Part 20

Saturday (8pm-ish)
Arabella's POV

Saturday (8pm-ish)  Arabella's POV

10min. 11421 likes

Dailydanceupdates: The final draft for the entires for nationals have just been released and we now know the schedule, and 4 time national winner- Juliet Doherty- has now entered. You all heard it hear first.
Will she be our 5th time national winner?

I sigh and close Instagram. This pressure is enough to break someone. With nationals and the auditions for next year on my mind and school on top of that, there's no telling when I might just break.

I place my phone onto one of the shelves while it continues to play my audition music.

I get to the fouetté turns and know that I have to do 32 of them perfectly. I focus completely and put my everything into it, only managing to do 27 before suddenly getting distracted by loud music coming from downstairs causing me to loose my balance so I stumble out of my turns.

I lean over and place my hands on my knees while I rest for a bit, catching my breath.

I stand up straight before shouting at the top of my voice "Shawn, turn down the music! I'm practicing."

I groan and walk to the shelf to grab a sip of water before going back to the center of my studio and trying once again.

Come on Arabella, if you can't nail this, you won't be able to do that audition and won't get into the Royal Ballet in London!

I mentally groan before starting once again. Finally I get closer and closer to my goal as I go on, 28,29,30. Once I know I have two more I get excited, but of course  the music has to start blaring louder than it was.

I get distracted once again, forgetting to spot the wall in front of me, causing me to fall out of my turns and flat onto the floor. I give up and lie complete on the floor in pain and defeat while the song changes to love on the brain, a contemporary song on my playlist.