Chapter 41

About nine o'clock, Quil and Embry decided to head home. They didn't want to leave us, but Embry had midnight patrol, and Quil promised his Grandpa that he'd bring an update back to the reservation.

At nine thirty, there was a knock on the door causing both Jake and I to tense up. He relaxed when he realized that it was just Seth and Sue.

"How're you doing?" Sue asked, hugging me tightly like I imagined a loving mother would.

"Bad," Jake said. I just nodded in agreement.

"It gets better," she said. I nodded, but our conversation ended as Seth pulled me into a hug.

"We were worried about you girlie," Seth said, hugging me tightly.

"Thanks Seth," I said, returning to my seat with Jake the second that we pulled apart from our hug.

"Seth, you can sleep in Bella's old room if you want. Dad put a bed spread in there for you or Leah to use," I said. Seth looked like he was about to pass out on my couch. He needed some sleep, but I knew he wouldn't take me up on the offer.

"No thanks. I'll be okay here," he said, readjusting himself so he was comfortable on the couch. I rolled my eyes at him, but didn't push the issue any.

"Babe, why don't we head upstairs so you can get some sleep?" Jake suggested.

"I wanna wait up for Dad," I said, but I was exhausted from today.

"I'm sure he'll wake you up when he gets home either way," Jake said.

"I wanna stay here Jake," I said. He nodded and cuddled closer to me.

We were laying on the couch, and Seth was trying to cram his huge frame on the loveseat. Sue had disappeared off, probably to do some laundry or something similar.

"Jake," I said softly after a while.

"What's up baby?" He asked, looking down at me instead of at the TV.

"I love you," I said softly, feeling the need to remind him yet again.

"I love you too baby. I love you too," he said. He pressed his lips to my forehead gently.

It was close to two o'clock in the morning when Dad got home. I had fallen asleep due to pure exhaustion, but Jake was still awake.

"Allie," Dad said, waking me up. I instantly jumped up and hugged him.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you too," he said, holding me tightly for a second. "I'm so happy you're okay."

"Physically at least," Jake said.

"Stop being Mr. Downer," I said.

"He's right. The principal and guidance counselor want you to go to therapy, but we can talk about it in the morning. Go up stairs and get some sleep," Dad said.

"I love you," I said softly.

"I love you too," he said. Jake got up from the couch and we headed upstairs. We got into my bed, cuddling under my anxiety blanket instead of anything that was super warm.

"Babe, I think therapy would be good for you," Jake said.

"I don't want to go talk to some stranger about my feelings," I said.

"We can talk about it tomorrow babygirl," Jake said, kissing my head.

"I love you Jacob Ephraim," I said softly.

"I love you too Alessandra Mae," he said.