ch 11

Jughead went over to Betty's house, just to see if she's still doing okay.

He knocked on her big red door. The door opened almost instantly.

"Oh. Hello Jughead!" She smiled.

Hello Jughead? He thought.

"Hey Betts. How're you feeling?" Jughead asked.

"I'm doing great! How about you?" Betty smiled.

"Fine." He smiled back. "Are you still sick?"

"Actually, I wasn't sick. My body just had a negative reaction to the tea I had." Betty explained.

"Well, are you okay now?" Jughead asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Her smile grew back.

"Cool. Can I come in?"

"Sure." Betty opened the door wide for Jughead to be able to come in.

Jughead entered the house.

"Oh, right! Did you finish the diagram about the Gargoyle King?" Jughead asked.

"Uh about that-"

Jughead went up to her room. As he got there, he saw that there was no diagram. Nor there was any electronics, or window curtains.

"Jug," Betty started, "I'm sorry. But I'm done with the Gargoyle King. I'm done investigating."

Jughead turned around to face her. "What? What do you mean?"

They sat down on her bed.

"I joined the farm." Betty said. "And they said that if I stop investigating Griffins and Gargoyles, it'll really help my mental health."

"Betty. You can't be serious." Jughead wasn't sure.

"I am. I'm sorry. I know I said that there was something up with them, but they're completely normal. And they know what's right for me."

Jughead was speechless.

"I just started, and I already feel refreshed." Betty smiled.

Just then, Jughead's body took control over him. He shook Betty by the shoulders. "Betty, snap out of it."

"Jug- stop it!" Betty pushed his hands off of her. "I'm being completely serious. I'm not hallucinating, I'm not hypnotized. It's me, Elizabeth Cooper. The farm really helped me."

"And I actually suggest you try and join the farm too." She smiled.

"What? No, Betty. They're tricking you. They tricked you into being part of they're ritual."

"It's not ritual! And it was nothing to do with Griffins and Gargoyles. Please trust me, Jug. They helped me, and I've never felt so alive."

"Plus, Mr. Evernever is a really nice guy." She added.

Jughead felt he was out of his mind. Without Betty, he won't find out who the Gargoyle King is.

"Betty, I have to go." Jughead stood up.

"Where are you going?" Betty questioned.

"I just, need to clear my mind." Jughead walked out.

"You know, the farm can help clear your mind!" Betty shouted.

Jughead didn't want to hear anymore about the farm. He left the house before Betty could even say goodbye.

He went straight to Pop's. He had to think of something fast, before they completely take over Betty's mind.

And food helps him think.

He entered the Chock'lit Shoppe.

As soon as he got in, he saw Veronica sitting at a booth. With, he couldn't tell at first, Reggie.

Is Reggie sleeping? He ignored that fact, and went straight to their booth.

--
wc: 504