#11 ; c.nkunku EN

For -dybalia bc the prompt that I found on tumblr was clearly made for her

"CÉLIA, YOU're late!"

"I know, I'm sorry," she said, trying to tie her apron as fast as possible before looking at the line. "Next customer, please!"

She smiled when she saw who it was: Christopher Nkunku, her favorite football player. He was coming here every morning and ordered a frappucino no matters the weather.

Most of the time, she was the one serving him, so, a few weeks ago, she started to do something...unexpected. Instead of writing his name on the drink, she wrote pickup lines. She was kinda disappointed, because for now, he acted as if nothing abnormal was happening, but she had hope. One day, he was going to make a comment about it.

As usual, he ordered a frappucino, and he told her that his name was "Christo." She made it before writing 'Be my speaker, I'll be your Kimpembe.'

"Thank you," he smiled, and she smiled back.

"Have a good day!"

He left, and she kept smiling, proud of her.

🎄

The next day, there were a lot of people when Christopher arrived at the Starbucks. Célia's line was longer than the other one, but he took place behind her line. When it was finally his turn, she said:

"The other line was faster, you know."

"I know. But I like how you make frappucinos better."

She raised an eyebrow, surprised. She didn't think there was any difference between hers and others.

"Right," she nodded, before making his coffee, writing another pickup line on it.

Once again, he didn't say anything about it. But Célia knew he liked it.

🎄

Two days later, he was back on her line. The problem was that Célia didn't feel really well.

"You should take a break," her boss said, and Célia shook her head.

"I'm fine!"

It was a lie. She felt like she was going to faint and it was too hot in there.

"Hi!" she smiled at Christopher, who frowned.

"Hey, uh, your nose is bleeding."

"My wh--" she put her hand on her nose and realized that indeed, it was bleeding. "Shit," she mumbled even though it was forbidden to swear in front of the clients.

She took a piece of paper and put it on her nose, before taking a cup for the frappuccino.

"My name is still Christo," he said, and he nodded.

"I can't write on it with only one hand," she noticed, and he shrugged.

"Give it to me," he said, and she hesitated before giving him the cup and the pen. "What should I write?"

"You just said your name was Christo," she raised an eyebrow, and he smiled.

"C'mon, you never write my name on those. So tell me what you were actually going to write."

She smiled.

"I was gonna write 'your smile is brighter than Kanté's.'"

Christo nodded before writing it on the cup.

"Thank you very much! You really should take a break, though."

"Uh, yeah. I need some fresh air."

She warned her boss that she was going outside and took her jacket. When she came back, she was surprised to see that Christopher was still here.

"Do you need something else?" she asked, and he shook his head.

"I was just waiting for you."

"Don't you have training?" she frowns, walking towards the door, and he followed her, walking next to her.

"Not today. We are flying tonight to Belgrade."

"Oh, right."

"How's your nose?" he frowned, and she took the paper away to see if it was still bleeding. "Good, it stopped. Are you feeling better? You should eat some sugar just in case, to make sure that you don't faint."

"Are you a doctor now?" she mocked, and he laughed.

"Just worried for my favorite barista."

"We all make the same frappuccino, you know."

"Oh, I know. But when I say that my name is Christo, the other ones actually write it down on the cup."

"To be honest, I'm running out of pick up lines," she said sadly, and he laughed.

"How did you get all that inspiration? You've been doing that for months now!"

"I don't know. It came naturally when I see your face."

"So what? Did I become ugly?"

"That's never gonna happen," she shook her head, and he smiled.

"You know what? When I come back from Belgrade, you'll write your number on the cup instead of the pick up line. And we could...text each other to find a date for a date. Pun not intended."

"Are you saying that you want to go on a date with me? Because that's what I heard and I don't think that--"

"You heard correctly. Do we have a deal?"

"We do," she smiled, and he smiled back.  

🎄 tomorrow: a player from Paris Saint-Germain 🎄