#10 ; r.nelson EN

For my raisin -reisin

For my raisin -reisin ♡

IT WAS 4 P.M. Amandine sighed. It was snowing outside, and everyone was getting ready for Christmas Eve. She loved that time of the year, and she was happy because tonight, she was celebrating it with her family.

But something was bothering her.

She owned a flower shop and even though she had two employees, as every Friday, she was the one closing it. And every Friday, a cute guy was coming to buy a bunch of flowers.

The thing was, he was coming around the closure, at six. But today, it was Christmas Eve, and exceptionally, she was closing at five.

It was stupid. But she really wanted to see him. To spend a great Christmas, to spend a good weekend. She had to, it was the tradition. She couldn't leave today without seeing him. But she also promised her mom to help with the dishes for tonight, so she couldn't stay and pretend that she forgot.

Suddenly, she heard the door, and when she raised her head, she couldn't help but smile. He was here.
"Good evening," he smiled as well, and she couldn't think straight anymore.

"Uh, hi. Good evening."

He came closer to the counter.

"Do you want something particular today?"

She looked at him, waiting for the answer. Most of the time, he just wanted flowers, so she could choose the flowers by herself. But sometimes, he had conditions. He wanted roses, or a whole bunch around the color orange. She liked to be free to do whatever she wanted, but she also liked the challenges. He completely trusted her, and he never complained about anything, so she guessed that he liked what she was doing. And that the person it was for liked it as well. She didn't know who it was, but of course, she had an idea. He was pretty cute, and she knew that he was a football player. Amandine concluded that it was for his girlfriend. She wasn't really jealous. She didn't know him, after all. Or her, for what it matters. They may be very cute, and maybe she would ship them together. And she was just a girl working in a flower shop. Her opinion didn't matter.

"Not really."

She nodded and started to look at the flowers around her. She could do something with red flowers. After all, red was a Christmas color. She started to pick flowers and to arrange her bunch, focused. When she was creating, she didn't care about hot people or anything. It was not just her job, it was something that she loved to do.

The flowers were her friends.

After ten minutes, it was ready. She smiled, really proud, before giving it to the guy.

"Here. What do you think?"

"It's amazing. Thank you very much."

He paid for it, and she smiled. It was over already. Until next week.

"So, uh," he started, and she frowned. Why did he suddenly sound anxious? He was usually so joyful! "They are for you," he said, giving her the flowers, and she looked at him with big eyes.

"For...me?"

"Yes, for you," he nodded with a smile, and she took it, still not understanding what was going on.

"But...what about your girlfriend?" she said without thinking.

"My girlfriend? I don't have a girlfriend."

"Oh. I thought the flowers..."

"...Were for my girlfriend? Oh my God, no! They are for my mom. I see her every weekend and...this is a gift. She supported me all my life and I am who I am today thanks to her. And I don't just mean being a football player."

Yeah. Being cute as well.

"I kind of want to give you the bunch of flowers for several weeks but I...am a little shy, in case you didn't notice."
Amandine shrugged.

"I am even more shy."

"I beg to differ. I'm really shy."

"I'm like, really really really shy," Amandine insisted. "Plus, you gave me the flowers. Some of your shyness is gone."

"Okay, fine."

She smiled, happy, before looking at the flowers.

"Thank you. I really like it."

"Well, it's kinda stupid. I mean, you made it and now I give it to you, I--"

"That's even better. That way, I didn't expect it at all."

He looked at her, trying to see if she really meant it or if she was just being polite. But she seemed honest.

"I'm glad you like them."

She nodded, and he awkwardly shrugged.

"So, uh, I have to go."

"Oh, sure," she nodded again. "Merry Christmas, Reiss."

"Merry Christmas, uh.."

"Amandine."

"Merry Christmas, Amandine. I'll see you next Friday."

She smiled, and she started to frown when he didn't move from his spot. Finally, he moved, but he didn't do what she expected him to: he came closer and kissed her cheek before turning around and leaving the shop.

One thing was just, it was going to be a merry merry Christmas.

🎄 tomorrow: a football player from Paris Saint-Germain 🎄