Chapter 29: Nurse Check

Lewis's POV

It was great to have Koda back at the office but sadly it wasn't under favourable circumstances. The husky would just lie there, unmoving until his four legged nurse returned. Bonnie was the spark in Koda, whenever she was around him his tail would begin wagging and the pain in his eyes would be replaced by the spark of recognition. Bonnie herself has become his own personal nurse, she would do everything to help Koda keep comfortable and pain free. Everything from fetching water to alerting Duncan when it was time for Koda to take more medication. They were truly two peas in a pod.

It had become imposable for Hannah or I to cox Bonnie home after a long day, she would stand in the corridor looking at us but wouldn't move. We had wired a camera in Koda's room so we knew her reason for staying, she would lie at Koda's side all night, looking after him. She sure had a way with those that were injured, I was an example of that.

It had been a week since we got Koda back so we were expecting the nurses visit.

Becca's POV (Changed Name, more info in Authors Note)

Well.... Um.... Yea.... I didn't think in a million years that being a veterinary nurse would bring me to Yogtowers. I had been a fan for years and now here I was standing outside the office building. I clutched onto the strap of my bag which contained the needed medical supplies for Koda's condition. Taking a breath I walked into the building and talked to the receptionist who sent me in the right direction.

Any Yognau(gh)t would kill to be in my situation at the moment.

Bonnie's POV

I lay at Koda's side as he slept peacefully. His sleeping pattern was returning as his wounds healed, which was a relief as he wasn't sleeping to begin with. Nuzzling him softy I massaged his sides to which he moaned in content. My ears twitched as I heard the door buzzer go off, the noice echoing through the office. Slowly getting to my feet, I padded to the door and jumped up on the door to look out the window. There stood Becca, the nurse that cared for me in the vets and was coming for Koda's check up. I pressed my paw against the dog height door switch that allowed the nurse into the office.

Barking lightly, Becca smiled seeing me as she wanted the office. "Hey girl, I see you are doing well" she observed getting down on her knees so she could pet my head. Duncan came out his office and welcomed Becca to the office before leading her to Koda's office. I smiled to myself as I seen the blush in Becca's cheeks.

I ran after them as sat at Koda's side, whining softy to wake him up. Slowly his eyes opened and he stood up carefully and stretched.

"That's a good sign" Becca smiled taking out a few instruments that I couldn't quite explain.

Koda's POV

Sitting still I allowed the nurse to press my sides carefully. I was pleasantly surprised when no pain came, my tail showing the delight.

After doing her tests Becca smiled as petted my head and turned to Duncan, "He's doing great! Won't be long until he is back up and running about, just keep an eye out on any changes and phone if you are concerned". She then packed up her gear and as quickly as she came she was away, gaining a friendly hug from Duncan on her way out which she reacted by lighting up like a tomato.

I let my gaze fall to Bonnie who sat beside me, her tail tapping from one side of her body to the other. Slowly I nuzzled her with my snout and she giggled. I then stood dazed as she licked my grey and white muzzle, "I love you Koda" she said looking at me with those beautiful odd eyes. Giving her my signature toothy grin I chuckled, "I love you too Odd-Bod". This new nickname made her smile before she lay down and I followed resting my head on her shoulders. At peace. With my other half. The pup I love.

Author Note

Puppy love <3

Did a name change since I have a Leigh in my other Fic and it was just causing confusion and I didn't want to look self centred using my real name twice. Plus the Becca knows who she is :P Surprise!!!

Love you all

~Leigh xx