Chapter 24: Furry Hero

Lewis’s POV

“The council is ridiculous, I can’t believe they wouldn't let your sister keep Koda in her new house. But then again Bonnie seems star stuck” I smiled as Duncan sat down beside me. “Yea seems like it doesn't it” Duncan chuckled looking over at the two pooches who sat opposite each other, Bonnie held her head lower as she looked up at Koda. 

“Cute Doggy couple!” Simon inserted into the conversation. “Hey Simon want a Jaffa?” Smith offered handing him a single Jaffa cake, “Sure” he answered surely. Taking the Jaffa he took a normal Simon sized bite as the Hat Lads laughed away, “Oh dear….” I chuckled picking up a box of Bonnie’s dog Jaffa cakes. Simon looked at me wide eyes then continued to munch, “Not bad really…”

Koda’s POV 

“So…. um Bonnie, my Duncan had told me a lot about you but never told me how beautiful you were” Shit where did that come from, now I was the one blushing. But it was true she was a beauty. She looked down then back up at me, her odd eyes shining in the light. “So… how about a tour?” I finally managed to ask, my tail wagging slowly. “Sure” she replied a spark in her eyes as she got up and limped out of the room. I followed closely behind trying not to walk into her as she walked slowly along the corridor, whimpering every so often when she took a step. Examining her feet I saw the huge bandages on her paws, ‘Poor lass’  I thought to myself as we walking from one office to the next. We stopped at the Hat Films office and they treated us with lots of food and treats, definatly be going back there. Walking up to the next one I got a smell of something I knew; Cat!

 Bonnie’s POV

“Hey fire-wood” Lyndon chuckled as he sat at Nilsey’s door licking his paws. The black tom had never been friendly but now he had that evil nickname, he tormented me even more. I did my usual head tuck trying to walk past him without giving him eye contact, “Hey mutt were are you going?” Lyndon hissed swiping me with his paw. But instead of getting the contact from the cats paw there was nothing but a deep growl. I turned to see Koda pinning Lyndon to the floor, “What was that cat? Picking on someone who has a weakness, poor show” he growled as Lyndon looked up at him his eyes wide with fright. Koda then lifted his paw and Lyndon darted into Nilsey’s room his tail low. 

“Are you okay?”  

Snapping out of my daze I seen Koda looking at me, his blue eyes full of concern, “Um yea…” I managed to utter. “Good, that stupid cat won’t bother you now” he said with a toothy grin. “Thank you…” I said blushing. Had I finally found a Knight in fur armour?