Chapter 58

"Leah, wanna go shopping?" I asked.

"What?" She responded.

"Hadley and I are leaving in a few hours with Seth and Jake to go to Port Angeles and go through what's left of the Black Friday Sales," I said. "Wanna come with?"

"Um, not really my scene," she said.

"That's fine. Just figured I'd offer," I said. "I'm going to go get ready."

"Sounds good," she said as she sat down on the couch with her cell phone.

I headed upstairs and sat down in front of my mirror. Seth had gone to see Hadley, but God only knows where Jake had disappeared to. I began to do my makeup subtly as my curling iron heated up beside me.

It didn't take long before my hair and makeup were done and I was pulling on some black skinny jeans and a baby pink long sleeve sweater. I slid into some baby pink Converse as well before bouncing down the stairs to where Jake was waiting for me.

"There she is," he said, kissing my cheek quickly.

"It's about time y'all head out," Dad said, chuckling a little at how long it took me to get ready. For the record, it only took an hour, which isn't long at all.

"We'll see you later," I said, hugging my parents goodbye before heading out with Jake. He got into the driver's seat of my car and I got into the passenger seat. We both agreed that Hadley and Seth would survive sitting in the back seat.

"You look very pretty," Jake said as he drove.

"Thanks," I said.

"No, really, you look amazing," he said.

"Thank you Jake," I said, holding his hand as he drove.

When we picked Seth and Hadley up, our peaceful, lovely silence was ruined by their school yard giggles. I didn't say anything though because I knew Jake and I were just as bad when we first got together.

"Where do we wanna go?" Jake asked as he drove.

"The mall," I said. There was only one mall in Port Angeles, but it was decent enough.

"The mall sounds great," Seth said in agreement.

"Oo, yeah, let's go get makeup," Hadley said causing me to laugh in agreement as the guys groaned.

Hadley and Seth started a conversation between themselves, so Jake and I went back to enjoying our peacefulness.

"I love you Jake," I muttered as my eyes closed, the car's motions causing me to fall tired.

"I love you too princess," he said.

I looked over at him, but his eyes stayed trained on the road ahead of us. He focused intently on driving, yet his face stayed slack so I knew he wasn't overly focused. His jawline was relaxed yet still prominent under his perfect russet skin. His dark hair was starting to get a little shaggy, so I knew he was in need of getting a cut soon.

"Babe, I can feel you staring at me," Jake said. I shifted a little, uncomfortable about getting caught.

"You're very attractive," I said. "I can't help it."

"You're adorable," he said, glancing at me for less than half a second as he brought my hand to his lips. He peppered the back of my hand with kisses as we finally reached Port Angeles.

We spent the whole afternoon shopping for Christmas presents and occasionally for ourselves. I was just glad to have my friends together and out doing something fun, even if Quil and Embry weren't there. I did, however, notice their absence and take a mental note about hanging out with them soon.