ch. 2

Jughead picked up a book. It had a black leather cover, it was quite small, and had a lock attached to it.

He was too curious to put it back, so he looked for the key to unlock it.

×××

Unfortunately, after an hour of looking, he couldn't find it. He looked everywhere. Even out of the room.

"Jug!" Betty called, "I found something!"

He placed the book on the desk, and went over to where Betty was.

She held up a piece of paper, labelled Schedule.

November 10th to 17th : Visit New York - need time by myself
It read.

"Turns out she's just in New York." Betty leaned on the dinner table.

"Psh. Staying til' Archie gets out of jail my ass." Jughead crossed his arms.

"Oh c'mon, give her a break." Betty said. "Anyways, wanna go to Dilton's bunker?"

Jughead nodded. "Sure."

He followed the blonde, walking out the door. But before he got out, he swiftly ran to Veronica's room, grabbing the mysterious book, and ran back.

×××

Betty sat on the bed, in the bunker. Whilst Jughead was trying out different kinds of tools to unlock the lock.

"What are you doing?" Betty asked, walking over to him.

"Trying to open this book." Jughead answered.

"May I see it?" Betty questioned.

Jughead nodded, handing the book over.

She took a bobby pin out of her pocket, and unlocked the lock in no time.

Jughead snatched it from her hands, immediately opening it to the first page.

--
This is a personal journal, belonging to Veronica C. Lodge
--

"What is it?" Betty asked.

"Oh, it's just a book for studying." Jughead lied. He knew that if he told the truth, Betty would want him to take it back.

Betty walked back to the bed.

Jughead placed the book on the table, then got in bed with Betty, drifting off to sleep.

×××

Jughead was at a booth, in Pop's.

He brought Veronica's personal book along with him. He was reading it whilst eating.

--
Day 1

Betty convinced me to make a personal journal. She said it'll help me through my troubles. Anyways, my name is Veronica Lodge. My boyfriend, Archie Andrews is in jail, he was framed for murder by my dad.

I'm trying my best to think of a way to get him out of jail, because he's innocent. He doesn't deserve this.

Other than that, Betty and her boyfriend, Jughead, are investigating the game Griffins and Gargoyles. And honestly, it's pretty creepy. The two are really good detectives, so it's best they handle the situation.

--

The rest of the page was about how her mom changed, ever since she became mayor.

Including her locker combination.

What am I going to use this for? He thought.

He shook off the thought and continued reading the next page.

--
Day 2

Reggie has been quite nice to me. He's there when I really need someone. Reggie helps me through my darkest times, which helps me cope through all this chaos.

Toni and Cheryl look really happy. Doesn't look like anything negative is going on between them.

--

Short chapter. Jughead ate a fry.

--
Day 3

The Serpents seem to be doing fine. I mean, I don't know anything about what they're up to, but judging from their attitude they seem to be doing alright.

Betty told me that they started playing Griffins and Gargoyles, though. Hope they play safely, since people have died playing that game.

Too much things are happening this season, and it's not a good sign.
--

Turns out Betty has been telling Veronica everything. Jughead rolled his eyes.

There were 6 days completed. He decided to read it when he gets home.

--
wc: 614