#07 ; o.dembélé EN

For ma petite queenpembe who wants Dembouz, Brittany and crepes reunited since forever.

ALEXIA SIGHED when she arrived in the candles section. She was doing her Christmas shopping, and one of her friends had specifically asked for candles. The thing was, she did not know anything about candles.

She sighed again and took one to smell it before frowning. It did not smell good. How was she supposed to choose between all those smells? Should she just take three randomly and pretend that she had thought about it seriously? After all, it was just a present, not a matter-of-life decision.

She put the candle back on the shelf and tried to find a sales assistant to help her. Maybe some advices could be useful. However, when she turned her head, she had to put her hand on her mouth not to scream: Ousmane Dembélé was currently smelling candles as well. In the same department store as her. On the same section as her.

How is that possible?

She tried to stay calm and took another candle to smell it, but she didn't have time to do so because suddenly, the lights went out.

"Oh shit, shit, shit, shit..." she heard Ousmane's voice, and she frowned.

"No need to panic, it's just a power failure."

"I'm scared of the dark."

"Wow, do you have a light comforter at Clairefontaine?"

"How..." he mumbled. "What are you talking about?"

"Let it go, I know you, Ousmane."

"How do you know it's me? It's pitch black and I'm black."

"I saw you before the light turned around."

"Why didn't you say hi? I am nice. And scared. Very scared. And when I'm scared I just talk and talk and t--"

"Ousmane."

"Distract me!"

"That sounded dirty, but okay," she said, sitting down. "Sit down. We are not gonna stay up all this time."

"All this time?! What do you mean by 'all this time'?! It's a matter of seconds, right?"

"Yeah, of course!" she said, but she had no idea.

He didn't answer and sat down next to her. She sighed, not knowing what to say.

"What are you doing here?"

"Buying candles."

She rolled her eyes even though he couldn't see her.

"You don't seem like a candle type of person, Ousmane."

"That's probably because the candles are for my mom."

"Aww, how sweet!"

"What about you? Wait, what's your name?"

"Well, it depends. Because I'd like to be your wife on day. Or Timothy Weah's. Or--"

"Do you wanna be everybody's wife?"

"Well...I mean I can't, it's France. I'm Alexia by the way. And I am buying candles for a friend but I think they all smell disgusting."

"So do I, to be honest."

"How are we gonna choose?"

"Randomly," he said, and she laughed. "Why are you laughing?"

"Nothing," she said, and there were a few minutes of silence. "Do you want a crepe?"

"What?" he asked.

"I have crepes in my bag. Do you want one?"

She couldn't see him, but he shook his head.

"You are one of a kind."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"Are you going to tell the media that I am scared of the dark?"

Alexia laughed.

"Why would I do that?"

"You could win money. It's a ridiculous fear."

"I don't need money, I have crepes on my bag. And we don't control our fears."

"What are you scared of?"

"Insects."

Ousmane burst out laughing.

"Stop laughing!" she mumbled, trying to hit him.

"Stop doing swift movements with your arms, it scares me!"

"Karma is a bitch," she said, and when she finally touched his face, the lights turned on again.

"I won!" she said before getting up, and Ousmane smiled.

"I thought you were like that just because we were in the dark but I was wrong."

"Oh, I am always like that," she shrugged, and he nodded.

"I see. Look, there's a section where they are making artisanal crepes, I used to come here a lot when I was still playing for Rennes. Wanna join?"

She frowned, looking at him.

"What about the candles?"

"Priorities, Alexia. First, the crepes, then, the candles."

"You're right," she nodded before following him.

Never in her life she thought that she would be eating crepes with Ousmane Dembélé instead of doing her Christmas shopping. But there she was. And after that, they tried their best to pick candles that didn't smell too bad before exchanging their numbers and leaving.

Alexia didn't dare texting him.

At Christmas, she received a text from Ousmane wishing her a merry Christmas full of crepes.

🎄 tomorrow: a player from Betis 🎄