#24 ; draxembe EN

"DAD? DAD

"DAD? DAD. Dad. Dad. Daaad. Daaaaad."

Presnel put his face out of his pillow, sighing. It was the first day of their Christmas vacation, but apparently, sleeping late wasn't on the schedule.

"Ju. She's calling you."

"No, you."

"You're the one that she calls Dad."

Julian turned around, rolling his eyes.

"She calls you Dad as well."

"You know what, you go and if she is calling me, you tell me," Presnel decided before putting his head back on his pillow, and Julian sighed.

"I'll tell her that you're a unworthy father."

Julian got up and left the room that he shared with Presnel before entering his their daughter's.

"Dad!" she clapped when she saw him entering the room, and he smiled. She got up and stretched out her arms, and Julian took her directly in his arms. She was always cute, but she didn't have any concurrence when she was wearing that Christmas pajamas.

"Good morning, baby."

"Dad," she repeated, putting her head in his neck, and Julian smiled from ear to ear. Since she had learned that word, she was repeating it on a loop. And he was not getting tired of hearing it.

He took the little girl's cuddly toy before leaving the room to go back to his and Presnel's bedroom. The latter was still half asleep, but he smiled when he saw Julian and the little girl sitting on the bed with him.

"Hey, you," he sat down to play with his daughter's hair, "since you have got up for her, I'll prepare breakfast."

Julian nodded and turned the TV on, which was airing another Christmas movie. Ten minutes later, they were sat on the bed, eating breakfast.

"We should calm down with that, she will start to think that it's normal to eat in bed like that in the morning," Julian sighed, looking at the kid who was peacefully drinking his baby bottle into Presnel's arms this time.
The latter laughed.

"I don't mind it becoming an habit."

They ate in silence, and Julian broke the silence.

"Presnel."

"Yeah?" he looked at Julian, who smiled.

"I want another child."

He didn't really know how Presnel was going to react--was he ready for one more responsibility, did he feel able to do it, did he want to?

"With me?" Presnel mumbled, and Julian stared at him, lost.

"Uh...of course, with who else?"

"But, I...you..."

Presnel sighed, looking at their daughter.

"I run away every time I don't like to do something, and you're the one doing the dirty work each time. When we have to change her diapers, when she was waking up in the middle of the night...all the time. And I know it, and so do you. And we both know that even if I try my best, I'll never completely get rid of that bad habit. Why do you want to live that again?"

"Because I don't mind doing all these things that you hate. And you always find a way to make up for it. For example, by making breakfast. Or by giving her her bath, see, you're having fun doing that, when I am annoyed because there's water everywhere. The fact that you don't get up to take her out of her bed doesn't make you a bad father."

Presnel nodded, in his thoughts.

"Would you like to have a girl or a boy?" he finally asked, and Julian smiled.

"I don't mind," he shrugged. "A healthy kid. What about you?" he asked, still not knowing what Presnel thought of his idea.

"Another girl."

"Really?" Julian asked, surprised by the fact that he accepted that fast, and Presnel frowned.

"Yes. Why? Do you think that I should want a boy?"

"No," he laughed, "I was surprised that you wanted another kid. I know that you want a girl."

"Do you?" Presnel frowned.

"Girls love their dads."

"But, Ju, she has two dads. She doesn't have any other choice."

Julian shrugged.

"She could ask us for a mom. Maybe she will do it when she'll go to school and will see that the other kids have moms."

Presnel shook his head, taking Julian's hand into his.

"Never. She will never ask that. There are a lot of things that I run away from, but I'll never let her think that our family isn't normal, that not having a mom is not normal. Because she has two dads who love her more than anything and she'll never have to ask herself about that. And even though she doesn't understand when I tell her every night before sleep how we adopted her, one day she will, and everything will make sense in her head."

Julian shook his head before kissing his boyfriend.

"And you dare to ask me why I want another child with you."

🎄 posting this early bc its Christmas eve today. Enjoy your day guys!!! See you tmr (not for an OS tho) 🎄