ch 53

Veronica has been recieving threats from unknown numbers.

They were all, obviously, from the Ghoulies. Though, they don't bother her. She's blocked every single one of them.

"Tomorrow is New Year's Eve," Veronica said, sitting next to Jughead on the couch. "And a specific Bombshell is going to be having the party of the year. Well, end slash beginning of the year."

"Do we have to go?" Jughead asked.

"I mean, we don't have to. But I would like to go," Veronica answered. "Why?Did you not want to go? It's fine if we don't."

"You mean it's fine if I don't. You go ahead, Veronica." Jughead said.

Veronica crossed her arms, "that's going to be a problem. Because I want to spend New Year's with my friends, and my boyfriend."

"Sorry," Jughead apologized.

Veronica frowned. "Fine. If you don't go, I won't go."

"Actually, you don't have to-"

"Seriously, Jughead. I want to spend my New Year's with you. Even if it's just the two of us," Veronica smiled.

"Alright. But don't blame me if I get too boring," Jughead smiled back.

Veronica then got up, and put her coat on.

"Where are you going?" Jughead asked.
"Getting the mail." Veronica answered, grabbing the keys.
Jughead nodded as the girl left.

Veronica walked her way to the mailbox.

Once she got there, someones arms wrapped around her waist.

She screamed, though her mouth was covered. Veronica turned around, seeing Malachai from the Ghoulies.

"Hey there," he smirked.

"Let me go," Veronica instantly said.

"Chill," Malachai let her go. "I just came to tell you that you only have a few more days to join us."

Veronica rolled her eyes.

"And if you don't in the matter of days, we'll start doing something bad to your little Serpent gang. Specifically targeting your king, your boyfriend." Malachai mocked the word boyfriend.

Veronica's stern face became soft. She didn't want anything to happen to them. Especially not Jughead.

"Fine. I'll be thinking about it. And I'm being serious when I say that. Now, go away." Veronica demanded.

Malachai grinned, "good girl."

Veronica took her mail, then walked back home.

"Hey, welcome back." Jughead smiled.

Veronica didn't respond, she placed the letters on the table.

As she was looking through her mail, Jughead went up to her, and hugged her by her waist.

Veronica jumped, startled.

"I'm tired of asking you what's wrong. Can you please just tell me if there's a problem?" Jughead asked, kissing her on the cheek.

Veronica sighed, "it's the Ghoulies, again. Malachai came up to me and gave me some news."

"What was the news?"

Then, Veronica told him exactly what Malachai told her. Except for the part that they'd start bothering the Serpents if she didn't.

Jughead leaned on the table, "don't worry, Veronica. The Serpents and I will protect you." He hugged her close, "you won't have to worry about them."