Chapter 50

When we arrived back at my house, Dad and Sue were there, hanging out and talking as Sue made dinner for us.

"How was school?" Dad asked as he hugged me. Ever since the shooting, he's hugged me everyday when I get home.

"Pretty good. A little stressful, but still, it's getting a lot better," I said.

"That's good. Really good. Do you have everything you need for tomorrow?" He asked.

"Yes, and Hadley is coming down about 12:00 to get ready. We're taking pictures about 4:00. Then we're having dinner with Seth and Jake before the dance starts at 7:00," I said.

"Okay. I have tomorrow off of work. Are Jake and Seth getting ready here as well?" He asked.

"I assume so," I said.

"And Quil and Embry will meet us at the dance," Jake said, joining us and wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Right, because the rez school co-ops sports, so we merged dances as well," Dad said.

"Yes," I said. "I'm going to go get ready for the game. I will see you when dinner is done."

"Sounds good," he said.

"Oh, we have to pick Hadley up at 6:00. Sue, I hope that doesn't mess up your dinner time," I said.

"Of course not dear. I figured you'd wanna leave early anyways," she said. I hugged her quickly as I thanked her before I headed up to my bedroom with Seth and Jake following me.

Seth threw himself down on my bed as Jake took a seat in the chair and I sat at my vanity.

"Seth, please be nice to my stuff," I said.

"Yes ma'am," he said, reaching up to touch my fairy lights that hung around my bed.

"You make those fall and we will have issues," I said.

"Okay, I'll be a nice little brother and not bother your lights," he said.

"Stop acting like your five," I said.

It genuinely made my heart happy that Seth thought of us as siblings. I've always wanted a sibling, the kind that likes me and wants what is best for me. I have a sister, but she has never and will never care about me. Seth and Leah on the other hand, jumped at the opportunity to take me in as their sibling.

"What's the plan for after the dance?" Seth asked.

"Dad said we can use his hunting cabin. It's about an hour out of town, but it's something. We can head out there and hang out for the night," Jake said, looking at me with a smirk. I rolled my eyes at him as I brushed my hair so I could put two French braids in it.

"You mean, Hadley and I hang out while you two and Q and Emb have sex?" Seth asked.

"I guess we'll see where tomorrow takes us," I said in response. Seth groaned in annoyance and rolled onto his stomach as he placed his hands over his ears and began singing.

"La la la la," he sang. "I don't wanna know if you're fucking. La la la."

"That's a beautiful song," I said. Jake was laughing at Seth.

"Okay, changing the subject now," Seth said.

Soon enough, I fixed my face paint and convinced Seth and Jake to let me put some on them. About the time I finished with Jake's, Sue yelled for us to eat.

"Perfect timing," I said, standing up and heading down to get dinner with the boys.

We all ate at the dining room table like a family, which was odd to me because Dad and I have always eaten at the table in the kitchen if we ate at a table at all.

After dinner, I ran around like a maniac trying to find my hoodie and varsity jacket. I grabbed my school beanie while I was at it because it might get cold.

"Allie, I'm leaving you," Seth yelled as I ran down the stairs.

"Good thing you aren't driving young one," I said.

"Have fun. Be safe. We'll see you at the game," Dad said, hugging me.

"We will. I love you," I said.

"Love you too," he said. We headed out, piling into my car because it had a little more leg space in the back.

Seth was practically bouncing off the walls by the time we got to Hadley's. I knew they were getting close, and his imprint reaction to her was adorable.

"Hey everybody," she said, getting in the backseat with Seth.

"Hey girl," I said. Jake said a quick hey before pulling out of her driveway and heading down to the school. Luckily we were there pretty early, so we got really good seats in the bleachers and wouldn't get stuck standing with the other students who wouldn't show up until halftime.

"Allie, how are you doing?" Miss J, the cheer coach and my freshman English teacher asked.

"I'm great. How're you?" I asked. Jake wrapped his arm around my waist, holding me next to him tightly.

"I'm doing amazing. Who's this?" She asked.

"This is my boyfriend Jake. Jake, this is Miss J. She taught me freshman year," I said.

"It's nice to meet you ma'am," he said.

"You as well dear," she answered.

"The games about to start, but I just wanted to let you know that I have tissues with me for the memorial, and if you ever need some place to go where it's safe to cry, my door is open," she said. I nodded and thanked her before she headed off.

"You going to be okay babe?" Jake asked as I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"I should be," I said.