#14 ; a.areola EN

"I'M REALLY sorry

"I'M REALLY sorry."

Morgane ignored him.

"Mo? I said that I'm sorry."

"I heard it, Alphonse."

The French goalkeeper sighed, looking at his hand. It was probably broken. Which was a little bothering for his job.

"I'll be back on the field in like, two months top. It's no big deal."

"Right."

He sighed again.

"Why are you mad?"

"Because as usual, you decided that you can do everything."

"I was trying to help you!"

"I could have done it by myself."

Alphonse opened his mouth to answer before shaking his head.

"I was just trying to help you," he repeated, "as a family."

She sighed after hearing those words. He was using this excuse a lot these days, probably because he knew how important it was for her.

"I want us to have the best Christmas possible," he added, and she knew that he meant it. This was her first Christmas with Alphonse, her first Christmas without her parents.

"We will have a merry Christmas. But you'll have a broken hand."

He laughed, and she smiled. At least, she wasn't mad anymore.

Alphonse's phone started to ring, and he groaned when he saw that it was Marrion calling.

"Yes?" he snapped, and Morgane rolled her eyes. "Can't you--Marrion, I'm at the hospital. Wh--"

He frowned and looked at the screen: she had hung up while he was still talking to her.

"I hate her."

"Don't say that."

"I am saying that now because she is dropping the girls here and once they'll be here, I won't say it anymore."

"Wait, what? You said that you were at the hospital, and she still wants you to take care of the girls?"

"She said she has a date," he rolled his eyes.

"Maybe she really does," Morgane frowned, and Alphonse shrugged.

"I don't care anymore. She is just mad because she still thinks that I broke up with her to be with you."

"She cheated on you before that," Morgane raised an eyebrow, and Alphonse sighed.

"Took me a long time to realize how self centered she is."

They stayed quiet until Marrion entered, Ayleen-Grace and Aymma-Lyse following.

"Dad!" the latter said--one of the only word she could say for now--while Ayleen-Grace was hugging Morgane.

"Hello Morgane," she whispered into the hug, and Morgane smiled.

Marrion glared at them, but she didn't make any comments. She didn't like Morgane--mostly because she hated the fact that her ex-husband was now dating a nineteen-year-old. And that her daughters loved her very much.

Marrion left, and that's when the doctor arrived to examine Alphonse's hand.

"Go, I'll stay with the girls," Morgane smiled, and Alphonse felt guilty, but he didn't have any other choice.

He had an X-ray to determine if it was broken or not, and the verdict was clear: his hand was broken. The doctor got a cast on it.

"What happened? It was not during training, right?"

"No, no, it was not. I just...tried to carry a Christmas tree and it fell on my hand."

"I see. Be more careful next time."

The doctor finally let him go, and he found Morgane and the girls still at the same place. Aymma-Lyse was into Morgane's arms, half asleep, while Ayleen-Grace was explaining something to her while making moves. Alphonse smiled. He was so proud to see his daughters being that close to Morgane. He knew that they couldn't really understand what was happening yet, but they loved her and it was all that mattered.

"Hey," he said when he came closer, "let's go."

Once in the car, Aymma-Lyse felt completely asleep, but Ayleen-Grace wasn't tired at all.

"Morgane, are you gonna be there for Christmas?"

"Yes."

"Of course she will," Alphonse added: he wanted his daughters to understand that it was the normal thing now. "It's gonna be us four, and also grandpa and grandma."

"But Morgane, your mom and your dad won't be there?"

"No, they won't," she said, biting her lip. "They are angry at me, so they are not talking to me for now."

"Angry! What did you do?" the little girl asked, surprised.

"They...don't understand that I love your dad and that we are going to have a baby."

"What? But it's so cool to have a baby! They are weird. But it's okay, because my baby sister and I will have one grandpa and one grandma that are the same, and me, and Aymma-Lyse, and you two."

She smiled, and if she wasn't driving, she probably would have hugged her.

"I love you," Alphonse said, and Morgane took several seconds to realize that he was talking to everyone in this car.    

🎄 Demain : un joueur du FC Barcelone 🎄