#04 ; e.mor EN

EMRE SIGHED, sitting down on his couch

EMRE SIGHED, sitting down on his couch. This morning was his last training before the holiday, and he had mixed feelings about it. He was happy because he was finally able to rest, but he loved football so much that he knew that in a few days, he will miss it already.

Plus, he had to prepare his stuff to rejoin his family, so, he didn't really have much time to rest for now.
However, he decided to offer himself a few hours--let's say, just the time to watch a movie.

He put Netflix on and started to look for something interesting to watch--maybe he should ask people on Twitter for a good movie?--, but he frowned when he smelled something.
It kinda smelled like popcorn...but burnt popcorn.

He didn't even have popcorn in his house--it was not like he was allowed to eat something like that--, so it was not here. And maybe it wasn't popcorn.

He decided to ignore it and kept looking for a good movie, but the smell was becoming stronger and stronger: he couldn't ignore it anymore.

He turned the TV off and got up to open his door. And that's when he saw all the smoke on the corridor, coming for the apartment in front of his.

Less than a minute later, he was knocking at the door with his shoes on and his keys in the hand.

The door opened on a small girl who looked panicked, with flour in her blonde hair.

"Hi? I'm kinda busy so..."

"Is there a fire?" he asked, and she shook her head, turning red.

"No! I burnt cookies, so there's a lot of smoke and I don't know what to do anymore," she said, looking like she was desperate.

"Can I come in?"

"Sure," she nodded vividly, and the first thing he did was to open all the windows.

"You're lucky that the alarm didn't turn on," he noticed, and she nodded.
He looked at the cookies and couldn't help but burst out laughing when he saw them.

"Don't laugh!" she crossed her arms.

"They are completely black. How did this happen? Did you forget them in here?" he pointed at the oven, and she groans.

"No, I didn't. They just looked like they weren't totally ready yet so I added ten extra minutes."

"Have you ever baked cookies?"

"No," she mumbled.

"I can see that," he smiled, "but you're lucky because cookies happen to be my favorite recipe."

"You? You can bake?" she asked.

"Why couldn't I? I may open a bakery one day."

"Aren't you a football player?" she wondered, and he nodded, smiling.

"So you know me!"

She shrugged.

"I was born and I grew up in Dortmund, and my family still live there so when I visit, I have to sit and watch the match while hearing everyone's opinion on the last transfer market. They were sad to see you leaving, by the way."

"I was sad to see me leave too," he laughed, "but I needed more playing time. Anyway, you're lucky today because you have the one and only Emre Mor to bake cookies with you."

"Okay," she nodded, "well, I, Isabella Fuentes, will be your commis chef."

"My what?"

"Your apprentice. You lack vocabulary."

"I'll teach you to bake, you'll teach me vocabulary," he smiled, and she raised an eyebrow.

"It was smooth."

"It's another one of my talent, but I can't tell you more, otherwise you'll know everything about me already. Where is the flour?"

They spent the next two hours baking cookies, and he even taught her how to bake the frosting.

"Put them in the fridge, and they'll be perfect in a few hours," Emre advised her, "who are they for?"

"My family," Isabella shrugged.

"Your family? Like, the people that are fans of me? Oh my God. They better be good."

Isabella laughed before taking two cookies from the fridge, giving one to Emre. "We should count to three before trying them."

"Why?"

"Well you know, it's like the Hunger Games, at least if it's poisonous we'll both die at the same time."

"Okay," she nodded and counted to three before biting into her cookie, "it's good, they are gonna like it," she confirmed, and he smiled.

"Great! Next time, I'll teach you to bake one of my mom's recipes from Denmark but you'll have to teach me vocabulary."

"Sure, after the holiday," she smiled, and he nodded, "do you want some cookies?"

"No, don't worry," he shook his head, "have fun with your family."

"You too."

And they but did have fun with their families. But when they came home, the first thing they thought of when they walked past each other's door was that they couldn't wait for their next meeting.    

🎄 tomorrow: a player from Paris Saint-Germain 🎄