ch 37

Jughead sighed before picking up Hot Dog, lifting him off of Veronica.

Veronica got up, dusting herself off.

"Great. Now I have to wash my face, again." Veronica rolled her eyes.

"Atleast he licked you, and didn't bite your face off," Jughead said.

Veronica crossed her arms, then went back into the bathroom.

Jughead went back downstairs, along with his dog, and continued to watch TV for the rest of the night.

×××

The two went to school. Hot Dog was safe back at the house.

After placing her stuff in her locker, Veronica went into the student lounge.

"Hi, Veronica!" Toni chirped, as soon as the girl walked into the room.

"I just wanted to thank you for letting Jug stay with you, well, until his dad finally let's him back home," she smiled.

Veronica smiled back, "it's no problem, Toni."

"Since when did you care about Jughead so much?" Cheryl asked Toni, crossing her arms.

"Cheryl, not this again. He's our king, of course I care." Toni replied.

Bombshell rolled her eyes, "alright."

Then, Jughead walked in. Hands in pockets.

"Hey Veronica," he greeted.

Veronica was taken aback when he said hey to her. Despite the fact that they literally live in the same house, and saw eachother minutes ago.

She just thought it was weird that he said hi to her, before the Serpents.

Cheryl stared at Veronica's surprised expression, as everyone was waiting for her answer.

"Uh, hey," she answered, awkwardly.

Jughead quietly chuckled at her response, then greeted the rest of his friends.

A smirk grew on Cheryl's lips as she watched Veronica, who was staring at the ground, probably daydreaming about something.

She was actually daydreaming about how cute she'd look in the winter coat she bought online, and is being delivered to her house tomorrow.

"Veronica," Cheryl said, "I need to talk to you."

"About?" Veronica questioned, snapping out of her thoughts.

"Just meet me in the hall," Cheryl replied.

Veronica followed Cheryl out into the hallway.

"So," Cheryl started, "be honest, Lodge."
"Is there something between you and Jughead?" She asked.

Veronica scoffed, "really? That's what you wanted to ask? No. There's completely nothing between me and Jughead. Never was, never will."

"Really? Explain this morning. Explain why you're being so helpful and caring to him."

"First of all, I don't know what just happened this morning. I'm as surprised and confused as you might be. Secondly, I'm trying to be a better person," Veronica responded.

Cheryl wasn't fully convinced, but she'll take it. "Last question, would you date Jughead?"

Veronica's brows furrowed. "No."

"Even if he was the last boy on Earth?"

"I'm pretty sure he'd already be dating someone else in that scenario. But still, no." Veronica replied.

Cheryl rose a brow. "You're good to go."

Veronica nodded, then went to go look for a specific Mantle.

She instantly found him at his locker.

"Hey, Reggie!" She called.

The bulldog looked over from his locker to Veronica.

"What?" He sighed.

"Are you still mad? Reggie, we weren't even dating." Veronica crossed her arms.

--
wc: 513