#03 ; c.tolisso EN

LOANA NEVER liked to shop for Christmas food

LOANA NEVER liked to shop for Christmas food. Buying gifts was fine. She knew that it was going to make someone happy, and it was different presents every year. But the food was always the same. And this year, she didn't really want to go.

She was with Zakari during the two last Christmas meeting, so no one was asking here "when was she going to date someone." But this year, no more Zakari.

This break up was everything but dramatic. She wanted to start a family, he didn't. And she respected his choice, which is why they broke up.

Loana sighed when she arrived in the Yule log section.

"Loana?"

She turned around slowly, knowing that it was Zakari's voice.

"How are you doing?" he asked as if they were still acquaintances even though they haven't seen each other since the breakup, three months ago.

"Uh...good, you? she asked politely--she actually didn't care at all--, and he laughed.

"You don't seem good."

She stared at him, not saying a word.

"You miss me too much, is that the problem?" he kept on going, and she understood that he was not jumping on conclusions. He was completely inventing a story.

"Look, I thought about it..."

Bad news.

"You know, we broke up stupidly. I mean, you want kids now, I don't, is that a reason to break up? I thought that, if you want, I can make you pregnant, you deliver the kid, and you take care of it. We pretend that it's not mine, and I ignore it."

"You're really ins--"

"Hey, babe, is everything okay?"

Loana took a few seconds to realize that the man was talking to her since she didn't know him at all.

"Hello, who are you? Who's that guy, babe?" he kept talking, and then, Loana understood that he was saving him from this awful situation.

"He's an old friend," she said, smiling at the man, who offered his hand to a shocked Zakari.

"Loana, you're dating Corentin Tolisso?"

"Yes," she said as if it was completly logical, and Zakari shook his head.

"Well, I...let you finish your shopping. Merry Christmas."

And he left. Loana sighed, relieved.

"Thank you very much, how can I thank you for doing that?"

"You're welcome," he shrugged. "I didn't hear the whole conversation, but what I heard was enough to intervene.

She nodded.

"But don't worry, I don't need anyth--actually, uh...are you busy on Christmas Eve?"

"No," she shook her head. Her family was having Christmas lunch on Christmas Day to exchange the gifts and to eat.

"It's really weird, but I also need someone to take date me in my family's eyes, so..."

🎄

This is how Loana ended up at Corentin Tolisso's parents on Christmas Eve. Surprisingly, his family reacted exactly like hers when he introduced Zakari to them: comments on the fact that he was finally dating someone. But she was well welcomed, as if they knew her for a long time, as if she was one of them.

"You okay?" Corentin's voice asked for being her back, and she turned around, surprise. She had left on the balcony so they could stay together--after all, she was a fraud--, she didn't expect him to follow her.

"Yep," she said, and he came closer, hugging her.

"They are watching," he explained, and she nodded. "Are you having a good evening?"

"They are really nice. All of them."
Corentin smiled.

"They can recognize people who are good for me at one glance."

She frowned and when she took a step back to ask him what he meant, she didn't have time to talk; Corentin kissed her. She kissed him back and broke the kiss, putting his forehead against Loana's.

"Are they still looking?" she asked before turning her head to the French door...and realizing that no one was watching. There were big black blinds, making impossible for the people inside to see anything. She looked back at Corentin, who was looking at the ground. "Why did you do that?"

"Because I wanted to," he answered honestly, and he sighed when he saw that she was shaking her head. "I'm sorry, I know that we don't know each other but I..."

"I dated Zakari for three years and even though I'll never date him again, I...I need some time for...myself.

"I have all my time," Corentin shrugged, and she smiled.

"You shouldn't say this kind of things that you may regret."

"Want to bet?" he offered her his hand defiant, and she laughed.

"Is it a bet or a promise?"

"See it as you want. My family adopted you already, and I have all my time."

Maybe that doing Christmas shopping for food wasn't that repetitive after all.    

🎄 tomorrow: a player from Celta Vigo🎄