda’s POV

My tail wagging side to side the nurse walking me through to the consultation room where Duncan was waiting for me. “Here we are boy your Dad is here” Leigh said to me soothingly as she opened the door and shut it behind us. “KODA!” Duncan cheered as I walked up to him, I would have run up to him if I hasn't been drugged up with pain killers. He got down on his knee and held my head in his large hands stoking me softly, apologising over and over again for letting me out of his sight, I just rolled my eyes, he was a massive softy. After saying my hello’s to Duncan I turned to say thank you to Leigh for looking after me so carefully, and she just stood there her eyes wide, oh…. she was a fan. I chuckled softly walking up to her and nudging her softly, she broke from her shock and looked down at me a huge smile on her face, then she went back into professional mode. 

“So Mr Jones, as the vet explained I will be nurse that comes to do the check ups on Koda, so if you phone once Koda is settled we can organise a time from me to come and check on him… So yea he may be a bit quieter than normal due to the painkillers but don’t hesitate to phone the practice if you are worried about anything” Leigh explained signing my discharge form and labelling my numerous medications. Duncan just looked at her and nodded but he obviously hadn't picking up on the nurse fan-girling inside. Picking up my medication and my lead Duncan smiled, “Lets get you home, I know someone is wanting to see you”.

Bonnie’s POV

I stood at the door of one of the spare offices in YogTowers and watched Lewis and Hannah place down blanket on blanket on blanket, until they had a well padded area for Koda to sleep on. Duncan had decided it would be best to have Koda stay in the office, it was easier due to the space available and it meant that someone would always be there to check on him and I was planning on staying here over night with him, meaning he would not need to alone during the night.

I turned on my paws and ran into Hannah’s office and picked up my original owl toy, which was still my favourite, even with all the toys I got from the Yogscast PO Box. I then ran back to Koda’s temporal home and placed the toy at Hannah’s feet. She chuckled lightly and smiled, “Aww Bon, is this for Koda to get better?” I barked lightly at her and she smiled again before placing it down beside the bed. Catching me off guard I jumped as I heard the main office door open. Koda!

Koda’s POV

With Duncan’s help I managed to get into the office and walked along the corridor, seems I was going to be in the office for a while until I healed. The painkillers had begun to wear off so I was beginning to feel the pain in my chest, and I was so tired from the journey, my injured lungs making it more difficult to get a full breath. However when I seen Bonnie run towards me the pain was put to the back of my mind.

“Koda!” she chimed her odd eyes glistening with tears, happy or sad… I couldn't tell?

“Hey Bon…” I said grinning as she nudged my neck carefully, her tenderness came as a pleasure after having the vet prodding me continuously with needles or his hands. I was so happy to see her without an injury seems she was going to be the one looking after me this time. She looked up at me her eyes shining full to bursting with tears. “I’m sorry”, she said followed by a long deep whine. 

Shaking my head I groaned with pain before looking her directly in the eyes, “I could never see you hurt, better me than you”. This was the last straw for her and the flood gates opened causing her to whimper into my neck. My eyes watered slightly resting my head on her shoulder, taking in her sweet scent, gently I whispered into her ear “As long as you are alright, I will survive”.

Authors Note

Slightly short chapter but I have Writers block. I just stuggle to keep ideas coming when I have 3 of my own fanfics plus two Collabs. One of which is with @ChatonAustralien and its called "Free as the Wind" and it's a Yog-fic with a twist. It's on our collab accout called 'Hoof and Paw' so check it out.

So any plot ideas for this Fic would be great. 

Thanks for your patience and support 

Love you all

~Leigh