#23 ; j.kimmich EN

"JOSHUA, CAN you serve the drink?" Robert asked him, putting a Christmas hat on Joshua's head

He nodded and went behind the improvised bar to help. Thiago and Corentin were here already, but the first one looked puzzled, and the other one was lost in his thoughts. Which was very funny, considering the fact that they also had Christmas hats on their heads--it seems to be the theme tonight.

"Thank God, Josh, you're here! I don't understand how to make a mojito, and the explanations are in Japanese," Thiago said, and Joshua frowned.

"Why did Mats buy bottles in which things are only written in a language that no one here speaks?"

"He may be 30 today, but he's still very stupid," Corentin shrugged.

"Need any help?" asked a voice, and Joshua immediately raised his head, recognizing Giuliana.

"Gi! Good to see you!" Thiago smiled, and Corentin hugged her, which of course, made Joshua very jealous. "You're still studying Japanese, right?"

"Yep," she nodded, and Corentin sighed.

"You're perfect."

Joshua decided to find something to keep himself busy--or he would walk to Corentin and take him away from Giuliana. And he would rather not make a scene at his friend and teammate's birthday party.

They managed to make a mojito, and Joshua was still busy putting the chips in order.

"Why are you jealous?"

He raised his head and looked at Guiliana, frowning.

"I am not jealous," he shook his head, and she rolled her eyes.

"You are. Why? You agreed when I said that we should take a break."

"And?" he laughed. "I agreed because what else could I do? You decided for the both of us."

"That's not true. I asked for you opinion."

"You were pretty convinced that it was the right thing to do. Maybe you had someone else in--"

"Don't finish that sentence, Joshua."

Joshua. Not Kimmie. Not Josh. But Joshua. It was just his name, but it reminded him that they were not together anymore.

"You seemed close to Corentin. I'm just asking."

"You think that I would do that to you?"

"Do what? Because you said it yourself, we're on a break."

"I could never date one of your teammates," she shook her head, and he bit his lip.

"You could. I wouldn't be mad at you. I mean Corentin is a really nice guy and--"

"I don't see him like that. At all."

"You don't have to say that just to--"

"Shut up Josh!" she raised her voice, and everyone around looked at them. She took him by his wrist, and they entered the kitchen of the community center, which was empty. "I don't wanna date him!"

"Then why did you break up with me?"

"Because it was too hard!" she said before putting her hands on her face, regretting her words already.

"What?" he asked, and that's when she started to cry. "No, no, no, Prinzessin please don't cry, we're at Mats' birthday party and everyone should be happy."

"I can't deal with all these people and their opinions and them saying that I'm not enough for you and--"

"I told you not to read the papers."

"I read the papers, I read them all and I also looked up for my name on social media and that's why I decided that we needed a break, because I wanted to give you a chance to find someone like you."

"Someone like me?"

"Someone famous and rich and I don't know, someone in their standards."

"So all these people that we don't know can decide whom I can date? Don't you think that I should date someone in my standards? Someone who makes me happy? Cause at the end of the day, when we throw the papers away and we turn off our phones, they are not here to decide if you are "enough." I am. And you're definitely enough. More than enough."

She nodded quietly, and he took her chin in his hands to raise her head so he could look at her in the eyes.

"I am in love with you and no one can change that."

She nodded again and he kissed her forehead.

"Are you still reading all these bullshit?"

"No. Not since I broke up with you."

"Don't ever read it again. Please."

"I'm sorry," she said, and he shook his head.

"What if we try again but slowly?" he offered, and she nodded.

"Yes. I would like that."

"You have to promise not to hide things like that to me. We are a team, okay?"

"Well, if we are completely honest, Corentin is actually really cute."

Joshua pretended to be offended, and she smiled.

"You have a thing for Bayern's players."

"Indeed. I am in love with the number 32."    

🎄 tomorrow: the cutest OS in here that's all I can say (but I'm biased)🎄