#08 ; g. lo celso EN

For itsnearme just bc she loves Gio.

AMANDINE SIGHED, looking around her

AMANDINE SIGHED, looking around her. The airport was crowned, and her plane was in two hours. There was a lot of noise--people laughing out loud, children crying--and she was tired.

This year, her family had decided that it would be a great idea to celebrate Christmas in Paris. They had all left already, but she had to stay till the end of school because of her exams. So, here she was, on December 22th, waiting for a plane with a headache.

She looked at the big billboard announcing the flights. She took a while to find hers, and she frowned when she saw that it was not "on time" as any other flight, but "delayed."

Great.

She put her backpack on her back--her baggage were gone already--and walked closer.

"I hate my life," she mumbled and decided to go to the reception to have further information. "Good evening," she said politely, "how delayed is the flight to Paris, please?"

The lady smiled and looked on her computer before making a face.

"Uh...actually, it's canceled."

"Can--what?!" she exclaimed. "But why?"

"A problem with the plane."

"Excuse me, but there are tons of planes in the airport, a problem with one of them is not a reason to cancel the flight," someone talked, and Amandine put her hand on her mouth when she recognized him: Giovani Lo Celso. That is to say, one of her favorite players ever.

"Listen, you have to wait a little, they may find a way to fix the problem or offer you an alternative," the lady said, sorry, and since more and more people were coming to complain, Amandine decided to leave them alone to find a sit.

"Hey, uh, are you going to Paris as well?" Giovani followed her, and she shrugged.

"Apparently, I am not going anywhere right now."

He laughed, and she smiled. He was too cute to be true.

"I'm Giovani."

"I know who you are. I'm Amandine."

"You support PSG, right?"

"How do you know?"

"You don't look like a Betis' supporter and you know me," he shrugged, and she frowned.

"A lot of people know you without supporting one of these two clubs, you know. Why are you going to Paris? And from here? I mean, if you don't mind my asking--"

"Visiting some friends all around France. And then I'm supposed to be in Argentina for Christmas."

"If they keep delaying flights, I'm afraid it won't happen."

"Don't worry about that," he smiled, and Amandine shook her head.

He was really really too cute to be true.

"Since we're stuck here, let's grab some food?" he offered, and she nodded, smiling.

"Sure!"

They ended up at McDonald's, which was surpringly not that crowded. Ten minutes later, they were eating. Well, Giovani was. Amandine was looking at her phone every two minutes to check if they had news about the flight.

"You know, as someone who takes planes often, I can tell you that they will take some time to inform us of anything."

She sighed and took a French fries.

"I just don't want to spend Christmas Eve stuck here."

"You won't," he shook his head.

"How can you be so sure?" she shook her head.

"I just know it. Why are you going to Paris?"

"My family randomly decided to celebrate Christmas there," she shrugged, "I was actually pretty excited to go there."

"You know what? Let's talk about something else. Like football."

"France won 4-3 against Argentina. And Pavard scored the best goal of the competition."

"Thank you for the reminder," Giovani mumbled.

"My pleasure," Amandine smiled.

They finished their meal and ended up on sat the floor of the airport, playing rock, paper, scissors.

"I won again," she said, and he rolled his eyes.

"How do you do? Can you like, prevent my moves?"

Amandine laughed.

"No."

A phone vibrated, and Giovani took his out of his pocket, answering in Spanish. He hung up and looked at Amandine.

"My private plane just arrived, let's go."

"Wait, what?" she frowned.

"I'm taking you with me, we're going to Paris!" he smiled.

She thought that it was a joke, but it was not: twenty minutes ago, they were in Giovani's private plane with their baggage. And Amandine was shocked until they landed in Paris.

"We're really in Paris," she looked at the window, and he laughed.

"Of course we are. We are spending Christmas here, aren't we?"

"Thank you for bringing me here. How can I--"

"No, no, no, you don't owe me anything. Let's just said that it was a Christmas present."

She smiled, nodding.

But him taking her to Paris wasn't the Christmas present. Meeting him was.    

🎄 tomorrow: a player from Paris Saint-Germain 🎄